QIK /SHARES migration

If qik/shares was such a good system and the IT was so good and hard working how come there are still so many things unresolved and still waiting for "fixes"?
The system isn't the greatest but it WAS the cheapest. The IT people ARE hardworking and concientious, but its not as simple as flipping a switch. They are trying to rectify the problems as quickly as you send them in. However fixing THAT problem may produce another problem. Again, all I can tell you is I know for a fact they are trying to make the system work as best they can with what they have. And if anybody wonders whether Tempe is hearing you or not, trust me they are.

Considering how many extra people IT has hired to try and fix this disaster as well as how much lost revenue the "cheapest" system has and continues to cost us , we could have broken our contract for shares and kept sabre and we would now have an efficient operating res system. There is a reason why quality costs a little more . The same reason why a Mercedes is better than a Kia. You get what you paid for and we certainly got that in spades. Shares is a Kia hoping to be a Chevy while Sabre is already a Cadillac.

They are trying to rectify the problems as quickly as you send them in. However fixing THAT problem may produce another problem.

Like the intercity/overnight conx that keep reapperaing in the availability display? Are we really wanting to sell a 620pm flight from TPA to DCA with an overnight stay and transfer to BWI to connect with an early am US* flight to ORD? This has been reported before and was once taken out, but it continues to reappear for some reason. Same thing to numerous other cities and also via LGA/EWR as an overnight conx point. How many times do we have to report it to get it taken out for good?
Also another "bug" that has reappeared is the popup at checkin asking if you'd like to upgrade the Preferred member to First Class when they are already booked in F. I know this was reported/fixed for a while, but starting yesterday its appeared again. Guess someone somewhere hit the wrong key in their programming and now this is the result.
Its just laughable that these problems HAVE BEEN REPORTED and supposedly fixed, yet keep happening.

The system isn't the greatest but it WAS the cheapest. The IT people ARE hardworking and concientious, but its not as simple as flipping a switch. They are trying to rectify the problems as quickly as you send them in. However fixing THAT problem may produce another problem. Again, all I can tell you is I know for a fact they are trying to make the system work as best they can with what they have. And if anybody wonders whether Tempe is hearing you or not, trust me they are.

If there is nothing that they can do short term to fix the problems, then it is costing them more money in the long run. I appreciate the effort, but it has been over a year now. It is not pleasant on the front line, nor is it to the passenger. Look at the stats. Cheaper isn't always better.
IMO, unreasonable. Fire the geek in charge!!!

Like the intercity/overnight conx that keep reapperaing in the availability display? Are we really wanting to sell a 620pm flight from TPA to DCA with an overnight stay and transfer to BWI to connect with an early am US* flight to ORD? ......
Its just laughable that these problems HAVE BEEN REPORTED and supposedly fixed, yet keep happening.

Off line avail can be even worse. My favorite was a double overnite conx - that two overnight stops - from a European gateway and an African capital. This in a market with a direct flight on a major European carrier. That did finally get fixed. For now.

but it has been over a year now. It is not pleasant on the front line, nor is it to the passenger. Look at the stats. Cheaper isn't always better.
IMO, unreasonable. Fire the geek in charge!!!

Piney calls it the "high cost of cheap"...others call it "Penny wise and Pound Foolish" Either way, it seems to be the Sand Castle's modus operandi. (sigh)

:angry:
I am embarassed day after day to have to keep telling the customer sorry it's our computer system, when trying to do a simple transaction. Its bad enough we have to do the same keystrokes again and again for one simple entry.
The higher FF just laugh and roll their eyes when you have to do a simple task for them., :blink:
because they know it may take a while.
The other day it just locked up and would not proceed to do any more (maybe it was siesta time).
I slammed my hands on the keyboard (like that would have done any good) in a futile atttempt to bring it back to life, any resuscitatation was of no help, come on Dr Doug .... call its time of death (was the day it started one year ago) Come Tempe!!!!!!
smell the beans !!!! ( by the way you can get them from the counters that can't count anyway) by the way they overbook our flights..
.Anyway...
I am just glad no customers were around to see me have lost my mind, but the agent next to me looked on me with compassion (having been there and done that B4)

Again give us the Best tools to work with and we will show you wonders (not the ones made in china and recalled)
All of us on the fronts lines are tired and sore (esp our wrists and hands from doing repetative keystokes (cuz it didn't work the first time or the second, but hey Hot damn third times a charm.......
It sucks being the laughing stock of the industry.... :lol:

I try every day, extremely hard, more so than in the past to do my job, to help customers, to get the job done. It takes me three times as long, at least to do just the basics. If reporting software and hardware problems are part of my job, then it is tying up an agent, or removing an agent that is part of the head count, that is responsible for checking people in, or ticketing, etc. It is directly responsible for the long lines and passengers missing flights. This is an example of the general malaise of the persons directly responsible for the operation. If flights are delayed, seemingly every day due to PHL flow or what ever, it should be concidered normal, but , alas is concidered an "irregular operation". I am sorry, but an every day occurance is regular. Nothing irregular about it.

As a philly agt you have no idea how much I hate this POS system....It is near to impossible to operate for a transatlantic operation. If I see market not served one more time I will scream. I cant wait to see the mess it will make of the China flt...can you imagine all the market not served messages we will get because our genius IT people haven't loaded all those little cities we will be connecting to.....

It would take me ten pages to get all frustrations out from this system.....one year later and I still cant see much improvement.....

Give me back my sabre

It's really quite sad, US created it's own disaster in PHL but will not make the necessary changes to fix it. US chooses a computer system (the nervous system of the airline) on the basis of price instead of cost. US chooses to keep Air Wis in the Northeast where it's fifty seaters burn more fuel per seat that anything else US flies and clog up PHL.

QIK/Shares is an unmitigated disaster in the Northeast. When PHL and LGA go on GDP, it's reroute to the max. That is something QIK/Shares is worst at. I keep my laptop at the counter and use it to look for alternate routings, just about anybodies web site is better then QIK/Shares. Too bad the people making the decisions don't have to use the system. US could buy just about any other reservation search engine and improve QIK/Shares quickly.

Some people in the West may not understand, because they haven't had anything else to work with. There is MUCH better out there than what they have experienced.
The current system that the geniuses in Tempe have chosen is based on short sightedness and GREED. It is inane!!!
It should be 'how our employees can serve our customers the best in the shortest period of time'. The most efficient way possible.'
Qik/shares, is not the answer. It doesn't take an advanced degree to figure that out.
How pathetic!!!

That is something QIK/Shares is worst at. I keep my laptop at the counter and use it to look for alternate routings, just about anybodies web site is better then QIK/Shares. Too bad the people making the decisions don't have to use the system. US could buy just about any other reservation search engine and improve QIK/Shares quickly.

I hope you use that as a write off for your taxes, I am not an expert, but we should not have to use our own personal devices for the job we do. The company should pay for that. They do in every other industry, er, that cares.

I hope you use that as a write off for your taxes, I am not an expert, but we should not have to use our own personal devices for the job we do. The company should pay for that. They do in every other industry, er, that cares.

I figure Us owes me at a couple months cell phone bills.....since we dont have phones at some of our gates if we need to call the twr or a supv we have to use our cell phone!!

Latest posts

Back