Rampers Transition Wk 11/6

smallstFSA

Advanced
Dec 22, 2002
Come on IAM for once do us right, its the week of Nov 06 and tomorrow is Friday. Keep us informed with the transition talks and do something for all the furloughed rampers. With all the talk of not being able to retain new hires I would think the company might want to re-hire some of the veterans before the holidays get here.

Regards, JR

Come on IAM for once do us right, its the week of Nov 06 and tomorrow is Friday. Keep us informed with the transition talks and do something for all the furloughed rampers. With all the talk of not being able to retain new hires I would think the company might want to re-hire some of the veterans before the holidays get here.

Regards, JR

Are you a HP ramper? Just curious

Regards, JR

If you didn't have to come back at "day one" pay.
Would you transfer to PHL?
Did you have that option when you were furloughed?

Just curious

Sorry for the double response. No I'm not HP and no, I would rather deliver papers than go to PHL. I just want the same respect the CWA obtained for their members. If furloughed me and my brothers and sisters should be able to bid cities according to seniority and at the same rate of pay.

Why would they? IAM already has your money.

Wanna see the IAM perk up real quick??

About 50% of you stop paying dues for 90 days and see what happens.
Once again mr who thinks he knows it all.

Stop paying dues and they will be terminated.

Go read the CBA.

Paying dues is a condition of employment, you dont pay for 60 days and then steps are taken and if they do not pay they are terminated.

If you didn't have to come back at "day one" pay.
Would you transfer to PHL?
Did you have that option when you were furloughed?

Just curious
Please remember that when most of us were furloughed, that the future was very dark looking for the Company. It would not have been a wise choice for anyone to move based on how things looked at that time. Since then there has been a merger, with a different management team and things SEEM to be heading in a better direction. I must agree that PHL is on the bottom of most peoples list of stations to return to...Only time will tell how this all works out.. :unsure:

The Beck vs CWA only permits someone to be a dues objector, they still have to pay what is germane to the CBA.

Becoming a dues objector makes you a non-member, meaning you cannot vote on CBAs, Strikes, you cannot attend meetings nor can you vote on your representatives.

The IAM is not obligated to bill anyone, it is the member's responsibility to be current on their dues.

Once again you have no idea.

Per the CBA which has been tested if you do not pay your dues you will be terminated, plain and simple, is that too hard to understand?

HMMMM, so let's se then what I have learned.

If I could convince say 50% of the Fleet Service Membership to withold dues then 50% of the workforce would be subject to termination according to you correct?

US Airways can not lose 50% of it's workforce on the ramp at one time since they are short staffed as it is.

So then it is likely that US Airways would be in no huge hurry to start the process leading to termination?

With 50% of the dues revenue dried up and no real prospect of collecting it in the immediate future then IAM could be forced by it's own members to oh say fire the AGC involved in the "Thug 22" incident? Or call a special election? Or any number of things or did I miss something?

Wouldn't it be a hoot to see IAM go to court to force US Airways to fire half the rampers for not paying and then have to turn around and represent them in getting their jobs reinstated or face a Duty of Fair representation lawsuit! :D

And you wonder how & why the company gets the drop on you EVERY time?

I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!

really don't speak of what you don't know, UW knows everything, that is why he does not work here anymore. besides i learned years ago from my father that you should never get into a battle of the wits with an unarmed person

The CBA isn't the Rosetta Stone. I have a contract with Verizon for my phone. Technically if 30 days late I can have service shut off. But suppose I have a dispute and I with hold payment for 60 days, Then I get the shut off notice, Followed by me filing a Consumer Compliant with the NJ Board of public utilities prior to the shut off date which stops the entire process until the initial problem is resolved.

See I just perverted the entire process didn't I? What do you think happens at US faced with terminating 50 % of the ramp? Contract Schmontract
Once again, stick to selling copiers instead of contract interpatation.

The provisions have been tested in court and arbitration, under the RLA the union shop (closed shop) is a condition of employment, workers have been terminated for non-payment of dues, plain and simple, too hard to understand?

The company has terminated employees for it all ready in the past and by law they are obligated to enforce the closed shop provisions of the CBA.

There are several steps in the CBA that must be taken, the termination does not happen instantly, they are given three chances in a time period to become current or be terminated.

And US' track record on contract interpitation is less then stellar, ie, the Airbus Arbitration.

see bob he is so blindly brainwashed by the iam that he can't even see what you are syaing, truth is that your idea is pretty clever, now if you could get more than 50% to do it all at one time, there for they would all have to be fired at the same time...... but he does not have to worry because he is not a member of the fine US airways.
who wants to diss a copier person, with out copy machines we would not have those fine christmas oarty copies... :)

You are not sticking to something you know, Verizon and the IRS have nothing to do with a closed shop, the RLA and dues payment or non-dues payment.

The process to terminate someone for non-dues payment takes a couple of months.

And to 700aw, why don't you critcize Bob, he is not an employee either?

And when are you going to stick to the topic instead of just making the thread about me?

Latest posts