Ratification Odds

And at the end of the six years, AMR will find some other national crisis to hide under and start the bankruptcy camapign all over agian.

By the way, WXGUESSER! Bob Owens had the balls to keep my asswiping comparisons in his quoted reply!

All this whining about profit sharing makes me wish AA had never wasted the $1.8 billion paid out to the employees from 1994-2000.

Don''t like it? Then buy some AMR (available Monday Morning prior to the TAs being announced) for less than $1.50/share (in fact, for as little as $1.30/share). Currently at $4.45/share.

Still looks like a good deal at $4.45.

FWAAA: Can you afford to by the tens of thousands of AMR stock that will insure your retirement? Buying a thousand shares will never make you rich.

By the way, don't you think it's ironic that AA is losing 5 million dollars aday and if you multiply that 5 million a day loss by 365 days, it just about equals the 1.8 billion dollars AA is seeking. They want to be profitable just by cutting wages and benefits but they do not want to change their business plan.

And I WISH AA NEVER WASTED THE BILLIONS TO BUT TWA. OPERATIONALLY, AA LOST 1 BILLION DOLLARS JUST FROM THE COST OF OPERATING THEM.

----------------
On 4/3/2003 10:06:47 AM WXGuesser wrote:

If the vote is "no", then the company will go into bankruptcy and get the "Vermont plan" cuts, which are worse than what they are asking for now. If the vote is "yes", they might or might not go into bankruptcy. While I feel that the possiblity they will *not* go ahead and go into bankruptcy is slim, a slim chance is better than no chance, IMHO.

Also excuse me for deleting your ad hominem attacks from your above post. They serve no purpose towards making your or my point.

TANSTAAFL

----------------​

What makes you so sure that the Company will get what it wants?

I do agree with the statement that a slim chance is better than none. As you said, there is a slim chance that the company will not go BK.
If we vote YES there is "no" chance that we will be making more in 2009 than we are today. If we vote NO there is. I would rather take the chance that the company might not go BK or if the do , not get their Vermont plan and that we can continue to maintain benifits and living standards.

Hopeful, I''m staring down the barrel of a 40-50% paycut. 23% plus a seat bump. since you''re only giving up 15% How do you feel about that Union brother?

----------------
On 4/1/2003 8:02:32 AM Resman1 wrote:

Management must realize by now that in addition to UA, DL, CO and WN we also compete against the fax machine and video conferencing.

----------------​

Sir, you are referring to a remarkable device known as ''web conference'' and just to give you an idea of how valuable this tool has become to the business world; we use a service known as Placeware (another big player is Webex).

Placeware did not even exist three years ago. It is a private company that Microsoft has just agreed to purchase for a reported $200 million (yes million).

Before we became aware of Placeware we used to fly around all the time at whatever was the going rate.

Today we travel perhaps one-tenth of our former totals, and not because business is poor. Matter of fact, our business has never been better!

Our path has not been easy or even comfortable. But we persevered. While I never like to see anyone lose their job (because there are families depending on that job!) I know that airline employees would not pay overly-inflated prices just so my family could stay comfortable.

Bottom line: survival of the fittest. Do you want to survive?

----------------
On 4/3/2003 8:00:40 AM Connected1 wrote:

The pilots don''t have a plan for making money, other than their own hubris. In fact, I would venture to guess that they might even believe somewhere in the back of their minds that they could skate by without any concessions if they owned the company.

----------------​

AA80driver
While I do think that Mr Connected1 is intelligent it does
appear to me that he/she is definitely not objective.
Hence: someone appears to have an ax to grind against pilots. I have asked Connected1 twice if he/she works for
AMR and have not received an answer. No I am not a management basher. But I do think that it is sterotyping
on both labor and management parts that have put AMR and
many other airlines in the predicment they now find themselves. Calling a spayed a spayed though, I have to give
the pilots union at American kudos for going the extra mile in this case. I also am not ignoring the dire situation that
AMR management is in. Hence: passing this TA is probably the better alternative. In the short term it will help with survival. However there appears to be little confidence in the long term with the current management. It has been one screw up after another since Carty took over. AA
AAint what it use to be before him. At least with Crandall
the business decisions were measured, consevative and usually panned out success. Under the current leader not even close.
I advocate passage of the current pilot TA because it will
be better than BK, which has a higher probability of extinguishing AMR''s existance sooner.

Latest posts