Recall John Ward

Will you sign a petition to recall John Ward?

• 1. Yeah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Show us the belligerence?

Show us the desperation?

Telling other adults they should "grow up" is usually a sign of immaturity.

L1011Ret said:

Show us the desperation?

There is plenty of both on this board. Every time a TWA person posts, their sheer venom and hatred interferes with the message they are trying to convey. Of course, you refuse to see it, because you, too, are blinded by that same rage.

The constant sniping by such TWA sycophants as twasilverbullet indicate to me that, indeed, most of you do need to grow up.

L1011Ret said:

Show us the desperation?

and that is the only immaturity you see right?
I actually though silverbullet meant that person was senior, but look at the posts from that person...thats immaturity.
So why didn't you call it that?

At least the former TWA people know what the definition of UNITY is! Unlike 12,000 plus nAAtives who didn't even vote or voted for John WAArd the a$$.

The people who voted to put JW back in office will have to suffer and see what a true idiot he really is. But, here is the catch it's now 3 against 1 in the office and this time he will not get away with what he did before. I hope Tommie Hutto-Blake will win her challenge of the vote. If she does win then either we will have another vote for APFA President or they will count those ballots that were deemed invalid and that will decide the TRUE outcome.

Here is a letter I received from Tommie yesterday. She is a true professional and communicates to the membership, unlike John "numbnuts" WAArd.

Hello All!
On today's date the letter below is being forwarded to my APFA colleagues. You may also forwarded it to your lists if you wish. It is my hope that the members will read it and stay involved in our union's many challenges. In my opinion as long as we are outspoken active AA FAs we must try be a part of the solution. THB
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April 1, 2004
TO: My APFA Colleagues

RE: 2004 APFA National Officers Run-off Election

Most of my APFA colleagues, friends and supporters know that I am rather "long winded" and this statement will without a doubt follow my normal pattern. I have over 34 years of history as an AA Flight Attendant (FA). Thus, I have very strong feelings and opinions about this history and the job that we, together, have turned into a career. A career with a representative voice - our union, the APFA.

Foremost, I want to state that in our most recent history I gave it my all to become the president of our union. Losing this challenge by 5 votes has been one of the most difficult chapters in my life's journey. I made this decision to run for national office during the summer of 2003 and remained steadily focused on the team, our campaign approach, & platform for a solid eight months.

It is my hope that when you voted during the runoff election you felt that you were an informed voter. If you took the time to visit the two campaign websites and watched the two presidential candidates debate the issues during the February 19, 2004 debate - you were informed and I compliment your efforts. Of all the events surrounding this election, I am most proud of this candidate debate. I have lobbied for live debates between candidates for decades. We now have a standard for our future. Please remember this precedent and demand union policy to require this in the elections to come.

Many of you stepped forward to assist us during the "Back on the Right Track" campaign efforts and we have been successful in electing APFA's Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary. On this very date Brett Durkin, Cathy Hermann Lukensmeyer, and Greg Hildreth assume their new duties as national leaders of our union. I congratulate them and urge them to remain focused on the overall challenge of their job - representing the best interest of the AA FAs. Without a doubt they will need our help.

Before I move on to the subject of how you and I can help with the many challenges ahead for our workgroup, I need to inform you that I have filed an election complaint with the APFA National Ballot Committee regarding this March 12, 2004 election certification. My purpose in filing this complaint is twofold. First, to make certain that every valid FA ballot cast in this runoff election is rightfully counted. Second, to urge our leadership to make institutional changes to the current guidelines and safeguards concerning APFA's election process, as established in the APFA Constitution. The internal results of this complaint should be determined within sixty (60) days following the above date.

Once the final remedy has been rendered by the APFA there is also the possibility of a candidate seeking relief from the U.S. Department of Labor. Please understand that these mechanisms are long standing democratic practices established to safeguard membership elections within certified employee-representing unions. Every union member who chooses to cast a valid ballot should have that ballot counted. During our most recent balloting process that lasted from March 10 through March 12, 2004 it was discovered that some valid ballots had been voided. With a five-vote difference between two presidential candidates my request for a thorough review of the 412 voided ballots is certainly warranted.

Hopefully one of the lessons learned in this APFA election process is the importance of each and every FA vote . I urge you to remember this experience not only for future union representation elections but also for the important upcoming elections in your own communities regarding local, state and federal offices. Our individual votes do indeed have impact!

Currently, our APFA membership has elected national leaders who have very different approaches to leadership. To make a comparison using the political system of our wider community, we, the APFA members, have elected a new administration made up of both "Republicans and Democrats." As rank and file members we must urge our national leaders to properly share the balance of power and responsibilities given them by the APFA Constitution. The trust of the APFA membership is at stake. The future gains or loses of the AA FA careers are at stake. We are at a turning point and the path we choose to take as an organization will have lasting impact on our work lives.

Three distinct governing groups within APFA's structure hold the reins of our union. The APFA National Officers (along with those they appoint to various full time union positions), the nine members of the APFA Executive Committee, and the twenty-two members of the APFA Board of Directors. Each of these bodies have specific constitutional responsibilities to oversee and safeguard the "rules" of the union in the best interest of the AA FAs. Our union is not a monarchy (like a corporation to a certain degree) but a democracy, and the APFA membership is ultimately responsible for making certain this system is working as such.

When nineteen candidates step forward to run for four national union positions, as in the primary of our most recent election, the assumption could be made that there was a need for a leadership shift. Effective today the members have authorized this shift. As members we must continue to keep a watchful eye on this shift and balance of power.

The last time our union had a blending of slates elected into national office (1984) we had two years of intensive political battles within the leadership structure of the APFA. Our membership funds were spent on lawsuits and a complex and lengthy internal arbitration to settle our differences. Today, we do not have the time nor can we afford to repeat this part of our history. If a blockade for progress becomes apparent in the coming months, the need for further leadership reform may also become apparent.

Toward the end of this year the APFA base election process will begin. The ultimate Governing Body of our union is the APFA Board of Directors. The 18-voting members on this Board are the 18 Base Chairs. I urge all APFA members to be alert to this fact and ultimately to become engaged in these upcoming elections. [Many times there are no elections because no opposition candidate comes forward and thus the standing chair becomes "duly elected."] Today, consider opening up direct dialogue with your Base Chair. Come to Board Meetings to observe the process. Leaders become better leaders if their constituency become involved in the process.

Without a doubt, running an organization with democratic standards is a challenge. Every elected leader gets their turn to speak and be heard. All representatives within this process should be treated with respect. Parliamentary law and rules of order should be honored when official meetings are called. Members should be given the opportunity to observe this process and indeed be given a voice in the debate. We, as the membership of APFA, have an obligation to speak out if our organization's rules are not being honored.

Another important task on our horizon will be the constitutional formation of the next-in-order APFA negotiating team. APFA will need strong, experienced, talented members to step forward for this job. Many months of preparation and research needs to be done long before any future collective bargaining takes place concerning our current Working Agreement with AA management.

This time last year our contract was gutted without proper preparation, historical review, agreed to values, or appropriate outside labor experts representing the FA interest during the concessionary bargaining. And the results speak the truth. Currently as working line FAs we don't even have a printed copy of this "restructured participation agreement" in its ever changing form.

Today, there are members who still feel disenfranchised from this time in our collective history and their disputes need to be heard and resolved. Our union currently has numerous outstanding disputes and complaints (lawsuits, unfair labor practices, and internal charges) regarding a wide range of issues - solutions need to be found so that we as a collective force can move forward with common purpose. Systems of injustice are inherently unstable. The AA FAs need stability in our representative voice - the APFA, in the years ahead. The APFA Board must be urged to resolve these outstanding complaints with due process.

I am not sharing all of this information with the idea of walking away from this collective challenge. As long as I am an active AA FA I will continue to observe and speak out. I urge you to do the same. One of the finest aspects about living in this country of ours and being a union member - is the right to speak out and to make a difference.

Again, I urge you to get to know your Base Chair. If your interests are not being represented offer your time and counsel. Watch and observe and ultimately consider being a part of the solution. Currently there is erosion afoot regarding our career choice and we all need to be alert as to who has the reins in this next leg of our collective journey. APFA needs more field activist.

I have written these words with the best of intent. It is my hope that your involvement will continue!
With strength and support toward our collective cause,
Tommie

THB's letter to the membership was not meant to UNIFY...it was meant to DIVIDE.

Talk about a sore loser.

And I still would like to know what THB promised TWA to get their votes. It must have been mighty good to get them NOT to vote for their OWN TWA candidates in the first election.

I believe most people read it as an act of class which she obviously has. I salute her for trying to do the right thing.

As I said before, telling others to "grow up" is a mark of immaturity. It is also an act stating how much better you believe yourself to be than they are. Such acts are acts of comparison usually reserved for those who need to compare themselves to others because their self esteem is low. One way to elevate such minimal self esteem is to diminish others thus making yourself larger in your own eyes.

L1011Ret said:
I believe most people read it as an act of class which she obviously has. I salute her for trying to do the right thing.
So, do you feel she would have done what you would, quite obviously believe is the "right thing," and give TWA seniority? Or if she did not, would you have been trashing her on this board?

You imagine that a President of APFA could give TWAers seniority? That is not within the President's power. I do not for a New York minute believe THB would be in any way inclined to give TWAers seniority even if elected. As I said before, I respect her for a variety of reasons including the fact that she is perhaps the most human of the candidates. Honest with integrity. JW appears to be a very hostile and hateful person. You need only to have visited his web site to convince yourself.

As far as I know, THB promised nothing to TWAers. To do so would be automatic political suicide. However, there was the feeling among TWAers that THB might at least let the elected STL representatives into meetings, something JW repeatedly denied them under the guise in one case that they were discussing sensitive issues about TWA for 9 hours. Something APFA members later admitted was absolute BS.

The reason I thought THB was of presidential quality was because of her experience. If THB had been in office - I don't believe that the TIA would have been as drastic. We know what inexperience has done to the career. I liked what I saw in the debate as well as with her writing style.

L1011Ret said:
You imagine that a President of APFA could give TWAers seniority? That is not within the President's power. I do not for a New York minute believe THB would be in any way inclined to give TWAers seniority even if elected. As I said before, I respect her for a variety of reasons including the fact that she is perhaps the most human of the candidates. Honest with integrity. JW appears to be a very hostile and hateful person. You need only to have visited his web site to convince yourself.

As far as I know, THB promised nothing to TWAers. To do so would be automatic political suicide. However, there was the feeling among TWAers that THB might at least let the elected STL representatives into meetings, something JW repeatedly denied them under the guise in one case that they were discussing sensitive issues about TWA for 9 hours. Something APFA members later admitted was absolute BS.
You know nothing of THB. You claim she is "honest with integrity." How do you know that? How do you know that she would not have done EXACTLY the same thing as JW, if not worse? From what I hear, she felt that we should have OFFERED our January 2003 3 percent pay increase to AA BEFORE they came to us for major concessions. She seems to think the Board acted appropriately in violating the Constitution to cram the concessions down our throat.

How do you feel that she is any different from JW? She would have done the same, and worse.

jsn25911 said:
The reason I thought THB was of presidential quality was because of her experience. If THB had been in office - I don't believe that the TIA would have been as drastic. We know what inexperience has done to the career. I liked what I saw in the debate as well as with her writing style.
THB says that she would have given the 3 percent pay increase we got in January 2003 BEFORE the company came to us for the RPA, which means that the concessions would have come off of our wages MINUS 3 percent, making the total wage concession 18.6 percent. Appeasement does not work with AA.

It just goes to show you how conciliatory she is with management.

The constant sniping by such TWA sycophants as twasilverbullet indicate to me that, indeed, most of you do need to grow up.[/QUOTE]

A sycophant is one who flatters.

As in:

miaami, il faut que tu saches que tu es quelqu'un d'extraordinaire.

tu sais miami, tout le monde t'aime beaucomp.

c'est si fantastique de te connaitre miaami.

tu es une personne tellement merveilleuse!

et quand tu es avec vous, on est si bien, si proche du nirvana. Merci miaami!

Feel better now!! :)

twasilverbullet said:

The constant sniping by such TWA sycophants as twasilverbullet indicate to me that, indeed, most of you do need to grow up.

A sycophant is one who flatters.

As in:

miaami, il faut que tu saches que tu es quelqu'un d'extraordinaire.

tu sais miami, tout le monde t'aime beaucomp.

c'est si fantastique de te connaitre miaami.

tu es une personne tellement merveilleuse!

et quand tu es avec vous, on est si bien, si proche du nirvana. Merci miaami!

Feel better now!! :) [/quote]
Twasilverbullet...

Perhaps you need to read further in your dictionary. Sycophant is a synonym of PARASITE.

Fly4ALiving said:

Talk about a sore loser.
You really have no idea what unity is do you? I would imagine by the way you made your post you voted for John WAArd. Do you call a President who runs and hides from his membership for 7 months, unity? Last weeks APFA hotline is the first time he has spoken to this membership in over 7 months (except for the debate). You call that unity?

You need to do your homework, because you're very uneducated in labor and what unity stands for. You obviously have not been with AA for very long. By the tone in your posts, I would bet you're on furlough. Did you even vote?

If you want to learn what unity is and what staying unified is all about, just let me know and I will help you. I have been an AA f/a for 26 years and currently hold a position with the APFA at my base. In fact I have held several positions in the union during my 26 years.

Next time you're in NYC, come see me and I will help you with your problem. I can tell you this; selling a union membership out is not UNITY!

A sore loser? That really makes me laugh. THB is doing the right thing by challenging the vote. We all know it was fraudulent from the word go. Those 135 STL ballots that were deemed invalid do to dues arrears actually were valid. The National Ballot Committee didn't receive the most up to date current dues list before the count. HMMM, I wonder how that happened?

We need a real leader to get this membership unified and keep it that way. THB is the one for the job and she will have her day once the investigation is complete.

The most important thing now is to get all of our furloughees back to work!!!!

LiveInAHotel said:
Fly4ALiving said:

Talk about a sore loser.
You really have no idea what unity is do you? I would imagine by the way you made your post you voted for John WAArd. Do you call a President who runs and hides from his membership for 7 months, unity? Last weeks APFA hotline is the first time he has spoken to this membership in over 7 months (except for the debate). You call that unity?

You need to do your homework, because you're very uneducated in labor and what unity stands for. You obviously have not been with AA for very long. By the tone in your posts, I would bet you're on furlough. Did you even vote?

If you want to learn what unity is and what staying unified is all about, just let me know and I will help you. I have been an AA f/a for 26 years and currently hold a position with the APFA at my base. In fact I have held several positions in the union during my 26 years.

Next time you're in NYC, come see me and I will help you with your problem. I can tell you this; selling a union membership out is not UNITY!

A sore loser? That really makes me laugh. THB is doing the right thing by challenging the vote. We all know it was fraudulent from the word go. Those 135 STL ballots that were deemed invalid do to dues arrears actually were valid. The National Ballot Committee didn't receive the most up to date current dues list before the count. HMMM, I wonder how that happened?

We need a real leader to get this membership unified and keep it that way. THB is the one for the job and she will have her day once the investigation is complete.

The most important thing now is to get all of our furloughees back to work!!!!
LiveInAHotel aka T----- P------...

I thought you were kicked off this board, and told not to come back.

In actuality, it is you who is on furlough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back