Recall Rights Extended

In my opinon.... I think AA has somethimg up their sleeve.... With fuel as high as it is, I bet we see AA shink and ground planes. There goes the need to for more F/As...
What does it matter how high fuel is as long as passengers are paying the price, filling the planes, and the company is profitable?

MK

In my opinon.... I think AA has somethimg up their sleeve.... With fuel as high as it is, I bet we see AA shink and ground planes. There goes the need to for more F/As...

From your post one might conclude AA had some malignant motive in these recalls....

This is the result of not only the Legislative efforts but the "selling" of outstanding grievance wins that AA had stonewalled on paying. Not to worry, they only affected the former TWA f/as so nobody else had to give up anything in addition to the already imposed sacrifices. This is a wonderful example of the "little engine that could". We refused to accept that there was nothing to be done. Given the tragic events of 9-11, this outcome is as it should be... AA could have avoided the Legislative interference by simply announcing the recall of all remaining f/as (to be scheduled into class as needed). They could have then begun the hiring process for new hires. I can assure you if the f/as recalled had not been doing such a good job this would have never happened. It is hard to refute base managers "gushing" over those recalled. Also hard to refute is the volume of "applause slips" being awarded. Some of this is explained by the "honeymoon" phase and some is explained by experience. It is hard to keep a good f/a down.

Celebrate because there are some wonderful people that will now have the CHOICE to either continue or end their careers on their own terms. Now if we can only convince AA to do a "paper" return to retirement for those who were not 50 at the time of the furlough. How silly is it to waste valuable training dollars and base headcount when the end result will be the same. Retirement. And no, we don't get YOUR retirement. We are credited with one year which comes out to $90 a month.

And most importantly, now is the time for ALL AA f/as to join the fight to extend recall to those who have already fallen of the list. 6000 or 1/4th of the AA f/as lost their jobs as a result of 9-11. All should have the choice to return. $600,000,000 (and growing) of shared sacrifice (in addition to that of the active membership) is more than enough reason for AA to do the "right thing".

RIGHT ON and CONGRATULATIONS !!

No doubt this is fantastic news. The recalled ex-Trans World F/As I have flown with have been a class act, as expected.

What great news for the tenacious and reseliant group of professionals that you are !
Look forward to meeting and flying with more of you soon..!!
Happy Holidays..

RIGHT ON and CONGRATULATIONS !!

No doubt this is fantastic news. The recalled ex-Trans World F/As I have flown with have been a class act, as expected.

What great news for the tenacious and reseliant group of professionals that you are !
Look forward to meeting and flying with more of you soon..!!
Happy Holidays..

Thank you for your comments. Perhaps our paths will cross in the future. I agree with Nancy on the recall. I will not personally rest until every AA f/a has a chance to return to their chosen career. We are all AA f/a's no matter what airline you came from.

I am glad that you have met some of our recalls. Thank you for your positive feedback.

Great! I'm still not sure why there's even a cut off and it should be extended to all. Many of them aren't even getting paid much more than new hires so bring back those with experience who want to come back and less $$ from training (and drop outs). Alot will be happening in 2 years and I'll be wishing for the same opportunity to all of our new f/as (including those that were on probation).

Congrats to all you TWA Flight Attendants..... I know some of you but not all... From what I know you all desevere this soooooo much.... AA took something away from you and had no problem bringing the Pilots Back... Well God knows you deserve a Call back too !!! You Go Girls ( and Boys)...... Love you all but will be happy to see my Seniority go up that much more at Eagle :up:

Congrats to all you TWA Flight Attendants..... I know some of you but not all... From what I know you all desevere this soooooo much.... AA took something away from you and had no problem bringing the Pilots Back... Well God knows you deserve a Call back too !!! You Go Girls ( and Boys)...... Love you all but will be happy to see my Seniority go up that much more at Eagle :up:

The 9-11 related furloughs affected 6000 f/as at AA or 1/4th of the APFA membership. ALL need to be offered the CHOICE to return. This should not just be a TWA issue.
Thanks for the good wishes and please take a moment to let the union know that no ONE person should be left behind.
Happy holidays.

The 9-11 related furloughs affected 6000 f/as at AA or 1/4th of the APFA membership. ALL need to be offered the CHOICE to return. This should not just be a TWA issue.
Thanks for the good wishes and please take a moment to let the union know that no ONE person should be left behind.
Happy holidays.
Nancy, do you know the seniority of the falloffs? I know one lady who falls in the middle of the 410 due to drop off on 11/1/07 who was just saved, and she's '96. That means the falloffs should be '97 or '98 or thereabouts and junior. They're only at second or third year on the pay scale, so the economics of dumping them just doesn't work. Plus, they could get by with abbreviated training, just as we did.

I see no reason not to recall them as well.

MK

Nancy, do you know the seniority of the falloffs? I know one lady who falls in the middle of the 410 due to drop off on 11/1/07 who was just saved, and she's '96. That means the falloffs should be '97 or '98 or thereabouts and junior. They're only at second or third year on the pay scale, so the economics of dumping them just doesn't work. Plus, they could get by with abbreviated training, just as we did.

I see no reason not to recall them as well.

MK

Kirkpatrick, just wondering how flying is going for you now that your back.

miAAmi, Merry Christmas. I am still awaiting recall. Do you know if there is any movement in the MIA base? I live in Delray Beach. Just curious.

Good job to all the folks who worked on this! I hope all the TWA f/a's get a chance to fly again. It does seem like a partial victory though. Didn't you already have about 1500 of the most junior fall of the recall list? Wouldn't they be on lower pay scales compared to the more senior f/a's who may now be protected? Why wouldn't they just include them? I think there were about 900 probationary f/a's who were on the new hire pay scale. Why don't they just put them on the recall list? Chances are most of them wouldn't return - but wouldn't it be cheaper to fill classes with them at new hire rates instead of spending all that money on recruitment and full six week classes? Weren't they native hired AA f/a's? Why doesn't the APFA act on their behalf? They have finally helped the TWA folks - why don't they help their own now too? Now that the recalls are being extended, even though it was too costly in the past, why don't they just do the right thing and include everyone! You all are going to need each other's support very soon I think!!

Are AA and US (East) the only carriers with furloughs still on the street?

miAAmi, Merry Christmas. I am still awaiting recall. Do you know if there is any movement in the MIA base? I live in Delray Beach. Just curious.

I have not noticed any movement here in Miami, but there will be a transfer shuffle before the next recalls get assigned a base so maybe then there might be some openings in MIA. I think most of the recalled are going to LGA, BOS and DCA and maybe a few to ORD. You never know so keep your fingers crossed and maybe MIA will open up. Good luck to you and Merry Christmas to you too.

Good job to all the folks who worked on this! I hope all the TWA f/a's get a chance to fly again. It does seem like a partial victory though. Didn't you already have about 1500 of the most junior fall of the recall list? Wouldn't they be on lower pay scales compared to the more senior f/a's who may now be protected? Why wouldn't they just include them? I think there were about 900 probationary f/a's who were on the new hire pay scale. Why don't they just put them on the recall list? Chances are most of them wouldn't return - but wouldn't it be cheaper to fill classes with them at new hire rates instead of spending all that money on recruitment and full six week classes? Weren't they native hired AA f/a's? Why doesn't the APFA act on their behalf? They have finally helped the TWA folks - why don't they help their own now too? Now that the recalls are being extended, even though it was too costly in the past, why don't they just do the right thing and include everyone! You all are going to need each other's support very soon I think!!

Are AA and US (East) the only carriers with furloughs still on the street?

So what is the answer, why doesn't APFA act on their behalf?

Latest posts