Reconfigured 321's

I don't understand how they remove 16 f/c seats and the valet closet and only get in 14 coach seats. It seems like there would be more room than that for coach in the same space. I also don't understand how they could add the weight of more passengers and the bags they carry yet not severely impact the already lagging 321. I just don't get it unless it gets pulled off transcon. It barely makes it now.
Doesn't the A321 have trouble flying out of LAS? If so doesn't this rule out LAS for ever seeing this plane in the future?

Travelpro72,

They are removing 10 F seats and the closet. They allegedly gain net 14 more seats. I can't wait for the first DVT lawsuit to be filed.

As you know by my other posts, our members are up in arms right now, and they want out--NOW. I feel badly for all the front liners, but our constituency has had enough, and they have decided to move on.

There will be a better explanation by Monday on my Tempe thread, but I have heard my members and will act accordingly.

Travelpro72,

They are removing 10 F seats and the closet. They allegedly gain net 14 more seats. I can't wait for the first DVT lawsuit to be filed.

As you know by my other posts, our members are up in arms right now, and they want out--NOW. I feel badly for all the front liners, but our constituency has had enough, and they have decided to move on.

There will be a better explanation by Monday on my Tempe thread, but I have heard my members and will act accordingly.
Art,

Are the FFOCUS members leaving? Is it official? :(

Can anyone comment on the following:
How many reconfigured A321's are currently in-service?
How many of those reconfigured A321's have gone transcon?
How many non-stops have turned into fuel stops?
How may FOOCUS or FFs have been denied upgrades on the reconfgiured A321's?
How many seats have been left unoccupied due to weight & Balance and winds?

Regards
DC

Can anyone comment on the following:
How many reconfigured A321's are currently in-service?
How many of those reconfigured A321's have gone transcon?
How many non-stops have turned into fuel stops?
How may FOOCUS or FFs have been denied upgrades on the reconfgiured A321's?
How many seats have been left unoccupied due to weight & Balance and winds?

Regards
DC

One, perhaps 2 have been reconfigured.
Yes one went on a transcon and had serious w/b issues, and CG issues. I believe it was weight limited.
Not sure how many fuel stops have been added
FFOCUS members have been told that no upgrade inventory exists months out on some of these routes-a combination of reduced availability and inventory manipulation. They think they can sell transcon F--if they had a competitive product they might, but they don't.

We can go on and on about this--but as long as other carriers have more F and a better product, this cinches the decision to move on for many of our members.

We'll see how it works out--but right now we are not encouraged. They may get just want they asked for--full of $99 fares, with high yield business travelers flying elsewhere.

I don't understand how they remove 16 f/c seats and the valet closet and only get in 14 coach seats. It seems like there would be more room than that for coach in the same space. I also don't understand how they could add the weight of more passengers and the bags they carry yet not severely impact the already lagging 321. I just don't get it unless it gets pulled off transcon. It barely makes it now.

Coach went from 143 to 167, a gain of 24 minus 10 less first class.

Can anyone check the status of 1455 today, CLT-SFO? I checked it because I'm flying it on Monday. Left CLT 29 minutes late, arrived SFO 2 hours 2 min late. Fuel stop?

Coach went from 143 to 167, a gain of 24 minus 10 less first class.

Can anyone check the status of 1455 today, CLT-SFO? I checked it because I'm flying it on Monday. Left CLT 29 minutes late, arrived SFO 2 hours 2 min late. Fuel stop?
It stopped in St. Louis, reason unknown.

US1421 PHL-LAX is going nonstop.

This POS toy computer system WILL be the death of US. In Sabre is was 2**** (whatever the flight # was) and you got exactly what was going on with that flight. If it was a medical issue you got that on the screen and it updated right to USAirways.com. With this SHARES crap who the hell knows anything. Oh the next few days are going to unravel really fast.

Art,

I may have said it before, thye lost my transcon business to CO last year. ANd that was before reducing the 321, or removing coat closets, so the chances are very slim that they will ever get it back.

Yep I think your right. We at CO are doing the total opposite, we are adding first class seats. But then again we charge an arm and a leg for them. But guess what you get a good product. And we really don't have a range problem with the 737-800. I did work the A321 in my days at US and it was a pain in the a$$, I can imagine with more people :unsure:

Shouldn't we have a Alert Bulletin in our FAEM with the "new" seating configuration for the A321 in it? Would this not change the demo row positions which would need to be reflected in the demo/emergency demo positions page in the manual? Hmmm whats the number for the FAA? :rolleyes:

Shouldn't we have a Alert Bulletin in our FAEM with the "new" seating configuration for the A321 in it? Would this not change the demo row positions which would need to be reflected in the demo/emergency demo positions page in the manual? Hmmm whats the number for the FAA? :rolleyes:
PHL FSDO (Flight Standards District Office) 610-595-1500

I have a pretty good idea who Art talked to on this so who or what proof source can you cite?

Since we know that our friends in Tempe tend to be somewhat "Challenged" when it comes to telling the whole story, I'd really like to hear it from a non HP Source as I just don't quite trust them yet.

I was on that flight it was full. So i think im a good source.

So I guess it's safe to say that flight #1455 on the 14th left CLT and stopped in STL for fuel before going on to SFO?