Reconfigured 321's

I still can't believe that we have this a/c or two flying around and a flight attendant may get on it yet there is NO reference to a change to the a/c in our manual. How could this be allowed? Everything we point at,say and where we stand to demo in regular ops or emergency is outlined for each aircraft in detail. So are we to just take it upon ourselves to find a spot that we feel is right? This whole operation is ran like a pretzel stand in manhattan. Oh wait I take that back, they run pretty well. In all weather too. I'm sure there is someone on here thats gonna say, "oh get over it, is there not more important things"...blah blah blah. We should have some kind of alert bulletin to put in our manual in reference to these changes. Morons.

I still can't believe that we have this a/c or two flying around and a flight attendant may get on it yet there is NO reference to a change to the a/c in our manual. How could this be allowed? Everything we point at,say and where we stand to demo in regular ops or emergency is outlined for each aircraft in detail. So are we to just take it upon ourselves to find a spot that we feel is right? This whole operation is ran like a pretzel stand in manhattan. Oh wait I take that back, they run pretty well. In all weather too. I'm sure there is someone on here thats gonna say, "oh get over it, is there not more important things"...blah blah blah. We should have some kind of alert bulletin to put in our manual in reference to these changes. Morons.
are you suggesting that they are putting the almight $ before safety?? not DoUgIe, never... :rolleyes:

So I guess it's safe to say that flight #1455 on the 14th left CLT and stopped in STL for fuel before going on to SFO?

Did a little research in DECS today and as much as I would like to say this was a fuel stop it was a medical emergenceny diversion. Left CLT with 180 paxs and surprisingly about 3000 lbs under MTOW.

However the fuel stops will be painfully often I'm sure, just not yet.

Regards

LGA777

We can't seem to get a straight answer can we?

More of the vaunted "Tempe Treachery"??????

Paging Airport Man, your Kool-Aide is ready

sorry to dissapoint you piny but i was refering to the first flight of the recon a321. Not the one that diverted to STL please reread the posts if you cant follow.

Shouldn't we have a Alert Bulletin in our FAEM with the "new" seating configuration for the A321 in it? Would this not change the demo row positions which would need to be reflected in the demo/emergency demo positions page in the manual? Hmmm whats the number for the FAA? :rolleyes:

Read your faem it is in there. when u revised it you must not have read it.

Well, I stand corrected it's in ALERT 03-07 Page 7. Odd no diagram with this like on the other alerts. It's just sort of thrown in with other stuff. Just the IFE has been moved to the AFT area.

Yes it's sure in there. Well, I guess they felt that it was good enough if you were looking pretty quick. No reconfig diagrams for the 321 or the 75E yet? Hmmm it's to be expected.

So will the "C" flight attendant be required to stay up front if there are 16 passengers in f/c? The rule now is if there is a hot meal with "16" or more the "C" is to be up front. We don't always follow that if the "A" can handle it but that is how it's written. I'm not resistant to change and understand trying to make a profit as it's a business but the decisions that are being made are really stretching it a bit. Why are other airlines and LCC's especially not resorting to the crap this company is? The talent in Tempe seems to be screwing customers/employees. There is NO real business plan so it seems.

I heard that the flight from SFO stopped in pit today to refuel. :down:

Great Job Tempe.

Does anyone know the percentage of flights which required to be refueled?

Well the bad news is A/C 174 went on line this morning so now there are two A-321's in service with the new configuration. The good news is no A-321's are in either PIT or CLT MTC for the purpose of reconfig mods. It is possible Tempe has actually decided to hold off on reconfiguring any more A-321's until the first two have some time in service to evaluate their performance and problems ?

Cheers

LGA777

You know it's starting to occur to me that the drive from Mystic Island to EWR might not be as bad as I first thought :D
Would it be easier for you to hit the NJ Transit line before the traffic gets bad? They stop at the EWR Airport which is a nice way to fly out of EWR. My friend and I drove up to EWR a few months ago to see what the connection was like, and its rather easy. AMTRAK stops there too, abit more expensive buta nice relaxing way to get to EWR!

I'm flying PHL-LAX rt, both on A321's. Flight 1423 on 5/3, flight 1446 on 5/8.

The seat maps are different than they used to be, but they don't show rows 5-8 in coach either. Therefore, there is no way to know what exit row seats are best. Does anyone know the deal on these flights? Thanks.