Reserve Flight Attendants need to quit your #*^@$ing!

Reserves+Entire West+Company= Bye bye bid sheet!
EMB- I am a BH (fairly senior, but not a dinosaur) but cannot wait til the bidsheet is GONE so those fools senior to me have to fly their block. I can't wait til the senior ones forget to bid one month and get a 737 by default! They'll have to fly it! Maybe it will happen to Cindy A. :lol:

Has anyone else picked up on the vast difference in posts from flight attendants on this board? The posts from the 'junior' people tend to be much more intelligent, readable, and grammatically correct than the "I have a block" crowd.

..............the big difference between blockholders and Reserves on this board, is that the Reserves outnumber B/Holders ON THIS SITE and are more angry. When you feel slighted in the least way, out comes the VERBAL ABUSE by PERSONAL ATTACKS. You call that intelligent? Readable?

THIS BOARD SHOULD SHUT DOWN THE THREAD THE MINUTE SOMEONE POSTS TASTELESS PERSONAL ATTACKS AND THREATS. (which has happened in this thread)

only stating opinions

I have read a lot of your posts an I have surfed around your reserve site blog. The way you refer to Safety Stud as Safety Dud, an I have seen you refer to blockholders as blockheads is anything but professional. Also many of your posts contain misguided information. The contract that you speak of has an expiration date of Dec. 31, 2011. Without this merger with AWA there would not be an opportunity to negoiate a new contract, then we would all be living under this one until 2011. I am a reserve, a career reserve, I hate this LTO as much as the next person but I don't blame the blockholders for this system we have. I dont blame the present leadership in our union either, they were not in office when this contract was presented to us for a vote. The majority of flight attendants on the property voted this contact in and now we are paying the price. Fighting amongst ourselves isnt going to get a better contract.

As far as I can tell, we are still stuck with our contract until Dec. 31, 2011. Have you noticed the snail pace of the negotiations? Also, what do you see our current union leaders doing to provide us some relief? They are able to pull lots of strings for our senior flight attendants, yet I have yet to see them help us out. Oh yeah, they did present a list of things to the company to help us reserves but guess what? Management supposedly turned them all down except the one proposal that allows BHs to drop down to 40 hours on the ETB. Yeah, sure! They're really looking after us reserves! How about implementing shifts so we aren't on call for 24 hours. There's a start! How many times have you been woken up in the middle of the night for a transatlantic flight? I don't even know when to sleep half the time. Scheduling could call me at midnight, scheduling could call me at 5am, they could call me anytime and expect me to be at the airport at any time day or night within 90 minutes. I'm not a number and I am not a robot I am a person and I expect to be treated as such.

Ah the bidsheet, so many ways to say goodbye <_< au revoir,adios,sayonara,ciao,Auf wiedersehen and most of all GOOD RIDDANCE! :lol:

SafetyDud! Your coming to PHL I see! Keep it up and your reception will be really warm. And just so you know....come real close and bend that ear....lean in close!.......
YOU'RE A DISGRACE TO THE AFA OFFICE YOU HOLD AND I AM GLAD THE PRIVIALGE IS BEING REVOKED FROM YOU. Get out of my sight.
Yea, I won't be doing volunteer work, whooptidooo...
Get your facts straight... I wasn't elected to any position. I volunteered my free time and energy for this position...
Which is more than I can say for half the people on this board...

Has anyone else picked up on the vast difference in posts from flight attendants on this board? The posts from the 'junior' people tend to be much more intelligent, readable, and grammatically correct than the "I have a block" crowd.

One has to wonder if it's a geographical thing, a generational thing- I can't imagine America's public school system has improved- or if it's something else... Certainly one group seemd to be more educated, or at least more persuasive, than the other.
As much as I admire most of your posts, I think this one does you a disservice.

..............the big difference between blockholders and Reserves on this board, is that the Reserves outnumber B/Holders ON THIS SITE and are more angry. When you feel slighted in the least way, out comes the VERBAL ABUSE by PERSONAL ATTACKS. You call that intelligent? Readable?

THIS BOARD SHOULD SHUT DOWN THE THREAD THE MINUTE SOMEONE POSTS TASTELESS PERSONAL ATTACKS AND THREATS. (which has happened in this thread)

only stating opinions

Tone it down Sky High! Geez! My ears are still ringing from your SCREAMING retort! Have mercy on my ears!

Whoopiedo? Shows how much you respected the office and yes, it's a AFA position you held. Disgusting none the less. Welcome to Philly! ;)

I don't see a disservice, I think my point has only been reaffirmed since. Am I speaking too softly for Sky High?

I think US Airways AFA should adopt a new slogan... Whoopdidoo! It pretty much sums it up.

This could all be easily taken care of. We need to go back a few years, all fas should be female, weight in proportion to height, and retired at marriage or age 30. There, done.

This could all be easily taken care of. We need to go back a few years, all fas should be female, weight in proportion to height, and retired at marriage or age 30. There, done.

Well, there are only 21 US Airways F/As under the age of thirty at this time, and about half of those are male. You might staff one PHLBOS Embraer with those parameters.

I don't see a disservice, I think my point has only been reaffirmed since. Am I speaking too softly for Sky High?

I think US Airways AFA should adopt a new slogan... Whoopdidoo! It pretty much sums it up.

.........................You just reaffirmed my post!

When you feel slighted in the least way, out comes the VERBAL ABUSE by PERSONAL ATTACKS. You call that intelligent? Readable?

only stating opinions

only stating opinions

Maybe just an IQ test, or a GED proficiency test instead of those parameters? Sorry Sky High.

Maybe just an IQ test, or a GED proficiency test instead of those parameters? Sorry Sky High.

...........Nice try. Point is, we rarely see eye to eye on issues here. NOT Sorry, EMBRA.

(as usual, you'll need to have the last "personal attack" reply)

only stating opinions

You're finally right about something! Don't mind if I do.

E-M-B-F-A

F stands for Fun, Fish, and Frank

R stands for Run, Robot, and Rebecca

You'll get the hang of it.

Back