Resignations

I would like to say to all my colleagues that I have had the pleasure working with these past 16 years, it has been an HONOR! US Airways employees are some of the most talented and seasoned people I have ever worked with. Please go out and tell the job market how good you are and the results might surprise you.

I finally resigned last month to start a new career and I am simply overjoyed at my new opportunities. It was indeed hard leaving a company that I have spent a 16 years of my life with. Everybody at US is like family to me but I felt the time was upon me to move on.

Do not be intimidated. There is life after US. Keep a positive attitude no matter how bad things are. It will take you a long ways. I am rooting for y'all. Life is really is not so bad. Tail Winds!

Respectfully

B4

Rico said:
The Midatlantic F?A resignations had a lot to do with the fact that PIT is being downsized for MDA, and PHL and DCA are growing instead.

While they might have been willing to return to work for MDA from home, the added costs and time lost in commuting for the same job has made it no longer worthwhile.
[post="192383"][/post]​

You are exactly correct.

BostonTerrier said:
Just doing some fuzzy math: a 7th year flight attendant on reserve (71 hour minimum) will gross approximately the same amount if he or she takes a $12 an hour job 40 hours per week.

[post="192479"][/post]​

I am a MAA f/a and I fly 95 to 100 hours a month. At mainline I also flew the same hours. I have to say that if I was at mainline right now with the paycuts..and I was only flying 71 hours per month, I would start to fly 95 hours. If someone that flies 70 to 80 would just add an extra trip..like a four day or something it would make up for the time. Why be a f/a if you don't wanna fly?? I will never understand the " I love to fly" " I love being a flight attendant " and they don't wanna fly over 55 to 60 hours per month. I wanna work and I wanna fly so if the f/a's that are out there that do not...why are you here??? I really do not get it. I do not wanna sound like I am being mean or anything, but, I also have a family to support and I came back to MAA because this is my career and I plan on being here as long as U is around. If people are not happy why do they still stay around? I am here to the end, I do not plan on going anywhere. But, there are so many that are completely miserable, but, they continue to hold on. ?????

xoxo said:
I am a MAA f/a and I fly 95 to 100 hours a month. At mainline I also flew the same hours. I have to say that if I was at mainline right now with the paycuts..and I was only flying 71 hours per month, I would start to fly 95 hours. If someone that flies 70 to 80 would just add an extra trip..like a four day or something it would make up for the time. ...
[post="192498"][/post]​

xoxo... Being on reserve you do not have an option. Most of us on reserve can barely break gurantee. This has been going on since the new reserve system has been implemented.

Being a blockholder, you do have the option of flying an extra 4-day if you can pick one up, but no such luck on reserve. We want to work, but can't. As a reserve you end up sitting for 3-4 days without a trip so by the time your off days come up, you're frustrated and you're ready to be off duty. Those of us who commute just wanna get home to our families. It's no fun at all and you have absolutely no way of getting extra time with this new system. :down:

we can all discount the low wages we have been stuck with...but we all must remember that the company would do if we all walked or resigned was to hire 'newbies' at quite the reduced rate..and all they would have to do was provide some type of attractive med bennie package and they would be lining up by the boat load...no matter what labor group they needed.
didn't someone already point out they were looking for CWA people on MONSTER.COM?? :down:

No matter what anyone says, this company will be hard pressed for "newbies" in Res. Unless you work in this dept. you have noooo idea what it is like. First of all there is a large percentage of applicants that don't make the first cut due to background checks and drug tests. Second, a large percentage do not make it through training. Third, even in better times, there were a good many that quit during the first three months on the job. They didn't even make it through the probationary period. Out of a class of 25, maybe 10 would stick around.

The way things are now, guaranteed, not many would stick around for very long. I'm talking weeks...maybe. Most mature seasoned adults just coming into this business would not put up with the crap that goes on here let alone an immature inexperienced teenager. Sure they may come in droves but, the ones that are chosen will just need a small taste of life in Res. and they will leave skid marks on the way out the door.

Ads, interviewing, background checks, drug tests and training cost money of which management says they have none. All that I can say is US better get their website in tip top shape because the website is going to be their only hope.

Baret4 said:
I would like to say to all my colleagues that I have had the pleasure working with these past 16 years, it has been an HONOR! US Airways employees are some of the most talented and seasoned people I have ever worked with. Please go out and tell the job market how good you are and the results might surprise you.

I finally resigned last month to start a new career and I am simply overjoyed at my new opportunities. It was indeed hard leaving a company that I have spent a 16 years of my life with. Everybody at US is like family to me but I felt the time was upon me to move on.

Do not be intimidated. There is life after US. Keep a positive attitude no matter how bad things are. It will take you a long ways. I am rooting for y'all. Life is really is not so bad. Tail Winds!

Respectfully

B4
[post="192491"][/post]​

Good for you Baret4!

It sounds like, for you, you made the right choice. You saw and opportunity and pursued it.

I'm interested to know your opinion for those who stay? There's a survey on this forum asking what people should now do. One has replied claiming employees should remain because they can do more damage to US Airways then draw an unemployment check. What's your thought?

xoxo said:
I am a MAA f/a and I fly 95 to 100 hours a month. At mainline I also flew the same hours. I have to say that if I was at mainline right now with the paycuts..and I was only flying 71 hours per month, I would start to fly 95 hours. If someone that flies 70 to 80 would just add an extra trip..like a four day or something it would make up for the time. Why be a f/a if you don't wanna fly??
[post="192498"][/post]​

xoxo,

Please keep in mind that the LTO Reserve System pretty much prevents any reserve from breaking guarantee. I was on 105, lost that when I went A scale and fell to 95. Then the first pay cut. Then the new reserve system was implemented and I fell to 71 hours. Then the judge ruled that my salary warranted a 21% paycut.

So let's take a look at the backward progression of my career:

105 hours per month = full salary
95 hours per month = first pay cut
71 hours per month = still dealing with first pay cut but have recouped 4%
71 hours per month = second pay cut, 21%

Ummm. Yeah. What a career.

I've been muscled out of my own job. I can't financially stay in this job any longer. And neither can many of coworkers. And yeah, we all wanted to fly but can't. As now we sit and watch the Walmart-ing of commercial aviation careers.
Sad, but that's the reality.

Best to all,
BT

Fact remains some folks here have little choice because in this dog eat dog world

...its a dog eat dog day and i.m wearing Milk Bone Underwear..

FM2436 said:
Good for you Baret4!

It sounds like, for you, you made the right choice. You saw and opportunity and pursued it.

I'm interested to know your opinion for those who stay? There's a survey on this forum asking what people should now do. One has replied claiming employees should remain because they can do more damage to US Airways then draw an unemployment check. What's your thought?
[post="192541"][/post]​
How can there be one correct answer? Some have more/different responsibilities. Some have more/different options. I was in a position to be able to afford some time off and was looking forward to it. But, when a good opportunity appeared I calculated that it was better to take it.

BostonTerrier said:
xoxo,

Please keep in mind that the LTO Reserve System pretty much prevents any reserve from breaking guarantee. I was on 105, lost that when I went A scale and fell to 95. Then the first pay cut. Then the new reserve system was implemented and I fell to 71 hours. Then the judge ruled that my salary warranted a 21% paycut.

So let's take a look at the backward progression of my career:

105 hours per month = full salary
95 hours per month = first pay cut
71 hours per month = still dealing with first pay cut but have recouped 4%
71 hours per month = second pay cut, 21%

Ummm. Yeah. What a career.

I've been muscled out of my own job. I can't financially stay in this job any longer. And neither can many of coworkers. And yeah, we all wanted to fly but can't. As now we sit and watch the Walmart-ing of commercial aviation careers.
Sad, but that's the reality.

Best to all,
BT
[post="192545"][/post]​

BT, please check your PM.

Baret4 said:

Respectfully

B4
[post="192491"][/post]​

Baret4, what you said definitely worked for you! I am so glad another employer saw a great US Airways employee and grabbed ya. Congrats! I think the majority of US Airways employees are selling themselves way short. Get everything in order and start looking to get out of the US Airways abyss. I am still doing it but optimistic that my day will come. Good luck!

Eye

xoxo said:
I am a MAA f/a and I fly 95 to 100 hours a month. At mainline I also flew the same hours. I have to say that if I was at mainline right now with the paycuts..and I was only flying 71 hours per month, I would start to fly 95 hours. If someone that flies 70 to 80 would just add an extra trip..like a four day or something it would make up for the time. Why be a f/a if you don't wanna fly?? I will never understand the " I love to fly" " I love being a flight attendant " and they don't wanna fly over 55 to 60 hours per month. I wanna work and I wanna fly so if the f/a's that are out there that do not...why are you here??? I really do not get it. I do not wanna sound like I am being mean or anything, but, I also have a family to support and I came back to MAA because this is my career and I plan on being here as long as U is around. If people are not happy why do they still stay around? I am here to the end, I do not plan on going anywhere. But, there are so many that are completely miserable, but, they continue to hold on. ?????
[post="192498"][/post]​

XO,

Folks love to fly, fly, fly, however....once in awhile you need to have your feet touch the ground a bit. After all, we weren't born birds... :D