Retiree travel

I see very little respect in the other direction either. It's a two way street folks.
Yes it is a two way street, you just happen to be going only one way,

Some day you may have to change direction and then see how you feel stuck going no where.

And no where have I read anything in this topic saying that retirees have no respect for active employees, as employee group we always looked after each other.

And there is no excuse for an employee not getting to work because a retiree got their seat, it,s called being responsible that you plan your flt so you have plenty of time to report to work.

Commuting is not a new concept.

Again alot of retirees are not that way by choice, and now hold other jobs. They dont have the flexibility to swap days or call another worker to fill in for them when they need to.

Many gave back so much, over the last few years -salary reduction- vacation days- holidays-reduced pensions-reduced medical, and they also spent many days away from family over the years.

There are many issues that they have faced, but losing their boarding priority "which is not a cost issue for the company" is one that is hard to accept.

Hard to accept? What??? All of us have been harmed by this down turn in the industry! Thanks for your service, but the company OWES you nothing. You cashed the checks, used the travel benefits, and now are no longer an active employee. MOVE ON! Those of us still here deserve the perks of being an ACTIVE employee. DP is right on the money with this one...

Thanks for your service, but the company OWES you nothing. You cashed the checks, used the travel benefits, and now are no longer an active employee. MOVE ON!
Take a chill pill. I never said the company owes me anything.

Traditionaly airline employees were an unique work group, it was like an extended family, no matter what airline you worked for. And they always helped each other out. After work all would get together and talk about their day and laugh and have a good time.

Today the fact that you cant even get support or even compasion from your own fellow employees, is sad.

I have MOVED ON but I still have and will continue to have feelings for the people I once worked with and for the people that are still working.

I always have and will continue to support Airways and their employees, but people with attitudes like yours it's gets harder to do.

Flying benefits helps to retain people.

Hey Eric..your right. Years ago we were promised flight benefits just like actives if we just stuck around. So we took the bait and stuck around through good and bad times. Now comes the switch when you retire. The promise means nothing. What a bunch of fools we were actually thinking that someone would honor this promise. And shame to those who took it away.

Do you think retirees having active status for non-revving will cause people to leave in droves. I don't think so. I know new-hires and they all plan to move on after a short stint with this job, passes or no passes.

Chilled... Compassion for your fellow Airways employee? Today's non-rev environment has never been tougher- Rj's, heavy loads, etc. Most of us have had, or will have, base changes. This is the REALITY of the job today. Forgive me if I have very, very, little sympathy for a retiree coming home from Cancun. This is a MUCH different world than any one of us was used to. Again, DP has it right...

I know new-hires and they all plan to move on after a short stint with this job, passes or no passes.

Hmm...what new hires do you know Seatacus? Since there have not been any new hires since the Summer of 2001, please enlighten us with who these new hires are that plan to goof around and waste time with an elaborate hiring process before moving on with their lives yet again.

Yes allegheny37 - it is a two way street. And for as long as I've been around, I have seen very little respect for those junior folks that were furloughed and have been gone for nearly 5 years now, who still so desperately just wish to come back and return to a job they love for even less pay than when they started. Please open your eyes and realize that we have ALL sacrificed for this industry, and some of us are just fighting to return to it, although you would prefer to deny us a benefit that you yourself enjoyed for 36 years.

Dude, US/East has been hiring rampers and mechanics for over a year.

Lets see the company took away their medical insurance terminated their pension plan and then crapped on them by messing with how they travel.

That is just wrong, those people built this company and deserve to be treated better.

Dude, US/East has been hiring rampers and mechanics for over a year.

Lets see the company took away their medical insurance terminated their pension plan and then crapped on them by messing with how they travel.

That is just wrong, those people built this company and deserve to be treated better.
Yes 700 is correct I know for a fact that in LGA all people were called back long ago and now are hiring of the street, and have been doing so for some time.

Please open your eyes and realize that we have ALL sacrificed for this industry, and some of us are just fighting to return to it, although you would prefer to deny us a benefit that you yourself enjoyed for 36 years.

Yes, a benefit of boarding behind those retirees with an earlier DOH for all those years. Now tell us again - what benefit did retirees have that they want to deny you of???

Reminds me of an old joke....

The captain keels over dead half way thru the transcon and the f/o informs the lead F/A, who ask if they can do anything. The f/o says "First, come get this SOB outta MY seat...."

Jim

Yes, a benefit of boarding behind those retirees with an earlier DOH for all those years. Now tell us again - what benefit did retirees have that they want to deny you of???
Jim

Well let's see Jim, how long has US Airways been around? Even before all the subsequent mergers/acquisitions? Logic should tell you that with 36 years of employment, there can't be that many retirees in front of you if the company is barely that old itself.

Yes allegheny37 - depending on what position you are applying for, most people would consider the hiring process of an airline job to be an elaborate process considering the time inviolved: including a lengthy interview process, background check, reference check, fingerprinting, etc...

Latest posts

Back