Why should retired employees board prior to active employees

first-come-first-boarded that is the bickering
First come first board is the biggest slap in the face to those who really came first,the senior ones. :( And what if the senior folks didn't work hard to keep company going despite having a bunch of inept executives. There wouldn't be an airline to fly on.

First come first board is the biggest slap in the face to those who really came first,the senior ones. :( And what if the senior folks didn't work hard to keep company going despite having a bunch of inept executives. There wouldn't be an airline to fly on.

IMHO, I think that the "bickering" stems from the fact that AWA hasn't been around nearly as long as US Airways and all the other airlines that existed and became US Airways. It's tough to be a high seniority employee in a "young" airline and give up the being a high seniority employee........just my thoughts. And no, I am not even a high seniority employee at AWA/US Airways West.

IMHO, I think that the "bickering" stems from the fact that AWA hasn't been around nearly as long as US Airways and all the other airlines that existed and became US Airways. It's tough to be a high seniority employee in a "young" airline and give up the being a high seniority employee........just my thoughts. And no, I am not even a high seniority employee at AWA/US Airways West.
Don't forget, first come, first served works beautifully at AA so it should be an industry standard by golly! At least that's what the newbies report on this board?

Don't forget, first come, first served works beautifully at AA so it should be an industry standard by golly! At least that's what the newbies report on this board?

Agreed........but someone will eventually set a policy and that will be it. Input is being taken by the company.

I have a cousin who works for AA and he isnt thrilled with the first come first served. It sounded like you didnt get put on a connecting flight list until you got to the gate. That sure sucks. You are penialized for being enroute.

Latest posts