Rio ends in September

Josh is praying that there will be a pull down of intl service in CLT just so he can say he told us so....  Very sick person, he wants nother better than to see an US person out of a job, not that his business is doing any better....

Reactions: 3 people
no one here that works that flight with any regularity is shedding any tears over it going away.

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
US rarely bought a used airplane, unlike your deltoid who is always at the boneyard looking for planes to buy, heard they approached the Smithsonian to purchase the Wright Flyer.

And US has a younger fleet than Delta.

US average fleet is 12 years Delta is 16.9 years.

As the DL-NW fleet is merged now, I presume you are basing the average age number for Delta on the combined fleet.  

For a valid comparison, you should be combining the US-AA fleet, which gives a 13 year average age.   AA/US and DL both have retirement plans for the 20+ year old aircraft (e.g. MD80, 767) that will bring both their averages roughly in line with each other anyway.

US fleet ~ 12 years
AA fleet ~ 14 years

700UW said:
US rarely bought a used airplane, unlike your deltoid who is always at the boneyard looking for planes to buy, heard they approached the Smithsonian to purchase the Wright Flyer.

And US has a younger fleet than Delta.

US average fleet is 12 years Delta is 16.9 years.
which has what to do with the topic other than to highlight that DL has a different strategy that clearly is competitive while involving a whole lot less debt?

I'm sure you'll need help to keep track of the lower price that DL spends on fuel compared to other airlines as earnings announces come out but I'll be right here to show you. DAL reports Wednesday.

DL does have a refinery right outside US' largest int'l hub that is pumping out jet fuel at a discount to the market in the NE that will now be supplied with domestic crude oil.

over a thousand rail cars will bring the crude to DL's refinery.

oh, and DL employees will score very healthy profit sharing with DL's announcement. I'm sure we can also count on you to tell us how much profit sharing AA and US employees get.

And that refinery is losing millions.
 and yet its owner managed to pay less for jet fuel considering all fuel related costs including the refinery than any other US airline in the most recent quarter.

I'm with rat, no one who works that flight will shed tears, heck maybe a party is in order.

Harry
you can hope on a flight and head down for a party.... you should get to know a city that has more to offer than just a bunch of heavy bags.

or is there something else that you don't like about the flight.

LD3 said:
Josh is praying that there will be a pull down of intl service in CLT just so he can say he told us so....  Very sick person, he wants nother better than to see an US person out of a job, not that his business is doing any better....

Don't get your panties in a wad.  No one on here is praying that US employees lose their jobs.  (although, praying wouldn't matter either way as DP is running this party)

It simply comes down to the fact that many AA people on here predicted a downsizing/rightsizing of CLT based on knowledge of AA's current hubs, strategic partners and AA's history of mergers.  

While US people here predict growth in CLT based on the simple fact that they are now part of the largest airline in the world.  Actually...I do see where you get this idea.  From the US leadership perspective...size is everything.

So yes, the GIG pull down is exactly the type of market that AA'ers have predicted would be cut.  And, while the addition of the LHR flight might help the US'ers case for the expansion of CLT...it just as easily makes the case for the beginning of the pull-down in direct service to other EU cities...to funnel EU bound passengers to our BA partner.

Reactions: 1 person
Whatever you say.... Read Josh's posts and you will see the crap he is always posting about the company... I believe more people than you think are expecting CLT to be adjusted, but Josh is drooling at the thought...

Reactions: 1 person