Route updates for CLE

7.5 - DTW currently gets about 60% of all TOL traffic...with TOL holding on to around 37-38% and the rest going to CLE, FNT, and CMH. FNT's number are probably higher now since many AirTran faithful still drive up there - as well as other Toledo-based companies, such as AirPath Wireless, that have contracts with them.

CO could do well with maybe 2-3 flights a day to EWR and a couple down to IAH. The O&D figures that are currently avail from the gov't go back to when FL was still in TOL and prior to ATA coming in. Looking at the specific ATA O&D information...cities such as DFW, PIE, FLL, etc have all skyrocketed up from their previous standings. Chicken Taco could probably shed some more light on their loads over at American - but IIRC, Eagle takes a good share of DFW pax out of TOL as well. Probably enough per day to run a couple ERJs down themselves.

Either way...the issue CO is going to have, in my eyes, is the frequency issue - they'll be doing 4 a day at last look...the jet issue...and the lack of any real nonstop service to a top 20 O&D market.

I'm sure CAL realizes the competition they are up against in terms of frequency and equipment; but isn't the Beech amazingly cheap to operate? They used to talk about breaking even on the 4th passenger - and I think they'll attract more than 16 pax a day, no?

As always (since Bethune, anyway), CAL's looking at what's profitable not at market share.

Well in that case...can't we wiggle out a couple flights to MKE, CMH, and - i dunno who else. Always wondered how a Southwest-type network would work in the Northeast/Great Lakes with much smaller equipment. :)

Cle-Sea has been upgraded from a 735 to a 73G, I suspect because of pretty good advanced bookings. And the fact the 73G has inflight entertainment which is nice for longer flights.

Looks like the fourth CLE-LAX nonstop will be put back in the schedule this summer also. No joy at SFO, however.

Yeah CLE-SFO goes to a 733 this summer, but this route rarely goes out full. However it does extremely well with cargo. CLE-SAT advanced bookings are doing very well, maybe that route will be upgraded someday.