Rumor mill turns

Status
Not open for further replies.
My company is laying off 250 people today. HR is walking the halls picking people off like snipers. Whole departments: Decimated! I finally had to shut my door and ignore my phone. I came to this board to eat my lunch and be entertained with some positive, upbeat news (like US's test of the Lumexis system). :lol:

......And I get to read about more layoffs. :rolleyes:

I don't mean to be joyed by someone losing there job... but this is truly very long OVERDUE... she was very under-qualified! I hope this means negot. are FULL steam ahead... maybe more heads rolling after the last CLT crew news? Company tired of the contract stalls on mgmt. behalf and taking names now

Sources say she was walked off the property earlier today. Looks like those management should be wondering "who's next?".

Her picture is still on the website.
If it's true then the score would be even. One VP hired and one fired in the same day.

TEMPE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar. 10, 2009-- US Airways (NYSE: LCC) today announced that Stephen L. Johnson has been named as executive vice president, corporate and general counsel, effective March 16, 2009. In his new role Johnson, 52, will oversee the airline’s Legal, Corporate Real Estate, Labor Relations and Corporate Security functions. He will report to US Airways Chairman and CEO Doug Parker.

i am believing this as true . i just missed a call from phx. i am assuming that's what the call was for .

confirmed .. sherrie shamblin is no longer employed at usairways..i had high respects for her. as i worked closely wit her on some things and i wish her luck on her endeavors .. i am telling you know . things at inflight are going to get alot more interesting .. we had a good ride while it lasted . accountablity is coming to the f/a ranks. those who get away with crap will no longer be able too. i this does not bother me one bit as i do my job. but those wh like to cut corners in service and are lazy will see a change.

yes, it is true, but ALSO someone else took a walk off the plank.

Cleaning house like this usually means something like we're putting lipstick on the pig for the big sale.

Man this company is a trip a minute - and I don't meant flight departures.

yes, it is true, but ALSO someone else took a walk off the plank.

Cleaning house like this usually means something like we're putting lipstick on the pig for the big sale.

Man this company is a trip a minute - and I don't meant flight departures.

who else?!?!

I wonder why she is gone?? Last week or so, it was her husband, Mike Shamblin, who was gone from the ranks. He was a Regional Director for the West stations. Kinda begs the question of if the two dismissals were related or one fueled the other, etc... hmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts