Rumor Or Not?

xoxo

Veteran
Aug 4, 2003
www.usaviation.com
I just heard a rumor..can anyone tell me if it is true? Do MAA flight attendants get requalified on ALL the aircraft and if so, I heard they are able to fly a mainline flight if they are available to fly it and mainline is short F/A's and they get mainline pay? Is this true??? or a rumor?

:shock:

I did hear that upon arrival at Mid training, the F/As are being reissued thier regular MAINLINE Emergency Manual with a new section for the Ejet. I also heard they were told they can jumpseat on US Airways as they are basically requalified for the entire fleet, with the additional Ejet. However, the question and answer section on the AFA website says No, you cannot jumpseat. Whats going on?

Also, does anyone know how many jumpseats there are on the 170? I know its staffed with two F/As, but is there a third open one? If so, can only Mid-qualified F/As occupy it?

If an MAA F/A can work on a mainline plane, for mainline pay, then what really seperates them aside from the additional aircraft qualification? Just the lack of mainline benefits?

Interesting how one minute MAA is new hire, completely seperate, the next its all one happy family depending on the company's desires. We wont give you medical benefits for six months, but by golly if we need you on an Airbus trip, welcome back!!!

The plot continues to thicken....

Has anyone else heard of this? PITbull?

MDA negotiations are fluid and the jumpseat privilege was extended just a few days prior to the 1st class, so the website is a little outdated. Yes, MDA F/A's are qualified on ALL mainline aircraft because the company wants a "smooth follow-through" :rolleyes:
I didn't hear anything about MDA F/A's working mainline flights if scheduling is short. Huuum......how interesting. My understanding is there are 3 jumpseats on the EMB 170.

By the way, the list of class #2 for MAA is available on theHub (who wouldve thought to look there!) as well as the entire US Airways system seniority list, current as of Jan 15th (this includes everyone, active and furloughed). Theres a search feature to find names.

The most junior F/A to go to class on the 15th is 94165, sen # 9032 from the class of 2/28/00. You can figure out how many people are between you by subtracting that sen number from your own.

As best as I can figure, the current class of 28 ranges in seniority of about 200 something people, so figure only 28 plus the first class of 48 equals a ratio of around 80 to 200, less than half... so they are going through the list quickly, at that rate they may go through the mainline list this year (40 planes, 800 positions, about 2000 or so involuntary furloughs).

Wow, so a MAA can fly jumpseat on Mainline, but a Mainline cannot fly jumpseat on MAA as we are not "yet" qualified on this a/c. That is a perk for MAA guys and girls. Also Light Years, on the HuB they do have the entire seniority list although you can not print it out even if you have Acrobat.

Sounds like eventually we will all be in this together Again.. :D

hey, Light Years, you ought to come up with a song for that "Together Again"! :up:

ktflyhome:

I don't know if you were here before the Trump Shuttle integration but you better believe those Shuttle girls were plopped on our jumpseats even though they were not qualified on mainline aircraft. And what about the people that have been in places like BOS or DCA for 20 years...they have never been qualified on the 767 yet they get the J/S. If it's a mainline aircraft under our operating certificate it should be open to all mainline F/A's.

It's good to hear this information. I'm not sure why AFA's website is always lagging. I understand things change daily. However, the company can update the HUB-why can't we update AFAUSAirways?

Anyone have their hands on pic's of the 170's interior yet? The pair have landed in PIT already....right?!?!

Light Years said:
So then wouldnt the opposite be true? If a BOS based FA can jumpseat on a 76, shouldnt a mainliner be able to j/s on a 170?

One quick question....

IF.. A Mainline F/A and an Active MAA F/A are Both wanting the Jumpseat....

Who'll get it..... Should be the MAA... Or are we back to a Seniority Issue ???

One more thing..... I have never been able to Access the HUB successfully and I
figured now it was because of being Furloughed..... Sure would be interesting to see how that has changed...especially because I know a few people that have resigned to go to other carriers... Wonder where I am in the MIX NOW !!!! <_<

USairboyA330, yes I was here for the Trump Shuttle, but I never Jumpseat so I guess I have never paid any attention. Even at that I am qualified on all planes, so I guess I have never been effected by it. Although I have been under the assumption (guess I am wrong) that one could only j/s on planes they were qualifed for.

Here is something to consider also. If the MAA F/A supposedly will be able to fly on mainline j/s', don't they have to be recertified as in Recurrent Training? I would gather those furloughed F/A have not been to Recurrent for awhile and with this recent MAA training, they are only being trained on the 170. Any thoughts???

Colby, I amnot sure about accessing the HUB while being furloughed. Probably not, since they have your ID on file now. Although if you want to pm me I can at least give you the process and see what happens.

ktflyhome:

That's just the kicker!....MDA F/A go through mainline recurrent and are qualified on ALL mainline aircraft. I don't know what the specific jumpseat policy is on being qualified.