Rumors abound......

hpeff

Sep 17, 2002
Tonight in Res there were rumors of something big happening for U on Tues. Between the res offices the general rumor concerned lockouts and Chpt 7. Some res took calls from paxs asking about this. We couldn''t verify news....nothing new there. Anyone out there know anything? Feel like showing your cards?? Thx

I had also heard this rumor so I asked one of the Union Reps if he had any information. His reply was that he had spoke with Union higher ups and also administrative employees and that it was "going to happen".
But then again here it is Tuesday and I just saw a USAirways jet fly over my house.
Go Figure.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/3/2002 3:04:52 AM hpeff wrote:

Between the res offices the general rumor concerned lockouts and Chpt 7.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Thats probably why ALL the Unions have been so quiet lately.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/3/2002 9:31:18 AM repeet wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE]Wait till the Board of Directors meeting is over today, nothing will happen till then.[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]There's a BOD meeting today.....Oh, that's not good.[/P]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/3/2002 8:08:29 AM totobird wrote:

I had also heard this rumor so I asked one of the Union Reps if he had any information. His reply was that he had spoke with Union higher ups and also administrative employees and that it was "going to happen".
But then again here it is Tuesday and I just saw a USAirways jet fly over my house.
Go Figure.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Wait till the Board of Directors meeting is over today, nothing will happen till then.

I don't know. I heard it here:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/29/2002 1:45:13 AM chipmunn wrote:

According to the CWA Siegel told the labor leaders the company wants a labor decision by Monday, December 2 and the board will address US Airways' future on Tuesday, December 3.

Chip
----------------
[/blockquote]

I believe it was a scheduled one, the last one prior to the Dec 9th meeting with the bk court. That is why the ultimatums were given to the labor groups (what were they thinking?) giving them all only a week (actually 5 days, which included the holiday). I don't know if liquidation is the agenda, I guess we'll find out soon enough. I think that it would be a great waste of some serious belt tightening if it were. If it is, I can only surmise that Dr. Bronner got cold feet and needs to get out from under this mis-managed beast of an airline. Whoever said that you can't shrink to profitability was absolutely right. Doesn't matter how cheap the labor is, or tickets are, if you don't go where people want to go. That's the reality of the situation. I think that if the shrinkage had not been so enormous, with the cost structure we have now (or will have, once ALL the cost savings are in place) that we may already have been profitable. Oh well, I guess we'll never know. Maybe we can meet Dave in the unemployment line (he'll be the one with the frilly shirt and bad teeth!).

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/3/2002 10:40:28 AM repeet wrote:
[P]I don't know. I heard it here:[BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 11/29/2002 1:45:13 AM chipmunn wrote: [BR][BR]According to the CWA Siegel told the labor leaders the company wants a labor decision by Monday, December 2 and the board will address US Airways' future on Tuesday, December 3.[BR][BR]Chip[BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR]
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]heard last week ,friday labor coalition conf.call..monday results of that call to big D...today SCHEDULED BOD mtg.