SA1 questio

dash8roa

Senior
Oct 25, 2003
Just wondering what happens when someone with a SA! listing in coach and someone with a SA3 listing in first class finds no seats in first class. Does his SA1 first class listing trump the SA1 in coach because of having paid for a first class upgrade?
I am looking at a flight where the front cabin is showing full and only coach seats remain.

Thanks.

If FC fills up, you are boarded in the back by in order just like any other time. I have found that First tends to fill up a while before coach due to revenue upgrades on the day of departure. The company sends out emails offering them to the FF crowd if there are any open.

Reactions: 1 person
If FC fills up, you are boarded in the back by in order just like any other time. I have found that First tends to fill up a while before coach due to revenue upgrades on the day of departure. The company sends out emails offering them to the FF crowd if there are any open.

It only happened once that their were first class seats open and the gate agent let us have them. If coach is full, do they allow non-revs to take first class seats for free or not?

It only happened once that their were first class seats open and the gate agent let us have them. If coach is full, do they allow non-revs to take first class seats for free or not?

It is not procedure. An were I a nonrev who had prepared and purchased an upgrade, I would not be happy if someone who had not prepare got it for free.

Pretty much a moot point, since it is rare for a seat in first class to be available for a nonrev

It's always best to list for first class and have the upgrade with you. If coach is full, they have to clear the non-revs listed in First Class First, even if you are on a SA3 and and a Coach Non Rev is a SA1, the SA3 would get on first because you were listed in F/C !

Travelers should always list in the class of service (Coach or First Class/Envoy) in which they intend
to fly. Gate procedures dictate that non−revenue passengers are cleared in the order of boarding
priority on the standby list. Non−revs listed in First Class or Envoy can be cleared a Coach seat if
First Class or Envoy is not available, but non−revenue passengers listed in Coach cannot be cleared
in First Class or Envoy until non−revenue passengers already listed for First Class or Envoy have
been seated, his/her attire meets the dress code for First Class/Envoy, and they have purchased an
upgrade. Gate agents should not be asked or expected to clear non−revs to First Class or Envoy if
the criteria described above is not met.

So a SA1 with a hire date of 90 can't jump a SA3 with a hire date of 85 and an upgrade?

If the SA3 is listed in F/C and the SA1 is listed on Coach and only F/C seats are left, the SA3 would get on First. Most Agents arent even aware of this. My above post quotes the Rule from the Employee Travel Manual which can be found on Wings.

If the SA3 is listed in F/C and the SA1 is listed on Coach and only F/C seats are left, the SA3 would get on First. Most Agents arent even aware of this. My above post quotes the Rule from the Employee Travel Manual which can be found on Wings.

Very interesting...Thanks for the info..

Latest posts