Senior Management To Implement New Travel NON-Rev Policy

ETC has been down for atleast the last 3 hours.

Try that for your 12 hour check in

Patience. Patience. I gather from the posts that you (US) are in the process of switching over to a new non-rev website. From my 20+ years in the computer business, I know that new systems usually need some "bugs" worked out. We always did our best to thoroughly test the system before implementation, but then usually the system specifications were dictated by management, not by the people who would be using the system; so, there are always oopsies to deal with.

Unveiled 4/26....hasn't worked right from day one. Took a system that DID work, altered it, and muffed it up.

And if the system is only web based, suppose you are on a layover without the benefit of a computer and web access? I suspect that not even half of pilots carry a computer with them on trips, and probably less than 20% of flight attendants.

Maybe a couple of years ago this might apply. But I do believe pretty much any hotel that we put our crews up in on layovers has a business center with a computer that has internet access. Amazing is it not?

Maybe a couple of years ago this might apply. But I do believe pretty much any hotel that we put our crews up in on layovers has a business center with a computer that has internet access. Amazing is it not?
If it is up and running amazing how many times it is down

And if the system is only web based, suppose you are on a layover without the benefit of a computer and web access? I suspect that not even half of pilots carry a computer with them on trips, and probably less than 20% of flight attendants.

Oh But Wait!! Don't forget, if you are flying the redeye out of LAX and want to nonrev PHL CLT, all you have to do is call home (on the east coast) and have a family member list you!!!! I'm sure they wont mind waking up to do that for you. It's just soooo convenient!

US-east sense of entitlement is not going to go over well in Tempe. Personally, I feel that first come/first serve is fair to everyone. However, if I was senior (like 40 years at US-east) I would be screaming DOH because what do I care about fairness. This is a me, me, me world and I only care about myself, right?

I think a slow down would be a bad idea. Lets actually threaten things like that for items like pay, longer rest periods, vacation, etc. Not stupid nonrev travel. If AA and WN do FCFS then why the heck can't we?

I must have missed a post....did somebody suggest a slow down or other labor action? That is just out and out assinine.

Both methods of boarding have poitives and negatives, and both sides have very strong feelings for or against each.
This forum permits them to air their opinions. Bottom line though, is their/our opinions on this board don't mean shizzle.

The outcome will not be decided here. With 27 years on the east side, I have mixed emotions about both. What I can see happening though is the entire program being scrapped. The airline does not OWE us free travel, and it can be revoked at any time.

Heck, draw straws at the gate for all I care.
But...don't give commuters ANY special benefit for their life choices over other employees.

I must have missed a post....did somebody suggest a slow down or other labor action? That is just out and out assinine.

Both methods of boarding have poitives and negatives, and both sides have very strong feelings for or against each.
This forum permits them to air their opinions. Bottom line though, is their/our opinions on this board don't mean shizzle.

The outcome will not be decided here. With 27 years on the east side, I have mixed emotions about both. What I can see happening though is the entire program being scrapped. The airline does not OWE us free travel, and it can be revoked at any time.

Heck, draw straws at the gate for all I care.
But...don't give commuters ANY special benefit for their life choices over other employees.

Hula

A while back in the posts it was said there is a rumor on the east that if it goes FCFS then there will be a work slow down.

We shall see, it is going to be ugly but you are right, they could revoke it at anytime or make it worse than either DOH or FCFS

If any group attempts a slow down over this, I for one am in favor of the program being aborted, and those employees being terminated.

Why do AA pilots go my DOH????
SABER has it moments like all computer systems home or business
It's part of the pilots' contract that they go by DOH unlike everyone else. It's kind of funny as the rest of us are boarding seeing them at the gate podium flashing ids to compare hire dates like some kind of weird paper/rock/scissors games.

As I said, yes. Sabre is down sometimes, but not for hours on end; so, if you need to check in for a flight, you just wait awhile and try again. After all, if you can't get on, probably no one else can either.

Geez, where to start?

---deleted for brevity---

As far as a slowdown? Thats an interesting theory, but isn't it like cutting off your nose to spite your face?
Not to mention, Westies have learned the company likes to fire first, and ask questions later.

Well said! It is a new day...this ain't your grandma's US Airways.

FCFS is the better of the two option. Coming from Delta which was based on senority to amwest which is FCFS, FCFS is far better.

As for commuters I am sorry that is your choice. You chose to commute rather than relocate. That does not deserve any special treatment from the company. I dont know how many times I have had a crew member say they can not make it because of weather or oversold flight but if they would have attempted to get an earlier flt or come to base the day before they would have made it with no problem.

When i took this job i knew i had to move 2700 miles. If you think commuting to work is a priority for the company you should just think about leaving because there are plenty of people in this country who will fill these jobs without any hesitation.

Its a new era in the airline industry. Things are not going to be done like the old days anymore so just get over it.

Then you make the argument for Execs to fly FCFS as well space available. Execs are commuters as well and don't deserve any special treatment. I am sure there are thousands of airline Execs that would take their places without hesitation.

New era indeed, and the union should be arguing this issue with Execs. Senior managment should just get over it.

Here's and idea for all you poor commuters who wait until the last possible minute to commute, and then have the audacity to ACAR scheduling because your're flight is due in 20 minutes after check in....

BUY A TICKET!!! No worry's about not gettings on, and maybe you could even find something that gets you there IN TIME for check in.

Just a thought.
No, I don't support commuters getting special boarding priority. EVER

The Execs can afford to buy their tickets. The rank can not.

The Execs should lead by example...now, there's an idea! START BUYING THE DAMN TICKETS TO COMMUTE TO WORK OR WHEN TAKING YOUR FAMILY ON VACATION.

Back