Q: If we are doing all we can to save money, why are people working in
the seat shop, interior shops and paint receiving mechanics pay plus
license premiums, when the rest of twu personnel performing that job is
paid as an osm. I know that was an agreement with the arbitrator and the
IAM and TWU, however other agreements were made as well, that aren't
lived up to.

A: MCI can not begin filling positions with OSMs until all furloughed
personnel have been recalled. Unlike some Base workload predictions that are
reversed due to industry disruptions and changes in our operational forecast, the OSM issue remains as a binding arbitrated agreement with the TWU."

This partial Q&A is from the JetNet MCI Division web site on 02/06/04. Why are OSM classified jobs at one station being compensated differently from another station?

Buck said:
Q: If we are doing all we can to save money, why are people working in
the seat shop, interior shops and paint receiving mechanics pay plus
license premiums, when the rest of twu personnel performing that job is
paid as an osm. I know that was an agreement with the arbitrator and the
IAM and TWU, however other agreements were made as well, that aren't
lived up to.

A: MCI can not begin filling positions with OSMs until all furloughed
personnel have been recalled. Unlike some Base workload predictions that are
reversed due to industry disruptions and changes in our operational forecast, the OSM issue remains as a binding arbitrated agreement with the TWU."

This partial Q&A is from the JetNet MCI Division web site on 02/06/04. Why are OSM classified jobs at one station being compensated differently from another station?
Easy. Two reasons because we have the TWU and because if the guys in MCI saw how the TWU allowed all the shop work to go to OSMs they would fill out AMFA cards.

Hey MCI;

why wait? The OSMs are coming. You thought that once you got old and were no longer fixed to crawl around inside those airplanes that you would have a nice warm shop job to go to until you retired?-Well forget it. It aint going to happen.

We have a thing called "system attrition". So guess what? Even if you are in the shop now you are not safe. Lets say a guy retires out on the dock, well now the system is down one, so they hire an OSM, where do they put him-where you are in the shop-you go out to the dock. Dont believe me? Ask the guys in Tulsa what happened in 95 when they first brought in SRPs. Even if a guy retires in NY it could end up booting you out of the shop.

Fill out the cards-lets get AMFA now. Its a long road back to making this the career it used to be, the sooner we start the better. All mechanics in one union-sounds good right? There is only one way to do that-AMFA.

Dont allow the TWU to use their fear tactics to stop us from doing what mechanics should have done right from the beginning. All mechanics in one union.Thats the way it should have been right from the start.

Ask your leaders why they would not let us speak to you guys after we flew all the way there. Why were they so afraid of what we had to say? Honest people never fear the truth, only the dishonest fear the truth. The same goes for lies.

I believe that it is just a matter of time before we have OSMs at MCI. The more time the better.

Ask your leaders why they would not let us speak to you guys after we flew all the way there. Why were they so afraid of what we had to say? Honest people never fear the truth, only the dishonest fear the truth. The same goes for lies.

You showed up unannounced. You showed up to stir up the membership. You showed up because it was your agenda that you were trying to convey. Had you announced your intentions ahead of time your reception would have been different.
You say that you had our Local President's approval, well he never let anyone know about it and denied giving you approval when he was confronted about it. The next time you want to speak to our membership you should go through the eboard and not the amfa supporters.

mojo13,

That is about as lame as it gets.

How could anyone "stir up the membership" with words unless there is something to be stirred about?

You are getting more and more like a TWU fear mongerer everyday.

Too bad, they have their fear hooks into a man that used to stand up for a cause.

Good Luck with the TWU mojo, and I hope that the fence you seem to ride, doesn't rip a hole in your private area.

Which is accurate, your private or public persona?

B.S. Mojo,

They showed up to give you information and the whole MCI arrogant attitude about how great MCI mechanics are got in the way of the agenda you speak of. That agenda being to bring some equality and some solidarity back to your fellow members. You may have found those that visited MCI to be arrogant, but I believe they are just tired of the way the TWU does business. Bringing all mechanics together under what could be a very powerful entity to deal with. Many times you and many others have been warned of the consequences of the TWU company tactics. No one has any doubt that the former mechanics of TWA are highly skilled or good union men and women, but it is many of you that stand in the way of recreating a united force that the TWU has destroyed. You can state all day long about AMFA at NWA or wherever, but is going to be this membership that controls our own destiny, not just the mechanics somewhere else. By not joining the other mechanics in the industry we are and will become guilty of destroying our profession. Staying with the TWU will only get you more division. And if you are worried about the non-mechanic craft and class, they appear to be doing fine. If they become dissatisfied, they too have access to change.

Informer, I am relaying the way that visit was perceived at the time. Maybe Bob's intentions were different, who knows. But the unannounced visit can only be seen as something less than honorable.

mojo13 said:
Informer, I am relaying the way that visit was perceived at the time. Maybe Bob's intentions were different, who knows. But the unannounced visit can only be seen as something less than honorable.
"Something less than Honorable"

TWU Officers, and supporters can define "less than honorable" better than most:

coffin1.jpg

Bob Owens said:
Ask your leaders why they would not let us speak to you guys after we flew all the way there. Why were they so afraid of what we had to say?

Bob, I have said before on the BB that when the members of our local heard you were here and were refused to talk to any of us, we were upset. No one at our local gave our permission to the E BOARD to speak for us or decide for us, we wanted the right to hear and were denied that right by those that want to think for us.
I will in noway ever vote for AMFA, but what I see in my presentlocal outratges me more than any time I have ever been involved in unions, over 30 years. I have never seen a group that is supposed to work for the membership, take it upon themselves to OUST a President because he didnt fit in teh CLICK, and no matter how many members voted him to office they took it upon themselves to RAILROAD HIM out of office and as of yet, we have not been told of his outcome? Why is it our local, after 8 months now, we still have not had an election to fill the void in our local? We have an UNELECTED PRESIDENT runningour local, and we are 1 officer short of a totol E BOARD?
Bob this is I must say the only problem I see at MCI, In fact, there was a petition signed by over 1200 members asking for the resignation of the entire E BOARD, that patiton was filed 3 days after the presidnet filed his appeal and neither has been head as of yet?
Thsese E BOARD officers took it upon themselves to take away what the membership said, when themembers voted in unamioulsy the president, then they started a negative campaign to slander teh president
I can tell you Bob, that of the members I talked to after you were denied access, those I tlaked to voted NO on concessions

Bob Owens said:
Ask your leaders why they would not let us speak to you guys after we flew all the way there. Why were they so afraid of what we had to say?

Bob, I have said before on the BB that when the members of our local heard you were here and were refused to talk to any of us, we were upset. No one at our local gave our permission to the E BOARD to speak for us or decide for us, we wanted the right to hear and were denied that right by those that want to think for us.
I will in noway ever vote for AMFA, but what I see in my presentlocal outratges me more than any time I have ever been involved in unions, over 30 years. I have never seen a group that is supposed to work for the membership, take it upon themselves to OUST a President because he didnt fit in teh CLICK, and no matter how many members voted him to office they took it upon themselves to RAILROAD HIM out of office and as of yet, we have not been told of his outcome? Why is it our local, after 8 months now, we still have not had an election to fill the void in our local? We have an UNELECTED PRESIDENT runningour local, and we are 1 officer short of a totol E BOARD?
Bob this is I must say the only problem I see at MCI, In fact, there was a petition signed by over 1200 members asking for the resignation of the entire E BOARD, that patiton was filed 3 days after the presidnet filed his appeal and neither has been head as of yet?
Thsese E BOARD officers took it upon themselves to take away what the membership said, when themembers voted in unamioulsy the president, then they started a negative campaign to slander teh president
I can tell you Bob, that of the members I talked to after you were denied access, those I tlaked to voted NO on concessions

Bob, through your own actions you serve your own agenda, you are self-serving and quite obvious about it, and really Buck?
That agenda being to bring some equality and some solidarity back to your fellow members.
Equality and solidarity? Like the equality and solidarity you showed TWAers? Is that the equality and solidarity you so desire now?Speak to any line mechanic of TWA and ask how they are being treated by line AAers even currently. Solidarity? For whom Buck?

And could we see that coofin one more time Dave? Your obvious juvenile tendencies really show at times, you've just about got all the mileage out of that one haven't ya? Can we add FM1 to the coffin Dave? How about UAL engines? How about AMFA in general?

mojo13 said:
I believe that it is just a matter of time before we have OSMs at MCI. The more time the better.

You showed up unannounced. You showed up to stir up the membership. You showed up because it was your agenda that you were trying to convey. Had you announced your intentions ahead of time your reception would have been different.
You say that you had our Local President's approval, well he never let anyone know about it and denied giving you approval when he was confronted about it. The next time you want to speak to our membership you should go through the eboard and not the amfa supporters.
At first we were going to take out an ad like we did in Tulsa but it would have wiped out our Treasury. So chuck called Butch to see if we could go there. I was right there when Chuck called Butch. According to Chuck he said "no problem". So we went.

Stir up the membership? Hardly, we went there with copies of the same ad that we put in the Tulsa paper. We wanted to tell them why we were voting No and why we felt they should too.

I was unaware that Butch was an AMFA supporter and usually its protocall that if the President says OK then its OK. Besides whats the big deal we are all brothers working under the same contract right?

Actually the reception that we got from the members we encountered was very warm. It was the E-board that behaved like frightened children.

Your_Ex-Wife said:
Bob, through your own actions you serve your own agenda, you are self-serving and quite obvious about it, and really Buck? Equality and solidarity? Like the equality and solidarity you showed TWAers? Is that the equality and solidarity you so desire now?Speak to any line mechanic of TWA and ask how they are being treated by line AAers even currently. Solidarity? For whom Buck?

And could we see that coofin one more time Dave? Your obvious juvenile tendencies really show at times, you've just about got all the mileage out of that one haven't ya? Can we add FM1 to the coffin Dave? How about UAL engines? How about AMFA in general?
Self serving? I dont deny that I have an interest in this that is not selfless, but that does not make it wrong. I'm honest and straight forward, unlike yourself. And who do you serve this week? Management, the TWU, the IAM or Steve Connel? Is there really any difference between any of them?

MCI AFL-CIO;

Well if you guys are upset that they removed your President and the E-board did not honor your petition go on hand pay.

Back in 1999 the MIA Local Railroaded the maint rep out of office for not wearing a tie to the E-board meeting. All the mechanics went off check off and refused to pay. Sonny Hall went down to try and smooth things over. The guys said they were not going back, thus Local 561 was born.

If you want action you have to take action. You guys could end up with a screwed up board regardless of what union is in place if you tolerate it. However with AMFA your petition could not be ignored since with AMFA you have the right to recall. Something that only Sonny Hall can do in your case.

By the way why wouldnt you vote for AMFA? What is wrong with the idea of all mechanics in one union?

PS, like I said before, other than a few of the E-Board members, not even all of them, who behaved like frightened children, everyone else we met in MCI was friendly and hospitable.

I was unaware that Butch was an AMFA supporter and usually its protocall that if the President says OK then its OK. Besides whats the big deal we are all brothers working under the same contract right?

I was referring to the people on the floor who knew you were coming ahead of time.

Latest posts