Solidarity

Your_Ex-Wife said:
Bob, through your own actions you serve your own agenda, you are self-serving and quite obvious about it, and really Buck? Equality and solidarity? Like the equality and solidarity you showed TWAers? Is that the equality and solidarity you so desire now?Speak to any line mechanic of TWA and ask how they are being treated by line AAers even currently. Solidarity? For whom Buck?

And could we see that coofin one more time Dave? Your obvious juvenile tendencies really show at times, you've just about got all the mileage out of that one haven't ya? Can we add FM1 to the coffin Dave? How about UAL engines? How about AMFA in general?
Are you referring to the position the TWU members have showed the former TWA mechanics before, during and after the Kasher decision? The equality and solidarity is something I expect you as a real union man to bring to the TWU members. It would appear that you at MCI, know much more about unionism than we could ever conceive. There even may be something to your senior membership and it's experience. But it is a fact that we at American Airlines have neither equality nor solidarity. Line station mechanics have decided at approximately 90% levels that the TWU is not the union for them. When the TWA line mechanics continually support the TWU, I would assume that some differences appear, you would have to ask these line mechanics. If the former TWA mechanic craft and class cannot see where the rest of the industry is heading, then there will be differences. This goes for the base maintenance mechanics of both MCI and TUL also. As I said before there was a non-binding vote at TUL Local 514 to, I guess obtain an opinion of the membership as to their feelings on how you should be treated. Approximately 700 voted to staple you to the bottom. You know the actual results, you ended up with a better deal than the membership wanted you to have. You should thank the IAM and Mr. Kasher for that.

Bob Owens said:
I was right there when Chuck called Butch. According to Chuck he said "no problem". So we went.

Bob, I dont disagree, I cant speak for Butch, But if asked Butch would have been more than happy to let members of another local come here to talk to us. Thats the problem tho, you asked Butch, instead of the E BOARD, see, the E Board members have a problem with Butch,He is more popular than they are, has a way of talkingto other, easy to get along with, and can state his point and be fair. The EBOARD did not like this, in away I guess you could say they are jealous? Butch was voted in by more votes than all E BOARD members together. Butch was instrumental in starting talks with AA and the city of Kansa City to sign a contract on the base, now that that is secure, he gets no mention, but the 1 person who wanted him out, takes all the credit, his name and pictures are in the news with him talking about how good of a relation we the union and the AA managment team has.
I dont know why the International has balked at hearing Butchs appeal or even the petition the membership signed. We are short 1 officer, since the VP who arranged the ousting of BUtch stepped up to Presidnet, the next in line VP stepped up, now we are short, and no election in site?

I was unaware that Butch was an AMFA supporter

Bob, I can state accurately, Butch does not support AMFA. It is true our E BOARD propaganda did put out aletter after ousting Butch, because the memberhsip was upset that they did this without conferring with membership, in that letter they used all kinds of negativity, BUTCH IS PRO AMFA, BUTCH OVERUSED HIS CELL PHONE, BUTCH MET PRIVATELY BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, BUTCH HIRED A SECRETARY WITHOUT NEGOTIATIN HER CONTRACT, BUTCH ALLOWED BAY 12 TO WORK 12 HOURS WITHOUT CONFERING TO THTE E BOARD, the charges go on and on.

It was the E-board that behaved like frightened children

Bob, I do beleive our E BOARD does not want us to hear or know anything unless it comes from them, I was there when our E BOARD VP came to the bays describing what we were to lose on concessions, and when asked a question, he replied foolishly, upsetting membership, there was no reason for him to act that way.

Bob, My views and yours are different in that you support and beleive in AMFA and I beleive inthe way of TWU AFL-CIO, It would be much easier for all of us, if you would stay onour side, you are a talented man and very smart
While I dont condone theaction of our E BOARD, completely, it is not the WHOLE E BOARD that is at fault
To me what they did is act like kids,Grown ups, mature adults dont do this, their answer is, ITS IN THE CONSTITUION, 1 officer eeven went as far to say, ITS A LONG STANDING RULE OF THIS LOCAL, we had beena local less than a year?

Bob, I honestly beleive this could have happened here if we had been AMFA. I dont care what name or initails are glued to the letter head, we will alwyas have an elcetion and the popular vote will always win, not neseccarrily the correct person, but thats the right of membeship to vote,

MCI AFL-CIO;

Well if you guys are upset that they removed your President and the E-board did not honor your petition go on hand pay

Bob this is somehting I wont do. Its ok for others, but not me. To me if and when there is a problem you corect the problem not avoid it. I will stay loyal to my local and to the international, I dont want it to sound as if the complete E BOARD is at fault for clearly they are not. We have afew who beleive in "CLICKS" and BUtch did not fit that group
Its no different than if this had happened in the senate or congress, In all walks of life we will alway have a few bad apples.
I prefer to stay and support the local and interantional, hopefully this will be corrected soon, as soon as someone becomes aware that the members here do not back the existing EBOARD and we need injection from the International to get thru this

By the way why wouldnt you vote for AMFA? What is wrong with the idea of all mechanics in one union

Bob, this is where you and I differ, I beleive in solidairity, containing all memberts of a workforce, no matter what theri occupation might be. We have alot of talented members working stores, fleet and ground service, it is not myplace to judge them for wanting to stay in a lower classification,when they could have moved to mechanic class and made more money, if they are happy thats all that should matter.
I beleive we all need same and fair representation no matter the class or talents.
I also beleive in numbers, not numbers of REPRESENTATIVES at a particular base, can you imagine the headaches for all if we evewr do have 2 or 3 maybe 4 unions involved at teh same base? Have you been involved in this? I HAVE AND ITS NOT FUN
It wil cause more troulbe, more jealousy and yes it will create RATS

Thank you Bob

Latest posts