Stock Clerks

Yes it will end up laying people off.

Not until there is a transition agreement.

Yes it will end up laying people off.

Not until there is a transition agreement.
When is all this supposed to take place?

Is this along the same lines as the Revenue employees? They'll have to move to keep their jobs?

I imagine that this how there aren't any layoffs........positions are open but people choose not to relocate. :unsure:

Thanks Phantom Fixer for your reply. You get the award for the most direct and helpful answer to my honest question. Most everyone else went for each others throat. I thought we got enough of that from the company itself. thanks again, Bob - Clt

No Problem friend...as few things ever mentioned here , can ever be addressed in direct and friendly fashion without it becoming a school yard lesson in Unionism or the merits of mine Vs. yours.

The simple fact of the matter is this. PIT and US as a whole is getting ready to lose a butt-load of very dedicated and talented people because of the multitudes of failed leaders that U East has had for far too many years.

PIT has always been blessed with the home field advantage..and now it looks more and more like that advantage has turned into a curse.

I look to see CLT feel some pain too..as US East Meets US West in a permanent fashion. The next round of pain for some on both sides of the coin is coming , so nobody should be too comfortable regardless of where they are based..or what their classification maybe? , other than the Pilots and F/A's whom commute for the most part anyway.

An assistant to the assistant as far as I can tell. <_<

In our case our lead hangs right in there doing all the work the rest of us do ... side by side when there are enough people but of late he's been taking one of the regular positions. We are often short of the number of clerks we really need. He helps out where and when needed most and insures that things are running smoothly. He never asks anyone to do anything he doesn't already willingly do himself. He insures that procedures are followed correctly especially when someone works our area that isn't normally there. From handing out assignments to attending turnover meetings there are always odd jobs that have to be done to coordinate operations. From tool calibration to fetching tools from spare tools ... from ordering parts for line ac to checking expiration dates on chemicals ... from building balance check parts kits to routine and non-routine Q-check parts our lead does it all. He takes the heat if something goes wrong and stands up to unreasonable requests. He sets the attitude for excellence that we share in our work area and he does it with a smile. Money doesn't buy that. Is it worth an extra dollar an hour? What do you think? Yes, we support the fleet ... You can call us assistants to the mechanics but our lead does more than assist us.

Bob Clt

Anybody can be a lead. All you need is the seniorority.But few people can be a leader.It sounds like you guys have a leader.