TAESL RIF Facts

you just cant change the "juniority system" look their are two ways for unions to discourage layoffs:

1) bump and roll "chaos" in other words pick where your seniority takes you and so on and so forth. causing chaos in the system

2) financially prohibitive. i.e "juniority" the way it is SUPPOSED to work is it cost $12,500 plus $8,500 moving expenses or $21,000 to layoff an employee. the trade off is you displace the junior person in the system. unfortunately the twu is prone to cutting deals and screwing the membership out of the financial incentive.

what will be interesting is if and when we ever see a contract (which i doubt the company and the association want) how the layoffs will go, the bump and roll iam way or the financially discouraging way of the twu. i think how its written will tell how many the of us will remain and how they will get to that number.

all the bitching about the layoffs will be just that bitching. at aa its always been the juniority system thats life in the fast lane. second when they shut the hangar at AFW if you were naive enough to actually believe that taesl would remain open especially with the clowns running it (which are now in dfw)well you were a fool. with the clowns i.e. jj,  the entertainer and the midget marine now in dfw dont look for an improvement in moral or production at dfw any time soon. i fact look for a further decline.

Reactions: 2 people
we have no one to blame but ourselves. we just cant rid ourselves of the twu. so the deals go on.........

funny saw matt "lets cut a deal" lorenzi spending most of the day in the production office with jj......must be looking for a cushy position.

Reactions: 2 people
dfw gen said:
we have no one to blame but ourselves. we just cant rid ourselves of the twu. so the deals go on.........

funny saw matt "lets cut a deal" lorenzi spending most of the day in the production office with jj......must be looking for a cushy position.
This is the real story.  For all those who wouldn't sign cards this is what he have and what will be until you grow a pair and send the TWU and the IAM packing.  It's obvious just by looking at the association deal that they do not care about the membership at all.  They care about their own bottom line.  Get rid of them before they do something else.  A layoff should never be easy on the company.  They should cause so much trouble they don't want to layoff at all.  But the TWU will always help them out because in the end it doesn't matter if it's a 30 year guy losing his job or a 10 year guy.  The dues will be the same.

Reactions: 5 people
OldGuy@AA said:
This is the real story.  For all those who wouldn't sign cards this is what he have and what will be until you grow a pair and send the TWU and the IAM packing.  It's obvious just by looking at the association deal that they do not care about the membership at all.  They care about their own bottom line.  Get rid of them before they do something else.  A layoff should never be easy on the company.  They should cause so much trouble they don't want to layoff at all.  But the TWU will always help them out because in the end it doesn't matter if it's a 30 year guy losing his job or a 10 year guy.  The dues will be the same.

Well said

Reactions: 1 person
Does anyone know where I can find the information about TAESL layoffs? Info on, where the mechs went to, how many took retirement, took layoffs. Not sure why this info is a big secret. Unless there is something to hide.

thank you

bigjets said:
Does anyone know where I can find the information about TAESL layoffs? Info on, where the mechs went to, how many took retirement, took layoffs. Not sure why this info is a big secret. Unless there is something to hide.

thank you
Good luck with that.

bigjets said:

thank you
The closest you are going to get is to look at the DWH transfer list. Many displaced Taesl people on there.

Latest posts