TDY to DCA for feb

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
the company is offering temporary tdy for the month of feb from phl to dca. i called sched they said it was approx for 33 positions. any takers? i put in for it. why not . you get a free hotel and get paid 80 hrs if you don't fly which i think you will fly in dca. it's something different.

WOW nice little gig. My friend is a LODO and was told he could not do TDY to another base. You are fenced off as a lodo the company has told people. I am still looking in the contract for that. I do see you can't have VAC in the TDY period at all. If disqualifies you. Well, most Reserves have nothing but vacation in February.
If you are a LODO I would question that information. I have been sitting here reading and unless they can find it in black and white there is nothing to say you can't be awarded it.

I flew with someone I hadn't seen in twenty years who is on TDY from PIT. It was funny because he was really senior when I was a new hire. He's having a good time and getting lots of money for sitting OPR most of the time. I'd do it!

all my vaca is in jan . and yes that is true if you are a lodo you cannot participate in tdy. i tried back when they did tdy to lax and i could not do it because i was a spanish lodo in pit back in 97 .

etops- am I missing it in the contract? you know staring at this thing sometimes you miss one little word but I don't see it. And my motto is. If you can't point to it....question it.

etops- am I missing it in the contract? you know staring at this thing sometimes you miss one little word but I don't see it. And my motto is. If you can't point to it....question it.
oh i hear you brother. i am going to look right now.

I am reserving judgment on this one. I looked in the LODO section and TDY. Nothing under "Limits to Award and Assignment" speaks to LODOS. Also nothing in the LODO section I can see. If you are a LODO wanting TDY I suggest you call AFA 70 and see what the deal is. A grievance may need to be filed.

I am reserving judgment on this one. I looked in the LODO section and TDY. Nothing under "Limits to Award and Assignment" speaks to LODOS. Also nothing in the LODO section I can see. If you are a LODO wanting TDY I suggest you call AFA 70 and see what the deal is. A grievance may need to be filed.
yeah . i was looking at that too. i see nothing that sais that lodos cannot participate in tdy.

K. Temporary Duty Assignment (TDY)
1. Determination and Duration of Temporary Duty 56
7 If the Company determines that additional reserves are required to meet the
8 flying requirements in a domicile, the Company will announce such
9 temporary duty vacancies for bid/assignment among reserves at other
10 domiciles where the Company has determined that reserves are available to
11 cover such temporary duty. Such TDY vacancies may be for a duration of
12 one (1) week, two (2) weeks or a full bid month. One (1) week or two (2)
13 week TDY may be offered/assigned whenever needed.
11-21
2. Limits to Award/Assignment 12
a. Temporary duty vacancies will be for reserve positions only. 34
5 b. Such vacancies will be available for bid by reserves only and
will be awarded in accordance with Section 16 (Seniority). 67
8 c. In the event of insufficient bidders, temporary duty may be
9 assigned in inverse seniority order to reserves from the domicile designated
10 by the Company in accordance with Section 16 (Seniority), except that no
11 reserve may be assigned to temporary duty for:
13 (1) Two (2) consecutive months.
15 (2) More than two (2) months in any twelve (12) consecutive
16 months.
18 d. As an exception to Paragraph c. (2) above, when all
19 reserves have been assigned TDY on two (2) occasions in any twelve (12)
20 consecutive months and when operational needs require additional one (1)
21 week, two (2) week or full bid month TDY assignments, the Company may
22 reassign such reserves in inverse order of seniority.
24 e. A reserve with a vacation period that overlaps a TDY period
25 may not be awarded TDY nor assigned to TDY during such period.
27 3. A reserve awarded/assigned to temporary duty will receive
28 allowances as follows:
30 a. Acceptable hotel facilities for the duration of his/her
31 temporary duty.
33 b. Meal expenses for the TDY period commencing one (1:00)
34 hour prior to departing from his/her home domicile and continuing until
35 fifteen :)15) minutes after arrival at his/her domicile

Hummm...

Enjoy it while you can.

Just an observation but TDY has never meant good things for the base that supplies the people.

This may only be over staffing until summer.

Let's hope so.

WOW nice little gig. My friend is a LODO and was told he could not do TDY to another base. You are fenced off as a lodo the company has told people. I am still looking in the contract for that. I do see you can't have VAC in the TDY period at all. If disqualifies you. Well, most Reserves have nothing but vacation in February.
If you are a LODO I would question that information. I have been sitting here reading and unless they can find it in black and white there is nothing to say you can't be awarded it.
What has the union said about lodo not being able to fly?

this is what i was told by someone very knowledgable in union issues:

The LOD/O section of the contract says:rs. E. d.Separate reserve lines for LOD/O reserve coverage will be
42 created in accordance with the Agreement. A non-high option group
43 LOD/O reserve shall be required to fulfill his/her monthly reserve
44 obligation with LOD/O flying.
A LOD/O reserve in the high option group
13 - 4
1 may utilize LODO/O or non-LOD/O trips to acquire the additional flying
time between his/her reserve hours and 100-105 hours.

That is why LOD/O's cannot TDY, unless it is a LOD/O TDY like they had in CLT awhile back.

The devil is in the details. To be frank, I could totally understand why a LODO would be excluded from TDY. It would only make sense. However, unless it's spelled out A-B-C I say you have the right. Reading this OK, "non high option" means 85 hours. What about the 105 option LODO's? I certainly wish I were gifted with a fluent language as it really provides a little protection again how bad things are. But hey.....Rosetta Stone keeps telling me my inflection is correct. Well, it's comparing my French to a native French speaking WOMAN! I asked my friend to try to match it and made me feel better She could not do it either and she is FLUENT. Damned this program!

Latest posts