MERGER MANIA CONTINUES (MERGED TOPICS)

There will be no merger talks looming with Usairways until the votes are cast for the EN union election. US cannot make any moves until then. EN plays a pivotal role in any mergers seen and unforseen. You can take that to the bank. Its like a chess game, a waiting game

DEX

EN is a subsidiary it has no bearing on a merger, a union vote at EN wont stop a thing. A few Dash 8s that can be disposed of easily.

There will be no merger talks looming with Usairways until the votes are cast for the EN union election. US cannot make any moves until then. EN plays a pivotal role in any mergers seen and unforseen. You can take that to the bank. Its like a chess game, a waiting game

DEX
..Who is EN?

Henson is Piedmont now
Yes, but the EN designator goes back to the Henson days and was chosen for hENson. I guess I should have assumed that anyone who didn't know who EN is wouldn't know that it's now Piedmont, though.

Jim

AA won't purposely try to slide into BK because they know US would buy them. Unlike Delta, I don't think they would be able to convince their creditors that a standalone operation would be more profitable than a merger with US. They would emerge as a distant 3rd player.

I seem to recall the Clinton administration putting a stop to an APA strike after all of five minutes...
True, but APA did very little to support Clinton. Larger unions like ALPA, Teamsters, and other is a different story. But now that you mention it, USAPA spends very little if anything on democratic campaigns, so perhaps a PEB is more likely than if US pilots were ALPA.

True, but APA did very little to support Clinton. Larger unions like ALPA, Teamsters, and other is a different story. But now that you mention it, USAPA spends very little if anything on democratic campaigns, so perhaps a PEB is more likely than if US pilots were ALPA.

Politicians are purely opportunists. There are only 144,600 ATPs (The last time I looked) in the USA. There are 150 million+ voters who would be inconvenienced by any potential strike. Who do you think any politician is going to side with; regardless of campaign bribes?

Politicians are purely opportunists. There are only 144,600 ATPs (The last time I looked) in the USA. There are 150 million+ voters who would be inconvenienced by any potential strike. Who do you think any politician is going to side with; regardless of campaign bribes?

I believe you got it right.

A big US Airline striking will invite White House intervention, no matter who they pay dues to. Spirit Airlines wasn't big enough to cause a major disruption to air commerce, American was, and that is why Clinton stopped the strike from happening.

So basically your ONLY option of striking isn't available? Whats left? Everyone call off? I mean really. :rolleyes: It's not like anyone really wants to strike but at times it's the only way to wake your management up.

Reactions: 1 person
Folks,

This thread is about the possibility of US staying on its own or merging. It is NOT a labor thread, and NOT about strikes or other labor actions beyond the context of such a merger or acquisition.

Please stay on topic. Any off topic posts with no direct relation to the topic at hand from here on will be removed.

Thank you.

Oh for the LUV of WN! The US crowd are crying 'merger' wolf again. Since that soon to be 6 year merger went sooo well! :rolleyes:

My guess for a reality merger partner for US is Delta!Lately DL and US have been strange bedfellows! B)
Slot swaps, WN targets, etc., plus regardless what one thinks, the two airlines seem to feed off each other, directly or indirectly!

I don't think overlapping routes matter when you become the biggest airline again.

My guess is that Delta will pull a Doug Parker. attempt a hostile take-over :unsure: But unlike Doug, Delta will succeed :p

Don't even put B6 in your merger equation, because most of NY knows it's a bluff!
My money is still on a B6/WN merger :D