MERGER MANIA CONTINUES (MERGED TOPICS)

I dont know if DL would make a run for US but I also cannot see AA standing by idle in a distant third spot either. I believe that WN/FL merger is good for US but it also puts pressure on AA B6 US and Frontier etc so its going to be interesting to see what happens during the next couple yrs.

Walking out of the airport last night a pilot for AA said, "What airline are you guys?" We said US and he said, "Yeah there is a lot of rumor that we're gonna buy you guys". I just looked and rolled my eyes knowing that ANYTHING is possible but pleeeeeeeeease. US to me is a joke of an airline when it comes to how it's run and other carriers are lightyears ahead of us in most areas of business. US has great profits...cough, cough due to what? Moving along, I looked at him and rolled my eyes and said, fix your mess and we'll fix ours. mmmmmk. :rolleyes:

It seems odd to me that a pilot didn't recognize the uniform or the brass! He was probably dissing you. When he inquired about what airline you represent, you should have told him to ask his captain! :lol:

When he said that AA was going to buy you, you should have said that you will still be called US Airways.

I agree that US is a joke and that's why your mess has never been fixed :p

Reactions: 1 person
I dont know if DL would make a run for US but I also cannot see AA standing by idle in a distant third spot either. I believe that WN/FL merger is good for US but it also puts pressure on AA B6 US and Frontier etc so its going to be interesting to see what happens during the next couple yrs.

First, love your Disney theme. I said US should merge with Disney because of the M-O-U-S-Air theme!

But seriously, AA seems to not be in any hurry to jump on the merger wagon. Unlike the merger frenzy crowd, AA is just watching and waiting for an opportune moment, watching from the sidelines B) !

It seems odd to me that a pilot didn't recognize the uniform or the brass! He was probably dissing you. When he inquired about what airline you represent, you should have told him to ask his captain! :lol:

When he said that AA was going to buy you, you should have said that you will still be called US Airways.

I agree that US is a joke and that's why your mess has never been fixed :p

I was in a good mood so I went easy on him. I wanted to say, "First of all lose weight and lay off the bucket of chicken'. Then I should have told him how bad his Thom Mccan shoes were'. :lol: You can buy an airline but you CAN'T buy style. :p gagging

I was in a good mood so I went easy on him. I wanted to say, "First of all lose weight and lay off the bucket of chicken'. Then I should have told him how bad his Thom Mccan shoes were'. :lol: You can buy an airline but you CAN'T buy style. :p gagging

:lol: Represent that Swoosh, gurl.

thank you I always though mickey mouse would run USAIRWAYS better than Tempe running US!!! I think youre right about AA sitting on the sidelines watching, question should be how much longer til other carriers such as AA US B6 Frontier and AS start feeling the pinch

Ouch! Thom Mccan - you really went old school on him.

I don't think AA feels the need to merge and the talk of their being a distant 3rd as a reason they must merge makes little sense.AA and US are two very different carriers.AA with 120 wide bodies,US with 26,AA with 124 757's,US with 23 and AA with 620 mainline a/c,US with 342.AA has global reach,good domestic coverage and the one world alliance with ba at heathrow,and jal in the far east.
US has been pulling rabbits out of its hat through 2 bk's, mortgaging most of its assets,and managing to convince investors better days are coming.If the demand for flying continues to improve,and fuel stays stable,they might hang on for a while.Soon they will have to deal with the aging piedmont fleet.Parts for the 100's which are not in production are getting hard to come by and some are reaching their cycle limits.

This might be a good thing as it will allow them to drop small airports that cannot fill a 50 seat rj.If the economy further sours,all bets are off as to the future of US.

I don't think AA feels the need to merge and the talk of their being a distant 3rd as a reason they must merge makes little sense.AA and US are two very different carriers.AA with 120 wide bodies,US with 26,AA with 124 757's,US with 23 and AA with 620 mainline a/c,US with 342.AA has global reach,good domestic coverage and the one world alliance with ba at heathrow,and jal in the far east.
US has been pulling rabbits out of its hat through 2 bk's, mortgaging most of its assets,and managing to convince investors better days are coming.If the demand for flying continues to improve,and fuel stays stable,they might hang on for a while.Soon they will have to deal with the aging piedmont fleet.Parts for the 100's which are not in production are getting hard to come by and some are reaching their cycle limits.

This might be a good thing as it will allow them to drop small airports that cannot fill a 50 seat rj.If the economy further sours,all bets are off as to the future of US.

If you stand on the top of inactive Mt. Kilimanjaro daily and faithfully yell that an eruption is a comin' you may eventually, through the passage of time get your volcanic eruption. But until then, you're just blowing in the wind. Despite all of your musings about our past, we're still here. And btw American is hocked to the gills.

It seems to always come back to United.

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/story/10899137/1/us-airways-shares-lead-airline-stocks.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

I'll say one thing - some of these analysts love to hear themselves talk even if it doesn't make sense.

"You could make a case that if they stay in the Star Alliance, and three years down the road Continental is fully integrated, then United could decide to do a deal," Derchin said. He added that a merger with Delta would likely run afoul of antitrust regulators, since Atlanta and Charlotte are the only two Southeast hubs.

So CLT and ATL, 226 miles apart along I85, would be a huge hurdle but IAD, DCA, PHL, EWR, and LGA, all within a 229 mile stretch along I95, wouldn't cause a ripple with the regulators. Wonder what he's smoking...

Jim

I'll say one thing - some of these analysts love to hear themselves talk even if it doesn't make sense.

So CLT and ATL, 226 miles apart along I85, would be a huge hurdle but IAD, DCA, PHL, EWR, and LGA, all within a 229 mile stretch along I95, wouldn't cause a ripple with the regulators. Wonder what he's smoking...

Jim
American Airlines is the rumor of the week. We made a profit and now is the best time to pretty up for a merger or sell us piece by piece.

DEX

"
That quote made my morning TravelPro72...for obvious reasons! Thank You!

I have discussed this before the perfect fit for US is a merger with Hawaiian Airlines.....same widebody Aircraft 767 and Brand New A330's They are expanding to the Pacific rapidly...

We need to move to this market and we need the widebody equipment NOW......

http://www.staradvertiser.com/business/businessnews/20101114_Hawaiian_Air_going_global.html

Latest posts