Teamster contempt for A&P's

Joshie, full of lies again huh?

And Canale and Depace are no longer in leadership positions and havent been in years.

Keep trying.

Randy Canale encouraging concessions from the membership:

To: DL 141 IAM Members Employed by United Airlines

Dear Sisters and Brothers:

The decision by members of District 141 to take part in an emergency recovery program at United Airlines shows the majority of Ramp & Stores, Public Contact, Security and Food Service employees clearly understand the dire circumstances facing United Airlines.

In short, our members “get it.” As I have said on a number of occasions, the current plight of UAL is certainly not of the employees making, but it will certainly take a collective effort from every United employee to keep this airline out of bankruptcy.

It is unfortunate that some members at United still question the need for participation in a recovery program. At this stage, the alternatives are so undeniably worse; I question the motives and judgment behind such a decision.

Of course, United’s troubles cannot be blamed exclusively on the economy or 9-11. Mistakes by past management are a factor as well. It is important to note significant change in United’s top management. We have unburdened this company from CEOs Goodwin and Creighton, President Rono Dutta, and Vice Presidents Aroucca, Studdert and Hobgood. More changes are needed and can be expected.

The new CEO, Glenn Tilton, has already made noteworthy changes and continues to recruit a new management team to turn this airline around. He has honored his pledge to do everything possible to keep this airline out of bankruptcy. But we have to give him the tools and support he needs to help protect our futures.

Some members have questioned why we should make such an effort to avoid bankruptcy. The answer lies in the difference between agreements modified voluntarily by members themselves or involuntarily by a bankruptcy judge.

If in spite of our best efforts United Airlines does need to file for bankruptcy, we have negotiated provisions in the agreements (1113 and 1114 letters) designed to protect our members and their contracts in bankruptcy court.

In the pending recovery plan, the IAM preserved your company-paid medical, dental and life insurance benefits. These benefits were won in decades of negotiations and are among the best in the country. A bankruptcy court judge can remove them all.

Also at risk are wage rates, paid sick leave and occupational injury leave, paid holidays, overtime by-pass, work rules, grievance procedures, seniority rights, overtime pay, travel benefits, paid uniforms, cleaning, pensions and severance pay. Simply put, every benefit we currently enjoy can be lost at the stroke of a judge’s pen.

If the misinformed individuals suggesting otherwise were such experts in bankruptcy law, they would be practicing law in a courtroom, not in a lunchroom. The IAM takes its responsibilities very seriously and we retained the very best financial and legal advisors possible. The threat to your contract and your future is real and immediate, and anyone telling you otherwise is only trying to advance their own agenda.

I know many of our members voted “no” in anger because they were facing layoffs. Despite the fact that our current job security provisions were retained in the Agreement, I can tell you in all candor that achieving additional job security just was not possible.

There are huge changes occurring in the airline industry. United and its employees are not immune. Our best hope for job security is a healthy, profitable, growing airline and the recovery plan is designed to move us in that direction.

United management will be meeting with District 141-M on Sunday, December 1, 2002. It has been reported in the press that United’s goals and financial targets have not changed. They still need the same cost savings from the Mechanic & Related employees to avoid bankruptcy.

I sincerely and truly hope that our co-workers in maintenance find a way to join the rest of United’s employees in the effort to save our airline, our contracts and our families’ futures. There is no positive alternative to the equality of sacrifice that is required of us all.

Time is truly of the essence. As your representative on the UAL Board of Directors, I have been advised a Board meeting will take place Monday morning, December 2, 2002. The purpose is to finalize our ATSB application or decide if we must file a petition under Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. Additional meetings of the Board have been scheduled during the course of the coming week.

I must again thank the UAL membership of District 141 for their unbelievable support and solidarity. You recognized the urgency of our situation, and acted admirably. With the help of your District Officers, I will continue to do all I can on your behalf and for all IAM Members and employees of United Airlines.

In Solidarity,

S.R. (Randy) Canale
President
IAM District 141

Josh

They were in Chapter 11, dont you get it?

They either negotiate and take concessions or have it forced upon them.

You are truly clueless.

And by the way the ibt at CO violated their own agreement and forced concession on its mechanics after the Flight Attendants, represented by the IAM voted theirs down.

In 2005 Continental Airlines was in concessionary contract negotiations with all its unions. During the Teamsters mechanic contract negotiations the IBT entered into a stipulation agreement that mechanics would enter into a concessionary agreement only if all other unions also accepted contract concessions. The mechanics ratified the contract with this condition in place for protection. If any union refused concessions the IBT mechanics concessionary agreement would be null and void.

During negotiations the IAM Continental flight attendants refused to grant concessions to Continental management.

The IBT mechanic negotiating committee was betrayed and discovered only after ratification that Teamster union leadership had forced concessions on the mechanics in violation of their written Tentative Agreement.

IBT Chief Steward and Negotiator – Writes an email blasting the Teamsters union leadership for betraying the Continental mechanics and the negotiating committee.

IBT Airline Division Coordinator Don Triechler along with IBT legal council violated the written agreement and forced the Continental Teamster mechanics to accept concessions and then he pleads with the Continental membership for understanding.

http://www.mechanicsforchange.com/bp_04_continental_mechanics.shtml

Reactions: 1 person