Teddy And Jerry

Well all I can say is THANK GOD for Teddy. That woman has put up such a fight for all of US! and in the mean time saved us from getting sold up the river. I have always tried to find a happy medium too with the company and some of the stuff that has gone on but everyone has their spot and finally one HOT miserable night in June they found that spot with me and I did something I never thought I would have to do---"CALL THE UNION" Teddy answered (at 1am) and I'm not really too sure what happened after that but the next morning my whole crew received a phone call from Bruce Ashby apologizing for everything that had happened. Of course there are those that have had nothing but bad to say about her but it doesn't matter, that woman has some sort of power and deserves better than what she has been handed recently!!

Changing corporate America's employee abuse by speeches sounds nice. When the law is signed and stamped by Congress only then will I become a believer. I seriously doubt anything will ever happen. Airline employees are just the latest victims going back to big steel of the 70's and all the retired senior citizens pensions stolen making them work at age 87 to "help" pay for their prescriptions while corporate America is even trying to stop the cost saving practice of buying cheaper meds from Canada. There are a hell of a lot of wrongs in this world and airline employees sure don’t rank at the top for congressional attention. The beat goes on and on and on. Want to become rich, become one of them, otherwise it's called pipe dreams.

Curt,

Teddy is not capable of changing the realities that the ruling elitists have created.....just trying to raise public awareness and hope to change public opinion. They are just now starting to gather the "dots", pretty soon, they will be connecting them.

Some of the laws have changed for Bk filings this October; not quite on Labor's end yet, but definitely shifting.

I think the first gauge of public opinion shifting will be at the polls in 2006. I believe the Republicans will lose some seats in the Senate and maybe the House too. :up:

I am not saying this all has to do with the airline industry and labor; has more to do with negative sentiment towards the present administration with how they handled the Gulf Coast catastrophe and the Iraq war along with the American workers having their jobs eliminated and off shore. Even Walmart is taking a public beating...LOL...

The retired citizens always vote, but the youth do not. There needs to be a major drive by the political activists to get them not only to register, but to vote.

I wish I could have been there too. I don't think Teddy realizes what an inspiration of courage and integrity she has been to many, including myself.

Teddy has been the most fabulous person I have ever met in my career at USAirways, and probably ever will. I definitely hate to see her go but wish her only the best in whatever she does in the future. AFA USAIRWAYS should build a shrine to her and pray they can copy her abilities as AFA officers, members.

I stand by my statement, when the ink dries then I will believe it. Grouping together the HOT button issues of the day and jumping on the bandwagon of fabricated ideologies by the media isn't the answer. Awareness, people are as aware as buying food for their families, they have become desensitized going back to Vietnam and the daily killings seen on TV.

Sally Fields portraying Norma Rae Webster made her richer than she already is, and look at the working class today. I commend Teddy for her fiery passion, but she will never change the world such as it IS......pipe dreams are good for those among us that need them to get thru the day, to each their own.

PS: Wal*Mart’s parking spaces are still very much filled as all the immigrants fill their stores, immigrants who don’t care about “ourâ€￾ woes. They will soon have the majority vote the way things are going.

Oh that Teddy! She's such a card! She's a media w e, who has never had anything
good about the company. She gets complaing and negotiating confused.
Dont forget a sellout. She also loves feeding the young to the wolves so she can protect her senior (citizens)

Dont forget a sellout. She also loves feeding the young to the wolves so she can protect her senior (citizens)

If you were furloughed from any other airline you would be doing alot worse. Never-ending recall, travel bennies on furlough, voluntaries, etc. Teddy cannot help the way her members vote, but she has your interests at heart as well.

psa,

I think a hx lesson is in order ...

The only furloughs that have been involuntary are the 1,700 status post 9/11. The company needed about 4,000 to leave and 2,100 fa/s volunteered to go out on the VF programs. Therefore 1,700 were involuntarily furloughed.

Since that time...THERE HAVE BEEN NO INVOLUNTARY FURLOUGHS FROM OUR RANKS. Its the senior folks who have either retired, resigned, or have taken one of the VF programs AFA negotiated to keep a junior work force.

The Voluntary furlough programs not only help save the company millions of dollars, but allows for everyone to take turns being furloughed in order to keep those who need to stay ...employed.

Your union leadership was busy trying to be creative to lessen the impact on the work force. Management and the BOD chose to throw the company into bk twice to keep squeezing more from labor. And, they were compensated heavily upon their exist by doing so.

Changing corporate America's employee abuse by speeches sounds nice. When the law is signed and stamped by Congress only then will I become a believer. I seriously doubt anything will ever happen. Airline employees are just the latest victims going back to big steel of the 70's and all the retired senior citizens pensions stolen making them work at age 87 to "help" pay for their prescriptions while corporate America is even trying to stop the cost saving practice of buying cheaper meds from Canada. There are a hell of a lot of wrongs in this world and airline employees sure don’t rank at the top for congressional attention. The beat goes on and on and on. Want to become rich, become one of them, otherwise it's called pipe dreams.
Have another Christmas style “melt downâ€￾ and the US Government will get involved and something will happen. If you have a “melt downâ€￾ at Costco I don’t think the US Government would get involved. The airline business is always on the radar screen. The airline business attracts a lot of different people. It is a different animal Airline employees can make a difference

Having Teddy represent US/East during her reign was probably the only time I felt comfortable with the Union taking a stand against what was a Totalitarian/Egocentric thieving Band of Gypsies that had no business running the airline. Rarely will you find an elected official so dedicated to a cause and SO accessible to the people that put her there. I personally hate to see her leave........she can hold her HEAD HIGH (something the former management could NEVER do). I am certain there is SO MUCH more that went on in dealing with those bumbling idiots that the general masses will never know- it's a shame Teddy came into Office when the industry started to tank and she had continuous battles to defend on a DAILY basis. Regardless of where YOU are based and whatever YOUR seniority IS we owe a "Passionate Fighter" thanks for never LEAVING THE BOXING RING of CONFRONTATION......it could have been worse!

I would imagine after her performance in Las Vegas Teddy will be able to replace her income from LCC and then some just by doing some speaking engagements and some consulting. Either way she has stepped up to the plate and represented those she was elected to represent in the finest way she could despite having the corporate deck stacked against her. She served well and LCC will rue the way they treated her and thanked her for what she gave to them and the AFA.

There is a grass roots underlying movement beginning to take shape in this country. More and more Americans are getting tired of the gamesmanship and bullcrap our elected politicians from both parties engage in everyday. The union leadership at the national level falls right in line behind these politico's in their lack of honesty, integrity and trustworthiness and will have no safety net to fall back on when the entire thing turns south from a public opinion standpoint. What comes out of this will shape the future of this country. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later before it's too late.