Thanks From Local 514

I usually like to wait for CIO to say that AMFA is losing or that the TWU is winning before I post the card count but I can't wait so here it is.

8661 Total Signed Election Authorization Cards by Station and Title Group:
Updated, Monday January 19, 2004 at 11:50:45 PM. Our goal is to obtain 60% of the Craft and Class of
Mechanic and Related, and at this time, our estimate of that number, with 'elbow room' is approximately 9,634 cards.
Using that number, at this time, we are about 90.0% to our goal, or approximately 54.0% of our Craft and Class. Good job so far, and let's
REDOUBLE our efforts and GET THIS DONE! :jerry: :jerry:

ok so i'm a cheerleader :lol: :lol:

one thing we all know for sure at this point a vote is Immanent. :shock:

Lets call for a vote!!!! How about tomorrow? Everyday you wait means more cards are expiring, from the talk on the floor is the daily drop off rate increases as mid February gets closer.

The vote will be called on March 15 as that is when the drive started it will not be called untill then, you can wait that long can't you CIO ?

That is not very long from now, we have been telling you since day 1 that was when we would call for an election when will you get the message. :lol:

CIO, you can rest assured the first 5,000 that expire will be the easiest to resign if need be. But I'm sure it won't be necessary.

Hey CIO, since you like the-mechanic.com websight, here's one for ya. Is this what criteria the TWU uses to judge someone as "a good union man"?

Received: 01/20/04 09:46:32 EST
Name: Alan M. Ward
E-Mail:
Employer: X-UAL
Well,well. I thought I had heard the last from Mr.Brian Conners. However, the IAM cultist spewage you poor AA guys are hearing from him really doesn't surprise me. I'd just like to add to this discussion a little item about Mr. Brian Conners so that you AA folks are aware whay kind of person you folks are listening to.

In my opinion, Mr. Conners has no concept of democracy. I have personally witnessed his anti-democracy tactics: During a runoff election for IAM Local Lodge 2294 Vice President, in which his friend (and IAM cultist)Dominic Gulley was running, I saw, through a breakroom door window, Mr. Conners WITH Mr. Gulley, deface two campaign flyers for an oposition candidate, that were attached to a bullitin board, then laughing about it. I then entered the room, took one of the defaced flyers from the BB, confirmed what it was, and challenged what they were doing. Embarassed, they denied what I had just witnessed. Mind you, at the time Mr. Conners was LL 2294 secratary, whose responsibility was it to see that elections are upheld to the highest standards of democracy! TM, you may recall the incident as I had posted the episode here on this BB.
Yes, I do recall the incident. - TM

In any case, keep in mind that were several contract provisions that were to prevent UAL from closing the maintenance bases and laying off mechanics. IAM did absolutely nothing to enforce those contract articles and LOAs. UAL and IAM worked in unison to sell us all out.

Thanks again, TM.
Alan Ward
You are certainly welcome. - TM

Old News, If you feel this way than you need to ask? Why Delle refused to debate Brian in a public form where supposedly everyone was invited to attend. Is he not a laid off Amfa member?

The difference between here and sandersons is; This site is freely open to all discussions. No censorship unless it goes beyond reason.

Ok CIO, I give. How many cards do we have???? BTW, the debate challenge was sent to Sonny Hall, not Brian Conners. And it was signed. So apparently Sonny's answer was to send protestors to the debate and have Brian take his place as the debator. Was there an official signed letter sent to Brian stating such???

Raptor said:
Who the hell is Brian Conners is he even in the TWU ?
He is an ex-iam treasurer at UAL (surprised?), and I guess he still is in the iam apparently. There is quite a bit of info from the mechanic BB from people who know him.

None of it is good.

Another industrial union stooge who lost his way. :shock:

The twu is GONE AT AA in 04!!!!!!

I have the impression from the many post of the amfa wantabes that they are SCARRRRRRRRRRRRED!!!!!!!!!!! YES MASTER DELLE WHAT EVER YOU SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Checking it Out said:
I have the impression from the many post of the amfa wantabes that they are SCARRRRRRRRRRRRED!!!!!!!!!!! YES MASTER DELLE WHAT EVER YOU SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
How was Sonny's day in court Yesterday?

Why does our "leader" spend so much time in court against his own members?

Is there any other union out there that has as much internally driven litigation as the TWU?

Believe it or not most of it is not from disgruntled line mechanics.

The average TWU member earns $15/hr. Could it be that most of these Locals out there are trying to get their members better pay but the biggest obsticle they face is their own International? An International that spouts the same ideology as anti-labor and pro-RTW forces of lowering wages to produce more jobs?

I also heard the the DOL may be investigating Sonny Halls lapdogs in 501. Something to do with a "loan".

Sonny Hall talks a good game about "unity" and "the membership" but it appears that his "leadership" may not only lose him most of the ATD but that it could lead to even more serious things.

We cant remove Sonny. I suspect that all the other crooks at the top are starting to realize what a liability he is so dont be suprised if you see Sonny step down the day AMFA files.

My guess is that Sonny's protege Mike O'Brien will be appointed to replace Sonny. Mike comes across better as a speaker and wont have all the baggage of Sonny's despicable record concerning violating workers rights and all. However it must be remembered that the same machine that imposed Sonny upon us will be the same one imposing Mike O'Brien and all his sure to come hollow promises.

It is time for airline workers across the industry to unite under accountable democratic unions. Change from within, if it is possible, would take more time than we can afford to reach the desired results. We need unions that can unite workers across corporate boundaries. Unions that can focus on elevating the profession and not elevating the bottom line of any one particular corporation. Finally ALL airline workers have a choice. Stay with the organizations that have failed us and kept us seperated or try to unite our class and crafts across the industry. For mechanics we have the fastest growing union in the country-AMFA, after 40 years AMFA has finally caught on. For other ground workers there is the Allied Ground Workers, a brand new attempt at an age old idea, the idea being the basic building block of unionism, the goal of forming an organization where our labor, our sweat and our sacrifice is not treated as a mere commodity.

So who would ya want to ask questions from? A man that is currently living under the scamfa life or a wannabe be living under the scamfa life....hmmmm...that's a toughie...HAHAHAHA

PDiddyQuill said:
So who would ya want to ask questions from? A man that is currently living under the scamfa life or a wannabe be living under the scamfa life....hmmmm...that's a toughie...HAHAHAHA
Why are you here dippy? I guess your nurse at the rest nome let you out for the some recess? NO ONE wants to hear your child-like jibberish.

It really is unfortunate when old folks start to mentally fade. They become little kids again. :blink:

Latest posts