The Anti Union union

It's nice that you think this applies to our little situation (much like you think the Nicolau Award is not fair). As such, you may have missed this part:

This Act, and the amendments made by this Act, shall take effect on the date of the enactment of this Act and shall apply with respect to any dispute or claim that arises on or after such date.
And just where did I say that? Gotta put words in someone else's mouth, huh?

I was merely pointing out that YOUR presumption that arbitrations are the favored means of solving disagreements is FALSE. It's all spelled out just why in the beginning of the act.

YOU ARE WRONG, AGAIN. But just keep repeating it over and over again, just like you have been. It will never be correct, but if it makes you feel better, go ahead.

And just where did I say that? Gotta put words in someone else's mouth, huh?

I was merely pointing out that YOUR presumption that arbitrations are the favored means of solving disagreements is FALSE. It's all spelled out just why in the beginning of the act.

YOU ARE WRONG, AGAIN. But just keep repeating it over and over again, just like you have been. It will never be correct, but if it makes you feel better, go ahead.

Uhhhhh....I got that from the link that YOU posted, Pennywhistle. I may be proven wrong, and we may lose. It still won't change the FACT of how the east pilot group is now perceived by the majority of the working airline industry. You kids are the eternal pariah poster children (apologies to the small fraction of even-keeled, reasonable & honorable east pilots). BTW, I think you are right about the award. Randy McNerlin should have been the #1 pilot at THE NEW US AIRWAYS. That said, we agreed to this process and it's time to move on.

It still won't change the FACT of how the east pilot group is now perceived by the majority of the working airline industry.

Could you please share with the audience what the "east pilot group is now perceived by the majority of the working airline industry"?

Please, not what the West thinks. I have many jumpseat riders in my cockpit, I'm not getting the same feeling as you state above. Can you give us specific examples and what airlines these people work for. Of course no personal names.

Could you please share with the audience what the "east pilot group is now perceived by the majority of the working airline industry"?

Please, not what the West thinks. I have many jumpseat riders in my cockpit, I'm not getting the same feeling as you state above. Can you give us specific examples and what airlines these people work for. Of course no personal names.

Every time I step in a flight deck of ANOTHER AIRLINE and jumpseat home (BTW, that is EVERY WEEK). Every time a jumpseater from another airline asks for a ride on my aircraft (oh wait...let me guess: every time another airline pilot asks for your jumpseat, he says something like: "Those AWA snots are lucky to have a job! Can I have a ride to PHL?" :lol: ). Every time a check is sent to the Leonidas group from pilots AT OTHER AIRLINES. Every time you see a post from a non-west pilot that works at OTHER AIRLINES on these and other forums. Every time I pick up a buddy that has a PHX overnight when on a SWA, CAL, UAL, Alaska, JetBlue overnight and the subject comes up (which is EVERY TIME).

Dude, Cleary & USAPA have got you boxed in a mushroom factory by your own choice. You can say the sky is green and the grass is blue a million times as advised by the Iron Compass.....it still doesn't make it so. USAPA's legal team has raked in close to 7 million dollars in fees, only to show delay. If that is what you are shooting for, then you have indeed won (delay only). If you were shooting for something else, then perhaps you should re-assess your union.

Uhhhhh....I got that from the link that YOU posted, Pennywhistle. I may be proven wrong, and we may lose. It still won't change the FACT of how the east pilot group is now perceived by the majority of the working airline industry. You kids are the eternal pariah poster children (apologies to the small fraction of even-keeled, reasonable & honorable east pilots). BTW, I think you are right about the award. Randy McNerlin should have been the #1 pilot at THE NEW US AIRWAYS. That said, we agreed to this process and it's time to move on.
Looks like you failed English, Cactusboy. I NEVER said it pertained, only used that link to show how wrong you are in saying that arbitrations are in favor as a means of settling disputes. It spells out in the beginning of the act exactly why they are losing favor. Not to worry. You can attend a class at the local community college to brush up your skills. That is, if you EVER graduated from High School.

By the way, the arbitration was an INTERNAL PROCESS used by the previous collective bargaining agent to arrive at a BARGAINING POSITION. I know those are awfully big words, but maybe someone can explain them to you in a method you'll understand since none of you guys are getting it yet.

Sure...more than happy to oblige.
SW flight Jumpseat to BWI from Hometown USA. shortly after the Circuit Court jury ruled on Addington. Capt turns around in his seat and asks me " east or west ?" I tell him west. He sticks out his hand and says " Congratulations, I'm ex-west and what those guys are doing is flat out wrong "

He then proceed to tell me of an east jumpseater who showed up for a jumpseat ride on a PHL-MCO trip he was flying. The east pilot hands in his paperwork introduces himself and according to the Captain didn't even have hiss butt in the jumpseat yet and immediatley starts spouting off about how "if they think I'm going to pull gear for some 25 years old America West pilot for the rest of my career they got another thing coming..." yada -yada-yada. Mind you the east pilot lookinfg for a jumpseat ride home isn't even in the jumpseat and the cabin door is still open with jetway attached.

Finally, the Captain had about all he could stand from this guy and said "Look , I'm gonna tell you something. I'm a former America West pilot and I still I have alot of friends over there . Before we go any further, this conversation is going to stop right now. " move "

Increduiosly , the east pilot says to the Captain "Great I guess that means your not going to let me ride now "

The SW Capt, much to his credit replys " No. I already offered it to you. Its your jumpseat but I have to tell you the attitude has to improve or this airplane isn't going to move . "

The Captain said he sat down in the jumpseat, folded his arms acrossos his chest and didn't say a word all the way to Florida.

True story

If you want to get a feel for what the United guys think , let me know and I'll tell you about the crew I talked to in MEX. Have a Merry Christmas....

cv

Then lets see who prevails here, shall we? All the crap about the company accepting the Nic, the TA process being complete, etc is just that, CRAP.

It ain't gonna happen. YOU THIEVES OUT WEST AREN'T GETTING OUR JOBS. Period.

And, the music and pic were VERY appropriate.

I agree.

The only improvement would be having the music played on a real steam calliope!

SW flight Jumpseat to BWI from Hometown USA. shortly after the Circuit Court jury ruled on Addington. Capt turns around in his seat and asks me " east or west ?" I tell him west. He sticks out his hand and says "Congratulations, I'm ex-west and what those guys are doing is flat out wrong "

He then proceeds to tell me of an east jumpseater who showed up for a jumpseat ride on a PHL-MCO trip he was flying. The east pilot hands in his paperwork, introduces himself and, according to the Captain didn't even have his butt in the jumpseat yet when he immediatley starts spouting off about how "if they think I'm going to pull gear for some 25 years old America West pilot for the rest of my career they got another thing coming..." yada -yada-yada. Mind you the east pilot looking for this ride home isn't even in the jumpseat at this point and the cabin door is still open with jetway attached.

Finally, the Captain had about all he could stand from this guy and said "Look , I'm gonna tell you something. I'm a former America West pilot and I still I have alot of friends over there . Before we go any further, this conversation is going to stop right now. "

Incredioiusly , the east pilot says to the Captain "Great I guess that means your not going to let me ride now "

The SW Capt, much to his credit replies " No. I already offered you the jumpseat. Its yours. But I have to tell you the attitude has to improve or this airplane isn't going to move ."

The Captain said he sat down in the jumpseat, folded his arms across his chest and didn't say a word all the way to Florida.

True story

If you want to get a feel for what the United guys and gals think , let me know. I'll can tell you about the crew I met in MEX on a recent overnight if your interested. Have a Merry Christmas....

cv

SW flight Jumpseat to BWI from Hometown USA. shortly after the Circuit Court jury ruled on Addington. Capt turns around in his seat and asks me " east or west ?" I tell him west. He sticks out his hand and says " Congratulations, I'm ex-west and what those guys are doing is flat out wrong "

He then proceed to tell me of an east jumpseater who showed up for a jumpseat ride on a PHL-MCO trip he was flying. The east pilot hands in his paperwork introduces himself and according to the Captain didn't even have hiss butt in the jumpseat yet and immediatley starts spouting off about how "if they think I'm going to pull gear for some 25 years old America West pilot for the rest of my career they got another thing coming..." yada -yada-yada. Mind you the east pilot lookinfg for a jumpseat ride home isn't even in the jumpseat and the cabin door is still open with jetway attached.

Finally, the Captain had about all he could stand from this guy and said "Look , I'm gonna tell you something. I'm a former America West pilot and I still I have alot of friends over there . Before we go any further, this conversation is going to stop right now. " move "

Increduiosly , the east pilot says to the Captain "Great I guess that means your not going to let me ride now "

The SW Capt, much to his credit replys " No. I already offered it to you. Its your jumpseat but I have to tell you the attitude has to improve or this airplane isn't going to move . "

The Captain said he sat down in the jumpseat, folded his arms acrossos his chest and didn't say a word all the way to Florida.

True story

If you want to get a feel for what the United guys think , let me know and I'll tell you about the crew I talked to in MEX. Have a Merry Christmas....

cv
A truly UNBIASED example. You guys really know how to make your case. You aren't a lawyer based in PHX, are you?

A truly UNBIASED example. You guys really know how to make your case. You aren't a lawyer based in PHX, are you?

Why? Because the SWA captain was a former AWA pilot ? And I believe No Land Green was the one who asked if one of us could can site an example of what other airlines think of you guys and our current situation. Whats the matter ? All of a sudden he can't answer for himself and appointed you his "media spokesman ?" To paraphrase what someone from senior management told Mike Clary at the most recent quartely labor/mangement meeting; " Oldie,stop. You're making a fool of yourself."

cv

Why? Because the SWA captain was a former AWA pilot ? And I believe No Land Green was the one who asked if one of us could can site an example of what other airlines think of you guys and our current situation. Whats the matter ? All of a sudden he can't answer for himself and appointed you his "media spokesman ?" To paraphrase what someone from senior management told Mike Clary at the most recent quartely labor/mangement meeting; " Oldie,stop. You're making a fool of yourself."

cv
Actually you are. He absolutely was NOT referring to any biased individual that worked previously for EITHER side. But to understand that one would have to have an intellect, which you plainly DO NOT.

Only an idiot would use the example of biased crew to make their point in this argument. I guess THAT says it all.

True story

cv
I almost feel sorry for the guy. I honestly think he is so brainwashed he just doesn't know any better. Interesting how he thought his transgression would make the SW guy kick him off, as if that's something he would do. I'd be the first to tell a guy to shut his trap, but would NEVER kick him off the jumpseat.

How could a seasoned commuter be so dumb as not to know you don't talk politics when asking for the jumpseat unless the crew initiates it? You NEVER know who you are talking to or what their views are.

PS. I don't think they care what United guys think! ;)

Back