The devil you know is better than the one you don't know....

I met Doug once, and that was at an Aviation Forum in Vegas. I extended my hand in greeting and he took it as a nonevent barely with any eye contact. He sat next to me (by accident) for dinner with ofcourse, Glass (who kept very close to me the entire 3 days to keep an eye and ear on what I was saying and who I was talking to) and Krby and a bunch of other folks that attended. He never said one word to me. Didn't even acknowledge that I was at the same table carrying a conversation with folks at this table. He was arrogant, stand-offish and showed no consideration that I was representing labor at this forum.

In my view, it showed an utter disrespect for East labor, and I knew that treatment would continue well beyond my departure.

...if this were any one of us he would fire us in a second and not think anything of it. More than likely he would spit on you as you left.

Are you sure about that? Assuming there wasn't an FAA violation/revokation involved, how would your management know if you got a DUI when not on company time, and not in a company vehicle? If they did fire you for simply a misdemeanor of DUI, as I said before, there could be liabilities as a result.

Let's put it another way - do you think Doug is the only one in the whole company to have gotten a DUI in recent history? Aside from him being the front man, and having a responsibility to the company, what makes his situation different than John Q. Accountant from getting pinched for the same thing? Should both of those people lose their job for this? I don't think so. But as I said earlier, I wonder if there is something in his contract that expressly stipulates what happens to him and his job in situations like this.

Are you sure about that? Assuming there wasn't an FAA violation/revokation involved, how would your management know if you got a DUI when not on company time, and not in a company vehicle? If they did fire you for simply a misdemeanor of DUI, as I said before, there could be liabilities as a result.

Let's put it another way - do you think Doug is the only one in the whole company to have gotten a DUI in recent history? Aside from him being the front man, and having a responsibility to the company, what makes his situation different than John Q. Accountant from getting pinched for the same thing? Should both of those people lose their job for this? I don't think so. But as I said earlier, I wonder if there is something in his contract that expressly stipulates what happens to him and his job in situations like this.

Actually, if your DUI gets reported in the paper, like some f/as did in PIT, you can get called in depending on whether its a misdeameanor or a felony.

Anyone that drives on the ramp is required to have a license so those people would likely lose their job if their license was suspended.

Actually, if your DUI gets reported in the paper, like some f/as did in PIT, you can get called in depending on whether its a misdeameanor or a felony.

Are people allowed to work for an airline if they have been charged with a felony?

Anyone that drives on the ramp is required to have a license so those people would likely lose their job if their license was suspended.
Are people allowed to work for an airline if they have been charged with a felony?

No. That's the point I'm making and that's why they get called in.

I met Doug once, and that was at an Aviation Forum in Vegas. I extended my hand in greeting and he took it as a nonevent barely with any eye contact. He sat next to me (by accident) for dinner with ofcourse, Glass (who kept very close to me the entire 3 days to keep an eye and ear on what I was saying and who I was talking to) and Krby and a bunch of other folks that attended. He never said one word to me. Didn't even acknowledge that I was at the same table carrying a conversation with folks at this table. He was arrogant, stand-offish and showed no consideration that I was representing labor at this forum.

In my view, it showed an utter disrespect for East labor, and I knew that treatment would continue well beyond my departure.

PITbull,
Funny you'd think being married to an ex stew would make Doug a little more friendly towards flight attendants. It seems Gwen doesn't have a tight leash on the old boy. With all these DUI's.

Speaking of DUI, what if one has more than one DUI, what is the plural form for multiple offenses...is it DUII like cacti?? Or in Doug's case is it DUIIII.

Later,
Eye

If an employee in accounting gets a DUI, is that grounds for dismissal? I doubt it. In fact, it's more likely grounds for an employee lawsuit. The employee could turn around and claim they have a substance problem and need to seek treatment, but the company discriminated against them and their "problem", blah blah blah. Then they can take the medical leave and the company has to hold their job for them (though not necessarily keep paying them).

For FSA who need a license to drive on the ramp, yes.

It used to be that if you approached Management with a drug or alcohol problem they would assist in getting you help. If you got caught breaking the law and then cried that you had a problem, too late. Most FSA in PHL were able to get help either way and still keep their job, but Management was under no obligation.

Maybe we should keep him around to be our "colorful CEO." We just require that he change his drink to "Wild Turkey" and his wheels to a Harley.
Anyone expecting or requesting DParker to step down is either silly/ridiculous or vengeful. As if ANY One of US hasn't done anything you one day would regret! Keeping him AROUND will be more painful for HIM in dealing with his tarnished Image/Ego and diminished respect he will get from many people. (I highly doubt any "Townhall Meetings" will feature visits by Parker in the short term either to SAVE FACE and AVOID the criticism). When I met Parker I was genuinely impressed and felt he did have a certain aura about him.....this incident doesn't change my opinion of him. If he needed a reason to drink I still say the Delta Fiasco was a good reason way back in September-- months before that boondoggle was EVER hatched. (What in the H*ll was HE thinking! :p )

The devil will always be dressed as a gentalman.
:lol: Now that's not exactly the picture I have of George Bush! I can visualize Him in Red leotards and a Cape though!

Doug is human and made a stupid mistake. I see alot of people throwing stones around here and 99% of you live in glass houses, so please cut the crap!!

I hope this makes Doug more human and gives him an understanding to the average worker who has to cope with alot of stressful situations and turn to alcohol to deal...much centered around the BS from the past 7-10 yrs of US Airways drama.

This just may be the best thing that happened for US Airways.