the future of the twu and mainteance

dfw gen

Veteran
Dec 1, 2011
by now everybody has witnessed the negotiation process of the association and the domination of the twu by the iam. it should be clear that the twu does not exist in the association as a stand alone organization, but as a wholly owned subsidiary of the iam. what does the future hold for the twu? will it be absorbed by the iam? will the iam buy out the the twu? or will they just remain the iam's little helper?with the voting process and benefits being dictated by the iam. when the contract or t.a. does come out it should become evident what little actually remains of the twu,
what is the feelings of title 2 now that they have been sold out by the iam? for years they were a twu strong hold. my understanding is that at laa hubs they did maintenance from the side walk to the jetbridge. their scope now eliminates all passenger areas. the pay scales where previously we were equal has now started to separate. at the same time it looks like class 2 was lost. i think we have all seen how the company handles "attrition" that when say a job for life you can guarantee layoff are coming.
what are the feelings of LUS members? i personally have no problem with the rank and file but how do you feel about keeping the iampnf? the medical will eventually "sunset" out it is what it is for us on the laa side. i would think that with all the information on the iampnf i would be just a little anxious on its future. when laa froze our pensions we did not lose any benefits gained, as you will not lose what you are vested in. but i would think that a 9% 401k match would be very attractive as a supplement to social security and the pension as it has been for us.

join us lets take a chance on the future. sign a card be done with this mess.

Reactions: Duke787
The biggest problem with the card drive are the people that are handling the card drive at AA. They are not liked or respected. The are very disgruntled and pissed off people. The other problem is no one has faith in AFMA not getting out smarted by either the Company or the TWU. I am All for AMFA but you need to get some smarter people involved that know what they are doing. Let me repeat. I am for getting rid of the TWU.
not buying what your selling.

Reactions: Duke787 and swamt
The biggest problem with the card drive are the people that are handling the card drive at AA. They are not liked or respected. The are very disgruntled and pissed off people. The other problem is no one has faith in AFMA not getting out smarted by either the Company or the TWU. I am All for AMFA but you need to get some smarter people involved that know what they are doing. Let me repeat. I am for getting rid of the TWU.
Says you. You're a disgruntled little man. Like any of us who read your gibberish take you serious. Keep posting and tell us how you really feel.

Reactions: Duke787
And yet there are those that won't sign a card at this time because they are afraid that the company will pull the TA if AMFA were to come in with their motion to hold a representational election because they have the required percentage of cards needed.....But they'll sign after the TA gets voted in.....Amazing!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vortilon
And yet there are those that won't sign a card at this time because they are afraid that the company will pull the TA if AMFA were to come in with their motion to hold a representational election because they have the required percentage of cards needed.....But they'll sign after the TA gets voted in.....Amazing!

Stupid.jpg

Aviation Junkie; IF you are really up for getting rid of the TWU, and feel that the Long time main AMFA Organizers are not the right people for the Job, and are Not smart enough I am going out on a limb here, you saying that you are smarter, and could do a better job, then you should tell us why you support the card drive and what should be done to increase the card count? There must be someone else at your STATION who knows what it will take to get it DONE you can work with.

You should contact Bret the ND at AMFA tell him you have a better way and would like to set up an Organizing committee here at AA. Give him your name and the members of the group you feel will do a better job. Then announce to all of us that You are taking on the AMFA Card drive at AA to remove the TWU.

With your group and ours we should have this card drive done in no time that way you get what you want as well.

Please step up to the plate put your name on a web page so that people can contact you for cards to help you in your efforts. Don't forget your phone number too.

Reactions: swamt
AJ as was requested of you by another poster, I hope you throw your hat in the ring and step up to help this drive. There will always be disgruntled/pissed off people but I know that the current members that are organizing this drive have every ones best interest as their core mission. Please step up because all hands on deck are needed.

AJ as was requested of you by another poster, I hope you throw your hat in the ring and step up to help this drive. There will always be disgruntled/pissed off people but I know that the current members that are organizing this drive have every ones best interest as their core mission. Please step up because all hands on deck are needed.
he wont. just a troll.

All organizers in Tulsa are stand up guys we spend our time and money to help the cause. We are over 50% signed need a few hundred more to seal the deal here

Reactions: Rogallo
To late he sat down already.

Reactions: Rogallo
I would not waste my time. No one gives a crap. That is how it always will be. That is why the same people get elected without anyone running against them. That is a fact.
AJ if you would spend some time talking to other members and trying to understand their reasons for not signing and then engage them in positive conversation as to why a change would benefit the group maybe they would change their view. Also there must be other members that you think are fit to run as representatives, once again maybe speak to them and get others to encourage them to run. We will all be better served with more member engagement. Also a little less of a negative viewpoint from yourself would better serve the membership, just think about it.

As a former AMFA supporter at AA I recall others who had ideas about new representation but they had the courtesy of waiting till the AMFA drives were finished. I had full confidence in the AMFA drive leadership, some of whom are still involved, and I witnessed the TWU being outsmarted on a regular basis. I question your real motives and I believe your efforts will only hinder those who are taking the lead in "this" drive. Perot was a great choice in 1992 but the only thing I accomplished by voting for him was putting a serial rapist in office for 8 years.

Last edited:
I would not waste my time. No one gives a crap. That is how it always will be. That is why the same people get elected without anyone running against them. That is a fact.

Aviation Junkie, is it that you don't want to waste your time or are you saying that you are not as smart as the AMFA Organizers that have been at this for 20+ yrs.
The TWU Officers run unopposed due to the fact NO-ONE wants to do that job. The upper leadership dictates things and the Local Prez on down can't change a thing. So what has it become, a SCAM. It's time to reboot . Sign a card and give us all a bargaining unit that will look out for us.

Reactions: swamt
by now everybody has witnessed the negotiation process of the association and the domination of the twu by the iam. it should be clear that the twu does not exist in the association as a stand alone organization, but as a wholly owned subsidiary of the iam. what does the future hold for the twu? will it be absorbed by the iam? will the iam buy out the the twu? or will they just remain the iam's little helper?with the voting process and benefits being dictated by the iam. when the contract or t.a. does come out it should become evident what little actually remains of the twu,
what is the feelings of title 2 now that they have been sold out by the iam? for years they were a twu strong hold. my understanding is that at laa hubs they did maintenance from the side walk to the jetbridge. their scope now eliminates all passenger areas. the pay scales where previously we were equal has now started to separate. at the same time it looks like class 2 was lost. i think we have all seen how the company handles "attrition" that when say a job for life you can guarantee layoff are coming.
what are the feelings of LUS members? i personally have no problem with the rank and file but how do you feel about keeping the iampnf? the medical will eventually "sunset" out it is what it is for us on the laa side. i would think that with all the information on the iampnf i would be just a little anxious on its future. when laa froze our pensions we did not lose any benefits gained, as you will not lose what you are vested in. but i would think that a 9% 401k match would be very attractive as a supplement to social security and the pension as it has been for us.

join us lets take a chance on the future. sign a card be done with this mess.
Theres been talk for at least 2 years now that the Ass is going to divvy up the dues payers back into the twu and iam coffers. MnR going to the twu and the rest to the iam. The staunch iam mechanic and related in Philly should be absolutely pissed about this. Just curious why these guys aren't raising hell over it? They have 2 choices, AMFA or TWU. The iam is going to punt them sooner rather than later so not sure why they stay loyal to the masters.