The Official Us/hp Ideas For A Happy Merger Thread

tadjr said:
Not every flight entails every one of these and I'm sure there are some things I've left off. Its not just a matter of standing there typing on the keyboard when you have a full flight. Plus many of our entries take 4 or 5 steps minimum to get them done after waiting for the computer to respond.

[post="264997"][/post]​
Thanks for the info. I ask because when I was in France a few years ago, there was a hotel chain that uses no front desk staff. You buy your key card from a machine. Plenty of houskeeping staff and maintenance, but no front desk.

If more of the gate agents job was automated, shifting the burden onto the passenger (where at $39 a ticket, it belongs IMHO) to handle it, would there be any less venting at agents? Airline employees are being forced to accept the new way of life in the airline world, why not the passenger?

Im not going to offer an opinion, but aren't we presuming that date of hire will likely provide a seniority windfall for U employees?

Don't unions look at the distribution first and make a proposal after seeing the choke points and the consequences?

Hmmm, the 2005-me seems unusually humble.

I was expecting to see a bloviated posts with my suggestion.

If more of the gate agents job was automated, shifting the burden onto the passenger (where at $39 a ticket, it belongs IMHO) to handle it, would there be any less venting at agents? Airline employees are being forced to accept the new way of life in the airline world, why not the passenger?
Do you really think the not so frequent flyer can handle the complete flying process all by they're self from start to finish with no agent customer contact? I have been doing this for a very long time there are a lot of needy people out there. We do not have an airline that fly's point-to-point most passengers make connections a lot of problems/situations exists on a day-to-day basis. So you have a little hiccup and the staff is cut because of your so call automation and the meltdown begins. I think you need an invitation to one of tadjr ticket counter parties

the only thing left to do is ride this horse until it dies....theres no water/food/ or place to laydown in this desert wasteland of a company/management group. It isnt going to get better, either for us or the public...so enjoy the ride down, then we can start looking for the next job...hahaha...woohooo!

Latest posts