The TWU 4.8% Equity Lie

Socplat13

Advanced
Feb 26, 2013
The TWU is spreading the lie that if there is a change of representation then the former TWU-represented workers will forfeit their equity stake.

If there is a change in representation the new collective bargaining agent would then be obligated to administer all agreements entered into by the TWU and AA. If the TWU is voted out, the equity stake will not be forfeited.

The TWU is spreading the lie that if there is a change of representation then the former TWU-represented workers will forfeit their equity stake.

If there is a change in representation the new collective bargaining agent would then be obligated to administer all agreements entered into by the TWU and AA. If the TWU is voted out, the equity stake will not be forfeited.

This was already put to rest with a letter put out by L. Seham and the AMFA.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm no longer there but I think a lot of people would gladly tell them to keep it. As an silly side note I collect lapel pins. I have 25 years worth of industry pins with AA service pins etc. I found an AMFA pin I got by donating money during the NW strike. I was one of the few Title 2 guys to wear it and it brings back memories. I've got lots of TWU pins I'm willing to sell. The opening bid is a cup of coffee...lol

This was already put to rest with a letter put out by L. Seham and the AMFA.
He's a newbie with 8 post. He needs to do a little research and scroll thru some of these post and "catch-up". This is the start of the flood of newbies coming on here to either save the TWU or support the teamsters. As we get closer to a filing date in May, this will continue to happen.

Reactions: 1 person
He's a newbie with 8 post. He needs to do a little research and scroll thru some of these post and "catch-up". This is the start of the flood of newbies coming on here to either save the TWU or support the teamsters. As we get closer to a filing date in May, this will continue to happen.

I agree, how true.

TWU and IBT plants to distort the facts.

The "newbie" as I read it was stating it was a lie and warning folks. Ease up a little.

Reactions: 1 person
The "newbie" as I read it was stating it was a lie and warning folks. Ease up a little.

Just stating a fact. The issue he brings up, as AMFAinMIAMI has stated, has been addressed and spoken about in past threads and forums. Instead of us all repeating ourselves over and over, I was suggesting that the poster merely take some time and read back for all the answers to his questions and then some as we have already discussed and cleared up this topic. Final result: AMFA's not worried about the TWU's scare tactic to lie to the members with "bribery" in order to keep them with the TWU. AMFA attorney's have already stated that they would be delt with very quickly thru the legal system and easily won. Can't ease up man, this is the time to get harder and more direct. where were all these guys years ago when this all started. Besides I get tired of repeating myself, but I will if need be to clear up any lies and complete fabrications about AMFA, SWA, or AMFA at SWA.

Reactions: 2 people
My point was if it was a choice between getting rid of the TWU and 20 grand I think most would say keep it.

My point was if it was a choice between getting rid of the TWU and 20 grand I think most would say keep it.

BAGBELT

Since the 2003 concessions we have given up sooooo much money and what do we have to show for that? BK and loss of pension, closed maint facilities, and more.

What is another 20k IF the TWU is gone. The guys who will remain after the merger and those mechanics that have 10 to 15 yrs before they are ready to walk away have a chance to get back a portion of that with a NEW bargaining group be it AMFA or the IBT as long as the TWU is GONE it would be worth it. An INVESTMENT IN OUR FUTURE, per say.

If we keep the twu just for a few dollars and then we take it in the shorts again next contract what then?

The TWU with the acception of the one contract that AA matched the wages of the NWA guys for approx a yr then took them away. Has been concessionary contracts one way or the other. As the AMFA organizers have asked the mechanics of AA, just how much are you will to give up before you say enough is enough?

If AA is going to be the biggest airline with the most modern fleet don't you want a work force that will care or do you want a work force that doesn't care about the passengers, flight schedule, or anything?

That 4.8% is the twu's members and how that will be distributed still has to be determined, and when.

AMFA at AA in 2013

That was my point. I don't mean to get in the middle of it, I left American to work for the transit authority fixing trains. Here trades are hired out of a local hall with apprenticeship programs etc. In a perfect world an AMT or title2 mech. would be part of a trade union and have his or her seniority recognized at any airline that bargined with that union. I believe AMFA is as about as close to that as it gets. Pensions would be portable as well as benefits. I started with AA in 93 during the flight attendants strike. I remember John Orlando getting on an empty airbus to go home after coming to Boston, basically crossing their picket line. That was my first intro to the TWU. Then 6% over 95-2000 during an economic boom. Then no snapback with the concessions. It's one thing after another. I had no desire to leave AA and I resent the TWU for it. I'm a union man to the core, but why does anyone need a union when all there is are givebacks? I realize bankruptcy is a different ballgame, but when has it been any better? 2001-2003 was one brief turnaround but that was it. I wish you good luck....

I'm not willing to give it up at all. As Lee Seham pointed out it would be illegal and we will sue their asses off, if they were to try.

April 26, 2013

TO: All Members TWU Locals 501 – 591

RE: Equity Distribution

Dear Brothers & Sisters:
Your TWU Equity Committee met yesterday to begin discussions on how
the 4.8% equity stake will be distributed to eligible TWU members at
American Airlines. The Committee, with the assistance of financial advisors
and legal experts, will ensure the plan of distribution is equitable and
maximizes the value for TWU members.

The form of equity distribution (stock or cash) has not been determined as
of this date. We anticipate the distribution will begin around the time that
American exits bankruptcy.

The TWU Equity Committee will address the following issues:

a. Determine the distribution of the equity for each group/classification.
b. Determine eligibility periods for equity distribution.

The Committee is working to draft the TWU Equity Distribution Plan and will
communicate the details as soon as the process has been completed.

The TWU Equity Committee is scheduled to meet again on May 8 – 9 and
May 23 – 24 and will provide member updates on our progress.

Finally, the Committee intends to conduct Local visits to fully brief and
discuss its work with our TWU membership to make sure we have
membership feedback before the Plan is finalized.

Signed,

Committee Members:

Donny Tyndall, President Local 502 John Plowman, President Local 542
Sean Doyle, President Local 512 Darrin Pierce, President Local 513
Sam Cirri, President Local 514 Jim Fudge, President Local 541
Larry Pike, President Local 567 Tom Lee, President Local 568
Gary Peterson, President Local 591