TRAVIS CHRIST will be in phl @230pm till 5pm

If you have a medical condition, then it is YOUR responsibility to make sure your needs are taken care of. You should not blame the airline for your failure to plan for these things.

You are SO right on with that ! When we first started selling food, I had people come on and say "what do you mean, no food??? :shock: I'm diabetic!!!!! " to which my response was. "Well, I have to ask how you know you are diabetic??? :unsure: " to which THEY respond that they've known it for years.....SO, there was no diagnosis as they came down the jetway and they KNEW they have a medical condition. Pre-existing condition, they are responsible for their own health. period.

Art, for clarification, it’s my understanding that FFOCUS has information on airlines that will match status.

I was referring to current US FFs that were looking to switch after the June 12 announcement from Tempe.

You are absolutely correct. There have been over 100 requests to me alone for information on status matches to OTHER carriers, but NONE to US. US independently is giving status away or selling it for a fee....even Chairmans was offered to some at like $10K. Dream on....

FFOCUS has information on status matches or challenges with other carriers readily available for members.

US may not be alone in nickel and diming customers, but they alone have an arrogant and contemptuous attitude toward elite flyers, and therefore stand to lose the most when the smoke clears......

One can only hope they will wake up before it's too late, but it already may be........

For 10 years up to 2007, I averaged 140K seat miles a year and 90-95% on US. I left before this latest nonsense. In the last 4 months of 2007, 1 round trip on US. So far this year 2 round trips on US. And I will still fly over 100K miles this year.

Does this count as "BIG TIME" Has US replaced me?

I do not know nor do I care. I voted with my wallet

PhillyGuy

"Big Time"?
Other than the beotching on this board are there any stats that shows this to be true?
I have seen nothing to indicate it is true, nor has the company had any statments that they are expierencing anything outside of what the entire industry.

Bob

Of course

I am mostly using American and Contintal but have also stepped onto Delta and united on a few occassions.
I have just decided that FF programs are no longer that important to me.
I did get a comp club membership from continental instead of any status match

Hope that helps.

I just focus on getting there with the best schedule /price
If I may be so bold, Which carrier did you transition to and why?

I did get a comp club membership from continental instead of any status match

I did a challenge on AA last year and got Plat status. It took me about 2 weeks. I like AA, but I think I am going to concentrate on CO now that they are joining *A. Just curious, why didn't CO match your status? Are they no longer doing that? I got matched PLAT last year and already made PLAT for next year so it was definitely worth if for them, and for me. Their A and R fares are great!

I did a challenge on AA last year and got Plat status. It took me about 2 weeks. I like AA, but I think I am going to concentrate on CO now that they are joining *A. Just curious, why didn't CO match your status? Are they no longer doing that? I got matched PLAT last year and already made PLAT for next year so it was definitely worth if for them, and for me. Their A and R fares are great!
Of the legacy airlines, CO is my favorite. I really wish I could give them all my biz but their schedules just don't work for me. I'm gold there, and gold hardly gets you an upgrade. I get them about 25% of the time. I have gold on DL and almost always get upgraded. DL does a nice job too. I dont really care about the upgrades, what I care about is speaking to a person from the States when I call reservations, and gold at both DL and CO does that, so I'm happy.

How many people have this same idea

I tend to make my decisions in the following order:

1.) Time
2.) Brand
3.) Service/Quality
4.) Price
5.) FF Program

Price really doesn't matter to me or my business anywhere near as much as getting there when I want to.

And I just bought ABQ-PVD via BWI on WN. I really only had 2 choices from a time point of view, WN and US...

And I chose WN 'cause I'm just no a fan of the US Brand any more...."The Flag" has been sullied....I'll leave US to the people that put price above all else. I just prefer now that I not fly US.

That being said, I'm not the kind of person that will fly through IAH to go MIA-PVD just to avoid an airline...if the only way for me to get somewhere is US, I'll fly them....and the next time I do, I'm paying for my coke with pennies.

Latest posts

Back