Trip Report - Comparison Lx And Us

CapnCockroach

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Well, if PB can so can I. Flew LX to Europe 2 weeks ago and despite my protests, my company put me on U for the return. Cattle class of course as I don't have FF miles on either. But the comparison is interesting:

US Ports: MIA for LX. Sucks really bad. Too crowded and you really have to haul ass to get to the gates. PHL for U. You really ought to get out of PHL for International. That terminal is horrible if you are trying to connect. Unbelievable crowds and long lines. The beer bar close to B2 is expensive but they serve Urquell on tap. Can't complain about that. Can't believe the number of times I had to go thru the "security" system just to get from internation to domestic, and then walk, walk, walk, walk walk. Find a better airport.

Seats: LX airbus seats are very hard and truly bite your butt at the end of a 8 hour flight. The old creaky US 767 seats were much better, if a bit ragged. Sounds and movies better on LX but only because of individual screens.

Ahh..the good part - Food and drinks: No comparison. U's chicken surprise was just that. The Cheese sandwich had to go unconsumed. $5 for drinks. Glad I bought some mini Jagermeisters in the airport prior to departure. On LX all booze was free, and they came around a lot to replenish. Slept well. The vegetarian pasta sucked but the continental breakfast was very good - as was the coffee.

The people. The counter folks in Germany were great. But I suspect they are really Lufthansa employees. LX FA's much more "outgoing". U's were "OK", nothing special. Not bad, not great. LX counter folks were "professional".

Overall, I still much prefer foreign carriers over domestic for international travel.

Thank you,

I knew about the Crossair takeover, something that could happen with MDA and US if US dies.

i flew continental express from my city to orf and what a sharp contrast when comparing to the phlly express agents. CO's has very high morale and even joking with the customers. that is in ewr whil us express agents in phl are rude depending on where you go in that terminal.

I came home during day and saw cockroaches out and about they don't even hide under cover of darkness anymore. Must be the free lunches from USAirways and the employees.

RowUnderDCA said:
I flew LX, but it was in first, years ago, so I cant really compare. But my US award ticket and the service and generousity I received from U inspired my loalty to U.
[post="240405"][/post]​

loalty is a gud thing.