Trip Report---Excellent Flight

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
Those of you who know me know I share good things with you all as well as not so good things--I am quick to lavish praise where due--and today it was due!

This has been a difficult week, and I have been somewhat sleep deprived, especially since I had to be in SEA on Monday by noon, and had to be back in NY for my wife's Dr. appt yesterday afternoon. I also had to be back west in LAS by this afternoon, where I will be until Sunday night.
As many of you know already, due to the res migration and my absolute need to be in SEA, I had to use another carrier for that trip. Unfortunately based on what happened, I made the right choice.

That said, I got up at 4AM again this morning and headed out to JFK for the 7:30AM flight to LAS. It started snowing about half way through my drive, so I knew from the start that weather would affect the flight.

Having checked in on line (2nd attempt) I proceeded right through security and to the gate (I belong to the RCC) but chose to hang out. I met the gate supervisor, and asked if he wanted to reprint my BP with a barcode (he didn't). We chatted for a bit and before you knew it we were boarding.

JFK-LAS crowds are fun for people watchers-and there was a wide mix of people on this one. The F f/a came right around offering predeparture beverages and introduced herself by name to each customer (nice touch). I believe she took the meal orders before we reached the de ice area at JFK (JFK has deicing down to a science-only the covered pad is at the end of 13R and we were using 31L).

We wound up taking off around an hour or so past schedule, but no problems--we did well weather considered. Once aloft, the FA promptly served the next round of beverages, and did a round with the snack tray BEFORE the meal..Biscoffs before breakfast :) She then did an excellent meal service followed by another refill of beverages. They started the videos by doing the short features BEFORE the movie (is this new?), and that appeared to work out much better for the crew.

Throughout the rest of the flight, we enjoyed a chat about the new company and its future, and about mutual concerns between frequent fliers and employees. While still having time for a break, this lady still passed through the cabin constantly making sure we were all fed and watered, and then helped in the Y cabin as well.

Just prior to landing, as she handed out the coats, the FA said "Thanks for joining us today" to each customer in the F cabin--a very classy move.

The meal itself appeared to be a little better than normal--omelette with croissant and fruit plate. It was served on china with glass ware and silverware, but oddly enough there was no salt or pepper.

We arrived in LAS about 25 min behind schedule, and I headed off to start my day. I did, however, take a moment to email my contact in Tempe and asked her to do an A & B for this exceptional flight attendant.

So to this outstanding young lady, I say thank you again for the great flight--and I hope I have the pleasure of flying with you again.

See -- it's the PEOPLE that make the difference--

My best to you all.........

See -- it's the PEOPLE that make the difference--

Wow Art, sounds like you had an enjoyable inflight experience. I think you were on another airline, however. You see, if you were actually flying US Airways, that flight would have been operated on the "West" certificate with "West" crewmembers.

Now according to numerous FFocus members and many of the other posters on this site, we don't know how to provide good inflight service on the West side due to lack of experience, blah, blah, blah.

You must have been flying on Delta or American. ;)

Wow Art, sounds like you had an enjoyable inflight experience. I think you were on another airline, however. You see, if you were actually flying US Airways, that flight would have been operated on the "West" certificate with "West" crewmembers.

Now according to numerous FFocus members and many of the other posters on this site, we don't know how to provide good inflight service on the West side due to lack of experience, blah, blah, blah.

You must have been flying on Delta or American. ;)
I think the FA will be fired for doing a Good Job! Tempe can not have things like this happen, its not the LCC way!

N903AW,

You are mistaken. No one at FFOCUS has ever criticized West employees--our comments are general based on Tempe's failure to manage East customer expectations. I have had excellent experiences flying west with your colleagues, and I am happy to give credit where credit is due.

I would even venture to say that this particular FA was one of the best I have flown with in quite a while--at US East or any other carrier for that matter. She is clearly deserving of Above and Beyond--and I think that management could learn from her on how to work a F cabin.

ART at ISP.....

Thanks for the comprehensive trip report and thanks for the compliments on the crew and overall service experience!
Glad the JFK-LAS trip was decent. The way we have been getting slammed lately it was refreshing to hear some positive comments.

Lets keep it up guys and gals and get past the last few months troubles.

Ciao.

The F f/a came right around offering predeparture beverages and introduced herself by name to each customer (nice touch).

I believe she took the meal orders before we reached the de ice area at JFK (JFK has deicing down to a science-only the covered pad is at the end of 13R and we were using 31L).

WE only hope more of us follow suit. Thank you for your kind words. Be careful though. A F/A is not supposed to be taking food orders during taxi, they are supposed to be strapped in their jumpseat for ground movement except for safty related duties. In this case, your food order is not.

The west are a paranoid bunch. many are great, but there are so many more who cant' wait towrite people upfor the littlest things.

Thanks again! :up:

The west are a paranoid bunch. many are great, but there are so many more who cant' wait towrite people upfor the littlest things.

Thanks again! :up:

Yes we are a bit paranoid but that comes from years of predatory management that continues to this day. Sorry to burst you bubble of truth but there are very few out west that would drop so low as to write up another FA. In fact, one of them, was a recalled east furlough that came out west......her name is ALL OVER THE PLACE for all the writing up she does.

:down:

Yes we are a bit paranoid but that comes from years of predatory management that continues to this day. Sorry to burst you bubble of truth but there are very few out west that would drop so low as to write up another FA. In fact, one of them, was a recalled east furlough that came out west......her name is ALL OVER THE PLACE for all the writing up she does.

:down:
Pass the names around, dude..... Gotta keep an eye on the narks.... ;)