Tulsa Mis Informer

RV4

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Bob,

Believe me when I tell you the "informer" is the correct name for the Tulsa Local 514 Newsletter. These so-called union men "inform" the company or should I say "Rat" to the company on any member who disagrees or promotes change.

The most unbelievable item of the day?

While the TWU Local attempts through union dues money to overturn the Oklahoma right-to-work law (Current Appeal 10th Circuit) on the premise that the right-to-work law lowers the average wage of the working man, they are now promoting a YES vote on the T/A that will set back their own members wages to 1983 levels.

$8.89 per hour for an OSM? Which used to be a high seniority mechanic job. I hired in at $10.00 per hour in Sept. 1983. Using 20 years of inflation what does that starting wage equal? I am seeking other means of employment, I cannot stand the so-called unionism, and the ignorance of my fellow workers while they garner a belief that "there is nothing we can do about it". AA can have all of the OSM's they desire as far as I am concerned, and the so-called unionism that is destroying our profession is also destroying the company.

Who is lowering the average wage of the working man? TWU Local 514 that's who!

Something else I find interesting. TWU Local 514 claims to be about unionism, but notice the aspect and particpation in the union busting devide and conquer tactics. Are these guys union busters disquised and dues collectors.

As you can see, the TWU Local 514 tactics to sell this concession as well as the tactics to prevent AMFA from becoming our bargaining agent is nothing but fear. Sad part of it is, the sheep actually believe the crap, and the skill level has been dumbed down so far, most feel lucky just to have a job here.

If you cannot figure a way to change the structure of this union, then I would suggest that you also consider a career change because these OKIE Bozos are dangerous.

One thing we could use to break through the sheep herd. Documented proof of the current AA/TWU contracting out percentage. Somehow, we cannot obtain that data from the so-called "informer". But the "informer" will damn sure RAT you out for snooping around trying to gain that knowledge.

One has to wonder why a Union would chose the name informer as their newsletter. What is the definition of Informer? One who informs against others, often for compensation. Here in NY thats a RAT, or a Snitch, akin to a scab and the bane of the labor movement since the beginning of time. The biggest challenge that Mike Quill and the TWU faced was overcoming the informer.

In typical fashion the 'informer' relys upon the trust of its peers to betray them. Several misleading and inaccurate statements are included in this smear campain that attacks a person instead of attacking what the ad said.

The facts;
-Chuck Schalk had no part in writing the ad. He did approve of it.
-Chuck Schalk has probably been quoted in newspapers more often than Randy McDonald. His statements get more press than Randy McDonald and Chuck has been quoted not only in Local NY papers but in several nationwide network articles. The fact that Randy does not get as much nationwide coverage is probably a great comfort to many in Tulsa who must shiver at the thought that he is the public persona of the Tulsa AA mechanic.
-The letter was clear in regards to our contract and the possibility that it could be abrogated by a judge. However since we are aware of the fact that this information has been drilled into the membership we felt it was more important to dwell on the real effects of the agreement than what might happen if we reject it.
- The contracts at UAL have not been abrogated. UAL has been in much worse shape than AA for a long time.
- While UALs medical costs will likely go up so will ours.
- Our pay will be cut 17.5%, theirs 13%
- We will have less vacation, next year we will have two weeks less thanks to Jim Littles generosity.
-We will have less sick time and only get half pay for the first two days we are sick.
-We will get a whopping 2 cents for working midnights.
-AA will declare bankruptcy either way. The TWU International feels that way, Carty has made statements that support this, all the experts agree that they will and deep down you know it too. There is no evidence to support the claim that if we give up all this now that the judges decisions in BK will be affected in any way. Why give up all this when they will likely come back for more later? Why not just wait to see what happens in BK?

Its ironic that a letter called the informer would attempt to teach the fundimentals of unionism. One of the tenets of unionism has always been An Injury to one is an injury to all yet Randy McDonald pushed to eliminate shift differentials. The small stipend that the majority of line workers recieved for working abnormal hours. In fact the leaders of Local 514 have a long history of the hell with everyone else and hooray for us, but now THEY are going to tell us in NY about Unionism! Tulsa, the local with the reputation for the supression of dissenting viewpoints your out of order Brother if I dont like what you are saying, brother. A local that spends more time putting its own members on trial than fighting to preserve their wages. The local that tells other workers throughout the country that they should move to Tulsa if the contracts that they force upon the whole membership do not provide for a reasonable standard of living. This stupid logic is unique to the 514 ideology of unionism, it ignores the fact that even if everyone tried to go to Tulsa someone would have to work where the airline makes the money that is used to pay the salaries in Tulsa. They forget that AA is in the business of moving people and goods and not overhauling airplanes. They forget that in order for them to live in the comfort that they enjoy there are thousands of us out there that keep these airplanes making money in between overhauls, and these union brothers or sisters are going to have to live and work in these high cost areas. I'm sure that there are sensible people in Tulsa who recognize the realities of cost differentials between different parts of the country, the problem is that for some odd reason posession of logic and reason are not considered qualities of leadership in in 514. Instead Leadershipis defined as talking your members into giving away 50 years of labors advances in one fell swoop without any resistance what
so ever. Its a slap in the face to those who came before us and fought and sacrificed for these things that we should give them away without any fight . Mike Quill would be rolling over in his grave if he could see the cowardice that is being formented by the so called leaders of 514.

LGA,

In your last post, you forgot to record your Seniority Number.

We have experienced the posts of okc and wx: both belonging to those that have either retired or laid off, and, hoping for thier respective reprieve.

Of course, such reprieves granted at the experience of those now serving.

Would you agree that the purpose of a Union is the advancement of wages, hours and working conditions; or, would you describe it as simply the protection and/or creation of more jobs?

----------------
On 4/14/2003 11:28:29 PM Boomer wrote:

Would you agree that the purpose of a Union is the advancement of wages, hours and working conditions; or, would you describe it as simply the protection and/or creation of more jobs?

----------------​
Its neither one or the other. Its both. And they must figure a way to balance the two.

----------------
On 4/15/2003 5:21:09 AM AAmech wrote:

----------------
On 4/14/2003 11:28:29 PM Boomer wrote:

----------------​
Its neither one or the other. Its both. And they must figure a way to balance the two.

----------------​
Ok I agree, but the union purpose is not to advocate the lowering of wages and benefits.

I know of many TWU members who never even got a PIN number to vote.

Uncle Don, can we have another crack at voting also?

Oh that''s right, it went your way so you are satisfied.

Whatever happened to credibility?

Latest posts