TWU and IAM representation alliance vote

Will you vote in a TWU and IAM representation alliance? (A/C maint. only)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ThirdSeatHero said:
Who is "they"?  How does this change the fact that your MIT link still doesn't back up your BS assertion of having to trade jobs for wages and better representation?
Oh so you actually truly believe that you can reach SWA wages AND keep ALL of the jobs you currently have?

Seriously?

And they is the TWU. You did mention them remember.

NYer said:

At some point the "movement" will have to stop being outmaneuvered. Begs the question, if the incompetence of the TWU, as alleged by the AMFA supporters, can outmaneuver the decade old AMFA drive...how can we not expect they get outmaneuvered in negotiations. (It happened with the NWA strike)

"...It happened with the NWA strike..."

NWA managements last best offer was to eliminate over half the memberships jobs - give us a taste of your TWU brilliance, what should they have done? 

NYer said:

The IAM lost in all those carriers and STILL have substantially more Members than AMFA who has been around since before deregulation.

LOL - yeah, and the IAM has been around  since the late 1800s and has lost alot more mechanic jobs than AMFA

Try again

ThirdSeatHero said:
"...It happened with the NWA strike..."

NWA managements last best offer was to eliminate over half the memberships jobs - give us a taste of your TWU brilliance, what should they have done?
Went back to work and let the judge decide after he said they should go back. The final outcome more than likely would not have been as harsh through the courts unless the relief was absolutely necessary to the degree that NWA management was asking for?

WeAAsles said:
Oh so you actually truly believe that you can reach SWA wages AND keep ALL of the jobs you currently have?

Seriously?

And they is the TWU. You did mention them remember.

Oh so you actually believe this BS....

Seriously?

If you guys want to negotiate with the company and tell them that you want to make Southwest wages you also would have to tell them that you are willing to give up 8,070 of your 11,143 Members. Leaving yourselves with only 2,073 members left.

Actually just kidding. According to the charts but taking into account that Southwest has never filed BK and has far less debt then AA still even after that court excursion you would have to give up at least 29.4% of your membership. Actually quite a bit more to stay competitive with the other airlines that we compete against Delta and United? What do you think? Maybe 40%?

Just curious what you guys think? Can you get 40% of your members to vote themselves out of a job to as Bob has said "Have a better job to come back to" Someday?

Your continued attempt at arguing job loss in the extreme is just sad attempt at covering the TWUs pathetic track record at representing mechanics.

WeAAsles said:
Went back to work and let the judge decide after he said they should go back. The final outcome more than likely would not have been as harsh through the courts unless the relief was absolutely necessary to the degree that NWA management was asking for?

Judge?

said they should go back?

You're going to have to explain this one ... be specific.

ThirdSeatHero said:
Oh so you actually believe this BS....

Seriously?

Your continued attempt at arguing job loss in the extreme is just sad attempt at covering the TWUs pathetic track record at representing mechanics.
Well I'm the one who has been posting facts and data backed up by links to well respected and professional sources. And so far what are you offering in return?

What should I expect next? " Liar liar pants on fire"?

ThirdSeatHero said:
Judge?

said they should go back?

You're going to have to explain this one ... be specific.
Go look up the information. If you are so interested in this organization the least you should TRY to do is look up the history and the story.

Good night we'll continue again tomorrow if need be.

WeAAsles said:
Well I'm the one who has been posting facts and data backed up by links to well respected and professional sources. And so far what are you offering in return?

What should I expect next? " Liar liar pants on fire"?

Okay, just direct me to the portion of your link that states, the cuts YOU mention, are the only possible way to reach higher wages.

waiting

WeAAsles said:
Go look up the information. If you are so interested in this organization the least you should TRY to do is look up the history and the story.

Good night we'll continue again tomorrow if need be.

I don't need to look it up

I know what I'm talking about, and clearly you don't.

AMFA went out on strike in August, BEFORE NWA filed for bankruptcy in September - there was no Judge involved when they walked.

Nice try

ThirdSeatHero said:

Okay, just direct me to the portion of your link that states, the cuts YOU mention, are the only possible way to reach higher wages.

waiting
Okay last one because I'm very tired now and going to sleep. You will absolutely be getting higher wages come September and that is 100% guaranteed. (Industry Averaging) After that you will be getting more through the JCBA because Parker has made it very clear that he wants to pay industry leading wages and he proved that by going 96 Million over the "ceiling" in the new APFA TA. (Read their updates) Pilots are up next and we can be right after that is we stop futzing around.

Will you reach SWA rates without major outsourcing, NO. Will you be making what they make at UPS and FEDEX, NO. It's all about economics and competition. If you want me to explain that I'll do it tomorrow?

In the meantime have a nice night.

ThirdSeatHero said:

I don't need to look it up

I know what I'm talking about, and clearly you don't.

AMFA went out on strike in August, BEFORE NWA filed for bankruptcy in September - there was no Judge involved when they walked.

Nice try
The judge in the BK told them that they should go back and end the strike remember.

And stop looking for the stupid gotchas will you. It's really grating on the nerves.

WeAAsles said:
Okay last one because I'm very tired now and going to sleep. You will absolutely be getting higher wages come September and that is 100% guaranteed. (Industry Averaging) After that you will be getting more through the JCBA because Parker has made it very clear that he wants to pay industry leading wages and he proved that by going 96 Million over the "ceiling" in the new APFA TA. (Read their updates) Pilots are up next and we can be right after that is we stop futzing around.

Will you reach SWA rates without major outsourcing, NO. Will you be making what they make at UPS and FEDEX, NO. It's all about economics and competition. If you want me to explain that I'll do it tomorrow?

In the meantime have a nice night.

So you freely admit your original assertions were BS.

If you can get wage increases - (Industry Averaging) - without losing jobs under the TWU, then clearly AMFA, if they were successful in an organizing campaign could do the same.

Your original post asserting jobs for wages was just fear mongering

Thanks for clearing that up

Goodnight

WeAAsles said:
The judge in the BK told them that they should go back and end the strike remember.

And stop looking for the stupid gotchas will you. It's really grating on the nerves.

Why don't you stop - when the Judge said that, NWA management was under no obligation to let them return, and I suspected you knew that, thats why i asked you to explain yourself, which you tried to deflect doing, 

You're willing to try and denigrate AMFA but are unwilling to explain the whole story because it doesn't fit your narrative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back