TWU and IAM representation alliance vote

Will you vote in a TWU and IAM representation alliance? (A/C maint. only)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
blue collar said:
You're far from the first to come up with seniority portability.
As far as golden handcuffs, I don't think that applies to AA. The most appropriate use I've ever heard it referenced to is UPS, the working conditions are in the toilet but the pay is so good that you can't leave and put up with the BS. I see people leaving AA all the time for better opportunities, not exactly handcuffs.
That may be true. I have no way of knowing that because I was never exposed to the idea before I mentioned it on this forum. To me seniority portability was a logical step in securing employee empowerment.

I think you are mistaken on your second topic. I can go into many reasons why but why bother? It has already been said. I think at this point you are in denial or a UNION plant. 

Bob Owens said:
Several years ago there was an FAA proposal where the FAA would allow carriers to issue non-portable certificates that would be the equal of an A&P license.  

It creates a captive work force that they can abuse the crap out of, and they have, thats why we see US with the oldest mechanics group in the industry

A younger group of mechanics, or mechanics who possessed a great measure of portability and mobility would never have ratified such a poor agreement. 

IAM representatives of the Joint Seniority Integration Committee met last week in Dallas, TX to discuss and examine issues related to seniority list integration. The IAM also named their respective joint contract negotiating committees comprised of members from Districts 141 and 142 (see below).

The TWU–IAM Associations were formed in May, 2013 after the merger of American Airlines and US Airways and is the largest union at the new American Airlines. The IAM and TWU both determined that joining forces would bring the best unity and strength to secure the joint contracts that Association represented members rightfully deserve.

While there are three separate and distinct Associations for negotiations and representation purposes (Mechanic & Related, Fleet Service and Stores), our combined strength will bring us the best contracts at the bargaining tables.

“We are excited about moving the Associations forward, so 30,000 ground workers at the new American can attain the industry’s best contracts at the World’s largest carrier,” said IAM District 141 and 142 Presidents Rich Delaney and Dave Supplee in a joint statement. “The new American just reported record third quarter profits. Now is the time to be prepared and get to the table.”

Mechanic & Related/Stores
Sean Ryan
John Coveny
Bennie Martino
Mark Strength
Ken Coley
Mark Huffman

Fleet
Mike Fairbanks
Pat Rezler
Bill Wilson
Steve Miller
Mark Baskett
Rodney Walker

The TWU will separately name members from TWU to the joint negotiating committee. We look forward to joining forces.

- See more at: http://www.usaamerger.com/2014/11/07/twu-iam-association-update/#sthash.1rSmf6VF.dpuf

The TWU membership will learn in the next few days that the TWU will
be backing out of the association, even if it takes legal action. I think it
is just a ploy to increase their influence in the association myself but it is 
happening.

700UW said:

IAM representatives of the Joint Seniority Integration Committee met last week in Dallas, TX to discuss and examine issues related to seniority list integration. The IAM also named their respective joint contract negotiating committees comprised of members from Districts 141 and 142 (see below).

The TWU–IAM Associations were formed in May, 2013 after the merger of American Airlines and US Airways and is the largest union at the new American Airlines. The IAM and TWU both determined that joining forces would bring the best unity and strength to secure the joint contracts that Association represented members rightfully deserve.

While there are three separate and distinct Associations for negotiations and representation purposes (Mechanic & Related, Fleet Service and Stores), our combined strength will bring us the best contracts at the bargaining tables.

“We are excited about moving the Associations forward, so 30,000 ground workers at the new American can attain the industry’s best contracts at the World’s largest carrier,” said IAM District 141 and 142 Presidents Rich Delaney and Dave Supplee in a joint statement. “The new American just reported record third quarter profits. Now is the time to be prepared and get to the table.”

Mechanic & Related/Stores
Sean Ryan
John Coveny
Bennie Martino
Mark Strength
Ken Coley
Mark Huffman

Fleet
Mike Fairbanks
Pat Rezler
Bill Wilson
Steve Miller
Mark Baskett
Rodney Walker

The TWU will separately name members from TWU to the joint negotiating committee. We look forward to joining forces.

- See more at: http://www.usaamerger.com/2014/11/07/twu-iam-association-update/#sthash.1rSmf6VF.dpuf

Just sends shivers up my leg.....not.   Don't be surprised to see the TWU back out of this deal as was mentioned above.  Why would they give up all the dues potential? 

So meanwhile, as the other work groups have negotiated raises and better benefits, our imbeciles are pissing all over each other while the members languish at at inferior pay rates/benefits.

Another fine example of a bunch of monkeys fucking a football.

chilokie1 said:
happening.
I could see this happening.  The TWU is seeing the loss of the membership as a whole.  They also see this alliance not going thru.  Why not pull out, have a run off between the TWU and IAM the TWU will win by a land slide by shear numbers.  And maybe, just maybe, this is the long drawn out delay. Hmmmm. Keep those kind of rumors going as I can see this happening.  TWU kicking IAM to the curb, Oh and what about that pension boys and girls?  And what about that integration thing boys and girls?  Hmmmm.   Better start signing those AMFA cards US mechanics.  The shear numbers at AA will crush the IAM at US plain and simple...

chilokie1 said:
happening.
+10

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Way to recycle what I said a long time ago.

You coined the phrase "Golden Handcuffs" (following my post) but when we bring up seniority entrapment we are treated very differently.

I said that to say this. 

We pretty much suggested the same things but I got tons of -1 and negative posts and you are at +4. I have to wonder if these people are interested in the truth or only the source from which the "truth" comes.

Another possibility is that they have gotten a bit smarter. I knew people would come around to my way of thinking sooner or later, it was an inevitability. Simply because it is insane to let your employer hold you hostage (Golden Handcuffs).

As I recall I am the person that originally brought up seniority portability. I got flamed for that as well, yet here we are.
I guess sometimes its not what you meant but how you say it may determine how its interpreted. 

chilokie1 said:
happening.
Can you give more details?  The TWU would be smart if they had a run-off with the IAM.  Could it be too much in fighting?  This could get very, very interesting.  Could it be that the TWU sees a better way to yet again keep AMFA out and it will take the TWU stabbing the IAM right in the back in order to do it?  We will all see in due time.  I have been telling you guys that something is up with all this alliance crap, and we will all see at the end...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back