TWU and the Company reached a Tentative Agreement

Gentlemen,

Let's cut to the chase here,

We have a very dysfunctional union structure that is clearly run amuck that in times of adversity we get sold out.

We have a very dysfunctional union structure that is clearly run amuck that in good times we are locked into long term weak agreements.

The fact remains that industrial unionism has represented the majority of the craft or class in this industry for over 60 years now.

It is fact that even though I am in this industry because my Father was also, today we would all discourage our children from going into this industry.

Is is fact that Craft Unionism is a different form of unionism than the failed industrial unionism that what we are experiencing now.

It is fact that there is still hope for brighter future, but we must all put a little effort into the movement towards change.

It is fact the we have been taught to believe that by giving our two hours pay per month, that would be sufficient and that the "union" would look out for our best interest.

It is fact that this was a false and misleading belief and that in fact we must all stand together and fight to change to the direction of our profession because nobody is going to do this for us, no matter what we pay them.

Please join me in signing your AMFA cards, participating in learning the difference between craft and industrial unionism, and then spending whatever amount of your free time and financial resources you have available in this effort towards positive change that will give us all some chance at a positive future.

Even if this change would not benefit you personally because of your age and the few years you might have left, please take this time to give something back to the profession you have loved and spent so many years dedicated to belonging.

Thank you for support.
This can only happen with a "WE" and "US" atttitude
The "ME" and "I" mentality that is so prevelant within our work group is a major negative and needs to be resolved.

I am dedicated to change the direction, and implement craft unionism ideas into my Union.
Are You?
Well said

Where are you guys seeing all this? I have found nothing but the 3% DOS and (improved?) insurance.
And if stores got .5% more raise and got to keep vacation, what about "Me Too"? Do we still get 50% sick time pay too? doesn't make sense.

Sick time is 100% for 1st 2 days then 60% there after!

Where are you guys seeing all this? I have found nothing but the 3% DOS and (improved?) insurance.
And if stores got .5% more raise and got to keep vacation, what about "Me Too"? Do we still get 50% sick time pay too? doesn't make sense.

Sick time is 100% for 1st 2 days then 60% there after!

Ah crap, got me another minus 1.....nobody likes me :)

Were not on the same side cause i'm on nobodies side but nobody on here likes me either ..... LOL
bet you a Ice cold beer that I can get more minus points than you ..... LOL
You gotta have a sense of humor & it looks like you do B) Like I said I don't agree with a lot of your opinions but having a sense of humor & not worrying about making friends .... that's a good thing.
I gave you a plus to offset your minus so you owe me now ..... LOL

I know the language will soon be available but if anyone has seen the full text .. fill us in instead of throwing out tidbits that are without proof. Most I've seen seems to be rumor without backing. Was bad enough our "elected" officers negotiating in secret.

Were not on the same side cause i'm on nobodies side but nobody on here likes me either ..... LOL
bet you a Ice cold beer that I can get more minus points than you ..... LOL
You gotta have a sense of humor & it looks like you do B) Like I said I don't agree with a lot of your opinions but having a sense of humor & not worrying about making friends .... that's a good thing.
I gave you a plus to offset your minus so you owe me now ..... LOL

Thanks for the plus, but it looks like you will have to settle for second place.....lol

I know the language will soon be available but if anyone has seen the full text .. fill us in instead of throwing out tidbits that are without proof. Most I've seen seems to be rumor without backing. Was bad enough our "elected" officers negotiating in secret.
The vote NO video was disscussed at the table in front of the whole committee, So I would say that the laguage pretty much sucks!!

looking forward for the no vote videos, tulsa will be a no vote, specially if jobs were saved at the cost of better benefits and wages. local 514 is leaderless and the line presidents are a bunch of misfits. The making of a good comedy.

This new TA is offering small change up front and even greater concessions behind it which will be more than what they are offering. Coupled with giving away multi changes in contract language that will effect scope,seniority, and overtime......etc

6 years unacceptable

it is a strong "NO" vote again,

I will not set the bar lower for the industry again!
Us air in negotiations now and UAL going into negotiations end of this year. we will screw ourselves in the long run, we will put the UAL and US air negotiations in check and give their companies leverage not to give them anything because of our TA if passed.

look beyond today and anticpate the future

Did i mention to vote "NO"

Back