TWU and the Company reached a Tentative Agreement

Same early out, same medical improvements as the other groups.

Title 1 half sick day remains. Title 2 wanted a raise so Title 1 kept their sick usage the same.

I got the same info Buck just did, Same Early out, Title II will take less of a pay cut for the "MSP" designation ($4.99 instead of $11.00).
The MSP thing will effect about 100 guys(ballpark), I really didn't care for it, but some may like it over taking the street.

I still think this may not pass.

I would not call this a TA, I'd call it a modified LBO. The Presidents from the Five Cornerstone cities and AFW voted against bringing back what is really nothing less than an ultimatum. The improvements were insufficient and geared to try and get the 600 votes they feel they need to get to 50% +1. To sum it up a Line AMT would be making around $16,450 less at AA than a similarly situated Line mechanic at UAL after adding in the value of Vaction, Sick and Holiday pay as of DOS. That works out to around $8/hr less. Keep in mind that UAL would like to try and clsoe the gap with Southwest, they trail them by around $7/hr. United start negotiating a new deal in Sept, if we vote this in we will do more damage to the profession that we did in 2003. We will have not only screwed ourselves but the rest of the mechanics in the industry as well.

The money is only part of it. Company written OT and Field trip rules. They are demanding UALs language as far as qualified persons only going on Field trips but they didnt offer UALs 1.75x pay while away, in fact they want to be able to break you off the job and have you return at staight time.

VOTE NO, Again.

Reactions: 5 people
Gentlemen,

Let's cut to the chase here,

We have a very dysfunctional union structure that is clearly run amuck that in times of adversity we get sold out.

We have a very dysfunctional union structure that is clearly run amuck that in good times we are locked into long term weak agreements.

The fact remains that industrial unionism has represented the majority of the craft or class in this industry for over 60 years now.

It is fact that even though I am in this industry because my Father was also, today we would all discourage our children from going into this industry.

Is is fact that Craft Unionism is a different form of unionism than the failed industrial unionism that what we are experiencing now.

It is fact that there is still hope for brighter future, but we must all put a little effort into the movement towards change.

It is fact the we have been taught to believe that by giving our two hours pay per month, that would be sufficient and that the "union" would look out for our best interest.

It is fact that this was a false and misleading belief and that in fact we must all stand together and fight to change to the direction of our profession because nobody is going to do this for us, no matter what we pay them.

Please join me in signing your AMFA cards, participating in learning the difference between craft and industrial unionism, and then spending whatever amount of your free time and financial resources you have available in this effort towards positive change that will give us all some chance at a positive future.

Even if this change would not benefit you personally because of your age and the few years you might have left, please take this time to give something back to the profession you have loved and spent so many years dedicated to belonging.

Thank you for support.
This can only happen with a "WE" and "US" atttitude
The "ME" and "I" mentality that is so prevelant within our work group is a major negative and needs to be resolved.

I am dedicated to change the direction, and implement craft unionism ideas into my Union.
Are You?

Reactions: 2 people
Same early out, same medical improvements as the other groups.

Title 1 half sick day remains. Title 2 wanted a raise so Title 1 kept their sick usage the same.
where are you guys getting this info