TWU International visit to JFK

700UW said:
Are you really that stupid?

US Airways still exists it is owned by American Airlines Group, as is American Airlines.

Both companies still exist.

US is still flying on its own operating certificate issued by the FAA, if they didnt exist anymore their planes would be grounded as the planes, crews and maintenance are all done under US operating certificate for US Airways, not American.

US Employees are still getting paid by US Airways, not American.
All of US' programs, flight, inflight, maintenance, etc are all under US not AA.

Time the time to educate yourself.

US Airways still exists.
And we paid for his retraining. I still want my money back .

Reactions: 3 people
La Li Lu Le Lo said:
What you say makes a lot of sense except for one thing..... American Airlines (the airline) still exist (in name) US Airways (the airline) does not.  To me that is the wildcard.
If US Airways doesnt exist and the IAM doesnt have a a CBA with them, then why are Fleet Service, Mechanic and Related and MTS all voting on a new CBA today after three years of negotiations?

700UW said:
Are you really that stupid?

US Airways still exists it is owned by American Airlines Group, as is American Airlines.

Both companies still exist.

US is still flying on its own operating certificate issued by the FAA, if they didnt exist anymore their planes would be grounded as the planes, crews and maintenance are all done under US operating certificate for US Airways, not American.

US Employees are still getting paid by US Airways, not American.
All of US' programs, flight, inflight, maintenance, etc are all under US not AA.

US Airways still exists.
I tell you that contract law is not my forte and you call me stupid.......... 

I was not aware that US is still flying on its own operating certificate issued by the FAA. That cleared a lot up. I am an outsider looking in now. I am not privy to all the information you are. Even if I was, I have no training in contract law, you stated yourself you had "labor training".

You need to understand I have never been through a merger. The only thing I have to go by is TWA. TWA employees (eventually) fell under TWU contract. I have not had the experience of going through this like I assume most of you have. 

700UW said:
Time the time to educate yourself.
I will assume you meant take the time to educate yourself....... I thought that was what I was doing.  You did say you had training in contract law did you not? Would that not make you qualified to answer those questions?

700UW said:
If US Airways doesnt exist and the IAM doesnt have a a CBA with them, then why are Fleet Service, Mechanic and Related and MTS all voting on a new CBA today after three years of negotiations?
I honestly did not know they were voting on a new CBA. Again I have been "out of the game" for over a year now. If I remember correctly when I left the US Airways merger was just a rumor. One management was denying in fact.

You claim you have knowledge and I seek information, then you take the opportunity to blast me...... you need to get over yourself. I won't make that mistake a second time I assure you.

Reactions: 1 person
During a merger the smart business decision is to keep the name with the most brand recognition. In this case that would be American Airlines due to it's size and International reach.

Neither airline is really disappearing, just a name.

Actually AA was under AMR Holding Corporation (AMR) which has now been disolved for the new American Airlines Group (AAL)

Hey Fa la la la la.

You have called me names, attacked me and insulted me in topics, and you expect me to be nice to you?

I gave you the information, like it or not, but you get treated on how you treat people.

You even took a post from the Water Cooler and posted it here before.

So put your big boy pants on and suck it up.

700UW said:
Hey Fa la la la la.

You have called me names, attacked me and insulted me in topics, and you expect me to be nice to you?

I gave you the information, like it or not, but you get treated on how you treat people.

You even took a post from the Water Cooler and posted it here before.

So put your big boy pants on and suck it up.
In my world when you ask another man's opinion that is a sign of respect.  I am not asking you to be nice but, you can acknowledge I showed you some sort of respect by procuring your opinion and act accordingly. 

Consider it.

I thought enough of your expertise to ask your opinion., If that is not respect I don't know is.

Again, I won't make that mistake a second time.

Reactions: 2 people
La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I tell you that contract law is not my forte and you call me stupid.......... 

I was not aware that US is still flying on its own operating certificate issued by the FAA. That cleared a lot up. I am an outsider looking in now. I am not privy to all the information you are. Even if I was, I have no training in contract law, you stated yourself you had "labor training".

You need to understand I have never been through a merger. The only thing I have to go by is TWA. TWA employees (eventually) fell under TWU contract. I have not had the experience of going through this like I assume most of you have. 

I will assume you meant take the time to educate yourself....... I thought that was what I was doing.  You did say you had training in contract law did you not? Would that not make you qualified to answer those questions?

I honestly did not know they were voting on a new CBA. Again I have been "out of the game" for over a year now. If I remember correctly when I left the US Airways merger was just a rumor. One management was denying in fact.

You claim you have knowledge and I seek information, then you take the opportunity to blast me...... you need to get over yourself. I won't make that mistake a second time I assure you.
That is the norm route for 700 to take when confronted...

JAFA said:
It's actually fairly simple. US Airways Group ceased to exist on December 9 as you know. On that same day AMR Corp also ceased to exist. Now on that same day American Airlines Group came into existance.
No,  AMR Corp did not cease to exist and American Airlines Group did not suddenly "come into existence.".   On December 9, AMR Corp changed its name to American Airlines Group. 

WeAAsles said:
Actually AA was under AMR Holding Corporation (AMR) which has now been disolved for the new American Airlines Group (AAL)
No,  AMR Corp has not been dissolved.   On December 9,  AMR Corp changed its name to American Airlines Group.    As a corporate entity, it still exists, albeit with a new name.  

I knew one of the 2 entities were the renamed one, but didn't recall which one and so chose to simplify it a bit for ease of understanding.  Yes, I could've taken the time to look up which one renamed and which one ceased to exist, but the request was for a simple answer.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
You mentioned that....... I am asking what are the mechanics of the law that protect a UNION member that works for a company that no longer exists. IAM had a contract with US Airways, they are not TWU, and US Airways is now American Airlines, so what exactly about the law protects them?

So to recap......
They are not part of the TWU (which American Airlines has a contract with) and the company they worked for no longer exist (in name). I don't understand how a contract like that can be enforced. Contract law is not my forte, so explain it to me like I am 5 years old.

In the un-natural world of corporate person-hood its understandable and probably deliberate that most of us get confused.

American Airlines, a legal person, was owned by AMR,(does that in effect make AA, a legal person, a slave of AMR?)  a corporate entity spawned from itself. AMR changed its name and it now owns both American Airlines and all the assets and liabilities (contracts)of what ever owned USAIRways. It has been stated that the newly named former AMR, which is being run by the management team from the USAIRways corporation, intends to merge the two airlines its owns and operate them as a single carrier. Renegotiating the contracts is a part of that process. At UAL/CAL they have been in the same process for over three years now. Corporations can own corporations, they can even spawn a corporation to own itself, they can fund political campaigns and have the same rights of free speech, while they can not actually physically cast a ballott they can channell their huge resourses to ensure that votes go the way they want them to. They can  own, sue, sell enter into contracts etc like Human beings can, but they also posses abilities that no human person has, they can not be drafted, they can break any law and not be imprisoned, they have an unlimited life span and as mentioned earlier, unlike any "real person", they can do what God did, create a whole other person from a portion of an existing one !

As the rights of corporations continues to expand, to the diminishing rights of real 'people',  (now they also have the right to impose their 'religious" beliefs on their workers-I wonder what denomination the new AA is? ) expect things to continue to be more and more confusing, and that's the way its intended to be, hopefully people get frustrated  and go back to watching the latest reality TV show or follow whats really important such as which baseball team is in first place or who has the most RBI's.  

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts