TWU International visit to JFK

Chuck Schalk said:
that
US doesnt have a title 2 list.

A mechanic is a mechanic, you have different bid areas, but they are all mechanics, you have APs who are in GSE or Plant Mtc.

They are all paid the same.

At AA not counting license pay, does an A&P, GSE and Plant Mtc mechanics all get the same rate of pay for their step on the pay scale or are they paid lower than an A&P?

And at US they dont have OSMs.[/quo

same with amfa, title 2 get the same base rate of pay excluding license pay and they do not have osm, amt-o.
Title 2 is way underpaid with their class and craft under the twu.
Same way at SWA, don't let  them tell you guys any different...

This is why I believe the rumor that the TWU will get maint and the IAM the ramp. No union has done the least for the profession of an aircraft mechanic.

The Dissident said:
The twu vist was just a show to placate the workforce. Sources within the twu imply that a deal has already been cut between the iam and the twu. Mechanic and related will be shifted over to the iam and the ground workers will be twu.
Bigjets thinks just the opposite.

700UW said:
What are you talking about UA?
UA has nothing to do with this.

And you truly dont understand the process, no one at PMUS will be working under the PMAA CBA.

The Railway Labor Act protects PMUS.

That is why the company wants to enter JCBA negotiations ASAP.
I meant US Airways, not United, just to be clear.

You are right I don't understand the process, that is why I asked. I never claimed I did.

700UW said:
US doesnt have a title 2 list.

A mechanic is a mechanic, you have different bid areas, but they are all mechanics, you have APs who are in GSE or Plant Mtc.

They are all paid the same.

At AA not counting license pay, does an A&P, GSE and Plant Mtc mechanics all get the same rate of pay for their step on the pay scale or are they paid lower than an A&P?

And at US they dont have OSMs.
AMTs and Plant Maint. Mechanics are paid the same base wage and we do not have a GSE classification.

700UW said:
Who fixes and maintains the ground equipment?

[SIZE=11.5pt]CLASSIFICATION DESCRIPTION [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11.5pt]Title II - Plant Maintenance [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11.5pt]PLANT MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (AUTOMOTIVE/FACILITIES) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11.5pt](a) The work of the Plant Maintenance Mechanic classification, depending upon assignment, includes, in addition to the work specified for the Maintenance Support Person classification, any or all of the following: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11.5pt](1) Lay-out, planning, and execution of complex maintenance assignments requiring the skills of one or more of the maintenance trades, such as electrician, plumber, steamfitter, carpenter, painter, auto mechanic, millwright, heating and air-conditioning engineer, or other similar skilled journeyman trades. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11.5pt](2) Those duties will include, among others, the necessary sequence of operations to troubleshoot, disassemble, clean, check, repair, rework, replace, fabricate, assemble, install and adjust any building component, plant equipment, automotive and ground equipment, machinery, accessories, parts, etc., and explaining the work procedures to personnel assigned to assist in that work. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11.5pt](3) Works according to Company regulations and procedures and instruction from Crew Chief or supervisor. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11.5pt](4) Completes forms connected with his work assignments according to established procedures. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11.5pt](5) Will communicate with other Company personnel as required in a manner designated by the Company. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11.5pt]In addition to the above duties, he performs the following duties as assigned: requesting parts, cleaning work area, performing FOD walks, de-icing of aircraft; cleaning of aircraft windshields; pushing out/towing of aircraft and related guideman functions; connecting/removing ground power and ground start units.[/SIZE]

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
You think they will try to claim UA no longer exist to subjugate the contract? What protects the PMUS employees from Parker and Friends attempting it?

I never thought I would be asking your opinion about anything but, here we are.

700UW said:
What are you talking about UA?
UA has nothing to do with this.

And you truly dont understand the process, no one at PMUS will be working under the PMAA CBA.

The Railway Labor Act protects PMUS.

That is why the company wants to enter JCBA negotiations ASAP.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I meant US Airways, not United, just to be clear.

You are right I don't understand the process, that is why I asked. I never claimed I did.

You never really answered my question.

700UW said:
The Railway Labor Act.
You mentioned that....... I am asking what are the mechanics of the law that protect a UNION member that works for a company that no longer exists. IAM had a contract with US Airways, they are not TWU, and US Airways is now American Airlines, so what exactly about the law protects them?

So to recap......
They are not part of the TWU (which American Airlines has a contract with) and the company they worked for no longer exist (in name). I don't understand how a contract like that can be enforced. Contract law is not my forte, so explain it to me like I am 5 years old.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I don't understand how a contract like that can be enforced. Contract law is not my forte, so explain it to me like I am 5 years old.
It's actually fairly simple. US Airways Group ceased to exist on December 9 as you know. On that same day AMR Corp also ceased to exist. Now on that same day American Airlines Group came into existance.

Now the IAM has a contract with US Airways (the airline itself) not with the parent corporation US Airways Group. The TWU has a contract with American Airlines (again the airline itself) not with the parent corporation AMR Corp.

On December 8 US Airways Group ownded several subsidiaries. Among them was the airline US Airways. On December 8 AMR Corp. owned several subsidiaries and among them was the airline American Airlines.

On December 9 when American Airlines Group came into existance there were several corporate transactions and among them was the acquisition of 2 subsidiary airlines, US Airways from US Airways Group and American Airlines from AMR Corp.

As a result of al of this today American Airlines Group exists and owns many subsidiary companies. Among those subsidiaries are US Airways (the airline itself) which continues to have a contract with the IAM and American Airlines (the airline itself) which continues to have a contract with the TWU.

JAFA said:
It's actually fairly simple. US Airways Group ceased to exist on December 9 as you know. On that same day AMR Corp also ceased to exist. Now on that same day American Airlines Group came into existance.

Now the IAM has a contract with US Airways (the airline itself) not with the parent corporation US Airways Group. The TWU has a contract with American Airlines (again the airline itself) not with the parent corporation AMR Corp.

On December 8 US Airways Group ownded several subsidiaries. Among them was the airline US Airways. On December 8 AMR Corp. owned several subsidiaries and among them was the airline American Airlines.

On December 9 when American Airlines Group came into existance there were several corporate transactions and among them was the acquisition of 2 subsidiary airlines, US Airways from US Airways Group and American Airlines from AMR Corp.

As a result of al of this today American Airlines Group exists and owns many subsidiary companies. Among those subsidiaries are US Airways (the airline itself) which continues to have a contract with the IAM and American Airlines (the airline itself) which continues to have a contract with the TWU.
What you say makes a lot of sense except for one thing..... American Airlines (the airline) still exist (in name) US Airways (the airline) does not.  To me that is the wildcard.

Are you really that stupid?

US Airways still exists it is owned by American Airlines Group, as is American Airlines.

Both companies still exist.

US is still flying on its own operating certificate issued by the FAA, if they didnt exist anymore their planes would be grounded as the planes, crews and maintenance are all done under US operating certificate for US Airways, not American.

US Employees are still getting paid by US Airways, not American.
All of US' programs, flight, inflight, maintenance, etc are all under US not AA.

Time the time to educate yourself.

US Airways still exists.