TWU Local 567

I believe this letter could be deamed a rule 32 violation.
Under these conditions rule 32 does not apply, as much as I dislike Lorenzi I would defend his right to express himself as a union member without interference from the company. A possible charge may be conduct unbecoming a member, but I would argue that the union members bill of rights protects his right to say what he said.

<_< ------- I believe Bob is correct. If there are any repercussions, it would have to come from the International. Will that happen? We'll see! It should!!!! But frankly, I doubt it!!! :down: One other point! Matt claims to be speaking for the entire AFW "E" board! Although, I only saw one signature on that peace of crape! I really can't see them approving such language! If they in fact did, they are just as guilty of, if nothing else, poor judgment!

I think Chuck is correct here.

From what I have heard, Matt is for Matt and nobody else.
[/quote

When Matt was CC in the paint shop he was all for the PLI,CI,JLT and any other acronym that the company could come up with. This was his way of being a company boot licker (HIS WORDS) so that the supr in his shop would overlook his drinking. When his crew rebelled against him he called corporate security and got three people on his crew terminated. I guess Matt thought that they went to far when they bent the doors on his locker,glued election cards quarters and pictures of donkeys to his desk, p@$$&d in his coffee pot and chair. Oh and I almost forgot about the bag of feces left in his locker. With Matt writing all these letters I'm sure that he has not had the time to rekindle the flame with the sexatary at the local union hall.

Under these conditions rule 32 does not apply, as much as I dislike Lorenzi I would defend his right to express himself as a union member without interference from the company. A possible charge may be conduct unbecoming a member, but I would argue that the union members bill of rights protects his right to say what he said.
Well this was not the case for a pilot who was fired for rule 32 for remarks posted on the unions website towards his union officers, and they were not nearly as colorful as Lorenzi's. This pilots case was recently upheld in arbitration.

The company and union protect drunks as long as they dance to the tune. And they are indeed willing to dance to the tune.

If past history shows correctly, then Matt Lorenzi should be promoted to the elite group of ATD International Reps. He fits all the credentials to become one of the good old boys! Look who they have promoted,fired, and re-promoted in the past!

Well I see General Smirnoff is crawfishing already. He has his apology on the local 567 website. It seems to me that he is blaming somebodyelse for posting the letter when it was not suppose to be public knowledge. I guess Little called two hat after OUR PAY called Little. I also heard that HR is looking in this and would accept any and all complaints in this matter.

Open Letter from Matt Lorenzi
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Recently it has come to my attention that a “draftâ€￾ copy of a letter I had written, directed toward the representational leadership of Locals 514 & 530, may have been circulated on the shop floor. The draft contained extremely strong language that was a reflection of what I viewed as an incomprehensible attack against our Executive Board, and our Local, as reflected in postings made on their web sites. The draft had been inadvertently attached to a posting I submitted for publication on our Local website, explaining our position to you, the membership. Thankfully, our webmaster was prudent enough to put the second letter behind a warning “may contain objectionable languageâ€￾ after I had directed, that the attached was for “immediate postingâ€￾. I would like to apologize if anyone had been frightened or offended by such language, I do however, stand by the content, Thereby I will only apologize for the profanity.

Furthermore, I would like to thank all those whom have shown such a “ground swellâ€￾ of support, I look forward to serving you all during the up coming Contract Negotiations and the “difficult pathâ€￾ ahead.

Fraternally yours,
Matthew Victor Lorenzi
Vice President, Local 567

I do however, stand by the content, Thereby I will only apologize for the profanity.

He must have taken a weekend trip over to the Hooters anger relief headquarters, and and thereby able to get over the extreme outrage.

Most people I know guilty of violating Rule 32 were unable to salvage themselves by making an apology. Maybe this will set a precedent that will save a few members their jobs in the future. Could ALL members guilty of making inadvertant postings on the internet now be given a way out?

Recently it has come to my attention that a “draftâ€￾ copy of a letter I had written, directed toward the representational leadership of Locals 514 & 530, may have been circulated on the shop floor. The draft contained extremely strong language that was a reflection of what I viewed as an incomprehensible attack against our Executive Board, and our Local, as reflected in postings made on their web sites. The draft had been inadvertently attached to a posting I submitted for publication on our Local website, explaining our position to you, the membership. Thankfully, our webmaster was prudent enough to put the second letter behind a warning “may contain objectionable languageâ€￾ after I had directed, that the attached was for “immediate postingâ€￾. I would like to apologize if anyone had been frightened or offended by such language, I do however, stand by the content, Thereby I will only apologize for the profanity.

Furthermore, I would like to thank all those whom have shown such a “ground swellâ€￾ of support, I look forward to serving you all during the up coming Contract Negotiations and the “difficult pathâ€￾ ahead.

Fraternally yours,
Matthew Victor Lorenzi

I do not believe he is sorry. He must have known full well that his "letter" would be printed and circulated outside of Local 567. You do not write a letter like that and give it to someone and believe it will stay with that person. It was even posted on the Local 567 web site so why is he sorry now?

I think either Little or Videtich had a phone call conversation with Matthew and directed him to take it down and to publically eat crow. He did, but then spit out the crow with his only apologizing for the profanity. When you eat crow you must swallow it.

I do wish to thank Matt for his view on "regional" pay. Nice to see a guy looking out for all AMTs. NOT! Hey Matt, what is wrong with regional/cola pay?

Fraternally yours,
Matthew Victor Lorenzi

I do not believe he is sorry. He must have known full well that his "letter" would be printed and circulated outside of Local 567. You do not write a letter like that and give it to someone and believe it will stay with that person. It was even posted on the Local 567 web site so why is he sorry now?

I think either Little or Videtich had a phone call conversation with Matthew and directed him to take it down and to publically eat crow. He did, but then spit out the crow with his only apologizing for the profanity. When you eat crow you must swallow it.

I do wish to thank Matt for his view on "regional" pay. Nice to see a guy looking out for all AMTs. NOT! Hey Matt, what is wrong with regional/cola pay?

He's only sorry because it was made public.

<_< ------- Looks like the man is doing some serious "back peddling" to me! "Draft letter"! Right! And if you believe that, I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you! The man has no business being in the position he's in. But that's not my call is it? One thing I do know is if he goes off the handel that easily, he has no business negotiating anything for anyone! ------- Just one man's opinion!

Latest posts