TWU merger update [fleet service]

fleet pay i believe is topped at about 17 an hr after 10 or 20 yrs
sick pay is none for first day, 50% for the next few days before it reverts to full on I believe the fifth or sixth day
vacation was reduced to about 4 or 5 weeks.

Moral to that story....if you gonna miss one day, make sure you are fully recovered before returning to work! :up:

Hey, we had one guy years ago, when told he needed a doctors note, he said "No problem." So he brought in a note on a doctors prescription pad. The doctor was an OBGYN ! :up: :up: :up:

They questioned him, he said if you don't believe it's from this doctor call him! He's a friend of my dad's (an exec with the company) They didn't call.

fleet pay i believe is topped at about 17 an hr after 10 or 20 yrs
sick pay is none for first day, 50% for the next few days before it reverts to full on I believe the fifth or sixth day
vacation was reduced to about 4 or 5 weeks.

Please post the correct #s.
IAM Fleet contract- 10 year payscale
4 weeks vacation
You are correct about the sick time, unfortunately

I filled out my card today, and will be sending it in with several others from my former station...Keep sending those cards in...Let's give the IAM the "Boot".. :up:

i wonder how many of those outsourced cities are turning their backs to the IAM by way of sending in those cards? so far in my city, about 8 of us who stayed have signed up and a few more on the furloufgh status are in the process of signing up

Keep those cards coming!! Nothing would give me a greater sense of satisfaction than to see the IAM Gone for good.
They turned their backs on all of us in the Class 2 Stations, now it is our turn to send them our message!!
Even if I never get to return to the company, I would be dancing in the streets if they were ousted. :up:

Keep those cards coming!! Nothing would give me a greater sense of satisfaction than to see the IAM Gone for good.
They turned their backs on all of us in the Class 2 Stations, now it is our turn to send them our message!!
Even if I never get to return to the company, I would be dancing in the streets if they were ousted. :up:

You must mean the card at http://local580.twuatd.org/contract/contract.pdf

that must be mailed to
Transport Workers Union of America
1635 West University Suite 126
Tempe, Arizona 85281

wings
several of the 'piedmont' stations and a few 'psa' stations have been signing cards. It has been almost an all or nothing situation. The small stations doing signups are doing big % signups, whereas the small stations that are current or previous who have done nothing is a result of ignorance of knowing what is going on. Someone initiated calling these other stations last week and most of the workers didn't really know what was going on but at least over the phone have said "Heck yeah, send them we will do whatever it takes to get rid of the IAM" It remains to be seen if they will all come through but at least on the phone it seemed almost like a sure bet that they will participate in the signups also. Remember, we are talking about those who are laid off from US AIRWAYS but are now working at a commuter airline.

FWIW: CLT is still signing cards. I don't believe any cards have come in from PIT. PHL has less than 30 signed from what I know. Some stations have completed their signups. Contact with LGA has now been initiated also. One west coast city will commence their signup next week. ORD will start its signup soon also.

It is my understanding that the TWU may want approx 600 cards signed and they are now on the back end of that number. Still much work to do.

If anyone needs the cards or wants to join in on the campaign to "Boot the IAM" then email me at: [email protected]

regards,

You will need to download the card at http://local580.twuatd.org/contract/contract.pdf

and mail it to:
Transport Workers Union of America
1635 West University Suite 126
Tempe, Arizona 85281
You go barbee!!! I will get more info to EVERYONE soon! :up: :up: BELIEVE me its on its way. No body deserves to be taken back the way every IAM member has suffered......
until now, There are people who never want you to see that again ever if at all possible. Even fighting tooth and nail!

we know that already 700 that has been the most famous saying but now with a lawsuit from the TWU it sounds like they are trying to change it as though USAIR was the carrier that was brought. sounds pretty good top me.

Latest posts