TWU merger update [fleet service]

Leave off any personal attacks. Attack the message if you will, but not the messenger. Thank you.

if everyone had any options, then the IAM FLEET SERVICE REPS should have NEGOGIATED a better deal than the one that sold all class 2 cities only after PVD and BDL got added to the CLASS I cities list.
The IAM FLEET SERVICE UNION is a FAILURE because they FAILED their own membership, losing thousands of hard working people and then had the balls to raise the dues and force the ones collecting severance to pay union dues. that is what I term patethic.

You seem to have all of the answers when no one is asking a question. When someone does ask a question you are no where to be found. Is it really necessary for you to continue to spout off your iam lies about the ramp when that has nothing to do with the mechanics? If you feel it is, then I have some questions for you to answer that should keep you busy weaseling up an answer until about 2012.

There will never be any solidarity until the iam agrees to right the wrongs that they have thrust upon fleet service.

1. Seniority should be DOH for all intents and purposes. They say that this is what we have but if you back them into a corner they can't prove how this is so. The only way it can be proven is when you look at the system seniority list and see your name and there is one and only one date beside your name. And that date is the day that you were hired. No one can put up a legitimate argument against DOH, it is the only fair way. Everyone knows where they fall in line.

2. iam pension should be changed to hours worked weekly, up to 40. No fulltime/parttime segregation. Some fulltimers don't work 40 hours a week, while some parttimers do work 40 hours a week. The fulltimer gets $78 a month while a parttimer gets $38. Basing the iam contribution on how many hours you actually work per week, and not by what you are designated as, is much better than ft-$78, and pt-$38.

3. We should also be recombined with the ticket counter agents. Where we would be one great big happy family again. When the company tries to pull something on one work function, they would know the other is there backing them up because we would be ONE!

if everyone had any options, then the IAM FLEET SERVICE REPS should have NEGOGIATED a better deal than the one that sold all class 2 cities only after PVD and BDL got added to the CLASS I cities list.
The IAM FLEET SERVICE UNION is a FAILURE because they FAILED their own membership, losing thousands of hard working people and then had the balls to raise the dues and force the ones collecting severance to pay union dues. that is what I term patethic.
why then did the majority vote to accept and not reject?
apparently it was a good deal if the majority accepted it.

why then did the majority vote to accept and not reject?
apparently it was a good deal if the majority accepted it.
the majority that voted for it was in the hubs and the addition of BDL and PVD to the CLASS I list in order to get
the contract thru. the company and the IAM both knew it was the only way to get it thru because without the addition of the BDL and PVD to CLASS I the deal wasnt going to go thru. I also know that in my city only one voted for it and the rest of us (then 25 people) voted it down.

In addition, with the large number of employees who are on furlough status with recall rights at
US Airways, there is a strong possibility of decertification if an election were to be conducted. Our
members are very cognizant of that fact, and this has created a very hostile environment in the
workplace.

The above is from a Dec 15 letter from the IAM to the NMB. How nice that they are concerned about those that were sacrificed.

I do know for a fact that when Tony Armedio was in MDT in April, the day before he came to my city, he was backed into a corner by nearly all of the ramp agents and yet he couldnt even produce an answer when asked why "are we sacraficing our city and not the phl catering" that is very pathetic of the IAM Fleet Service Reps who cant answer any of the truth

In addition, with the large number of employees who are on furlough status with recall rights at
US Airways, there is a strong possibility of decertification if an election were to be conducted. Our
members are very cognizant of that fact, and this has created a very hostile environment in the
workplace.

The above is from a Dec 15 letter from the IAM to the NMB. How nice that they are concerned about those that were sacrificed.
I for one, would hope that each and every member excercise their right to vote so that there is not a decertification.

Why would the IAM send a letter like that to the NMB? IMO, there may be more to the hostile environment in the workplace.

BINGO!
catering

He has done a lousy job of representation in PHL. When I went to PHL personally to take care of a card drive for the AGW, PHL was no problem. We got 50% without spending over $10.

In fact, if there was one person with 'a set' in PHL, that person wouldn't have any problem picking up cards for the TWU. Not saying a majority signup would be a reality at this point since the IAM's scare and intimidation tactics of losing a union have installed and programmed fear in the PHL workers, but many in PHL do think through the fear and realize there is no hope for the next 10 years if they keep the IAM's permanent bankrupt contract.

regards,

Ask the thousands who have been furloughed or outsourced how they think the IAM worked for them. Ask them if they think having the IAM working (?) for them saved ANY F/S jobs. Yes, the hubs voted in the contract (and yes, a very few agents voted for it in the small stations too). The IAM was in bed with the company, because they knew if the vote passed they would still be getting dues....at least from the hubs.

Before the small station that I worked in voted on the last contract, the only information we had was verbal (rumors). Our AGC gave no information. Our local (a mechanics lodge) gave no information. No suggestons or recommendations came from "top" IAM leadership on how to vote (but they will tell you which political party to vote for). We knew we had been sold down the tubes by both the company and the IAM.

I have no use for the IAM. I don't have the opportunity to vote, but if given the choice, I would choose no representation over representation by the IAM.
Why do I even care? Because I would love to see the IAM get what it deserves. What have you got to loose?

I have a question for the TWU reps.
Please show us IAM fleet members some specific pay and benefit amounts that you are trying to negotiate with Doug and Company. We need to have facts and realistic numbers before you ask to vote for change. As the TWU AWA Fleet contract stands now, 15 year pay scale and $15/hr is unacceptable to us. I would take a $4/hr pay cut if I voted for change. Please show us what you are trying to get. and be realistic, I've seen the TWU 2005 Fleet negotiation stickers in the airbus bins, and frankly $25/hr is un- realistic. If you can get us a better deal, some of us will vote, but I will not sign a card that gives me a paycut or gives away my hard earned seniority.

Latest posts