TWU or IAM in a Merger

Once again your lying.

The ancillary language was in the IAM Fleet Service CBA for years at NW, as a matter of fact the IAM represented Fleet Service did more ancillary work throughout the NW system then AMFA represented employees.

Why do you constantly post blatant lies when you have been shown the correct information numerous times?

The TWU started concessions way back at Pan Am, before the IAM ever gave concessions, the TWU started concessions at AA back as far as 1983.

And the TWU took concessions in 2003 outside of Chapter 11 bankruptcy, US was in Chapter 11 and ALPA, AFA, IAM and the TWU were forced to negotiate or face CBA abrogation.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

Why do you hate the IAM?

Who do you work for and did your bank take the TARP Funds?

Reactions: 1 person
Thousands lost their jobs.

It wouldnt matter if all AMTs were in one union, if AA goes on strike, US cant, thats how the RLA operates.

I didnt advocate anything, I voted NO on US all three times in chapter 11, and I was on the NC during the second chapter 11 and came out against the final offer after our CBA was abrogated in court.

AMFA was outsmarted by NW, someone had to have known in the two year period that NW was training scabs to replace the Mechanic and Related.

You cant change the fact that AMFA failed at NW, thats the bottom line.

No doubt mistakes were made 700 but what I saw during that strike was beyond belief. First the FAA turned a totally blind eye to major problems happening there and even reassigned an inspector after he tried to bring those problems to light. Second the trained SCABS still couldn't get it right I talked to people on the inside here in MEM we had at least 3 DC-9's that landed and the wheel assemblies flew off the a/c. The only reason they even pulled it off and they still almost didn't was the original NW AMT's who started to cross and was able to keep the operation going. Now me personally? I am thankful AMFA jumpstarted the raise on the bar that I enjoy today at FX. I make over 100k here. If AMFA had never come along and we relied on the likes of the Iam and Twu I would not even be making close to 30 dollars and hr and thats a solid fact. FX got a huge raise after we at NW negotiated our contract and raised the bar in the industry. The industrial unions have been resolute in lowering that bar once again. We at FX are even bringing heavy maintenance back in house from Asia after we were able to show we could do it better and faster. Too many forces were against AMFA at NW something that no other union out there has had to endure. The NW strike would NEVER succeed in todays FAA and administration.

Good post Lineguy.

The FAA did turn a blind eye, but AMFA alienating other unions, especially the letter Del sent to NW about having the IAM and other unions take more concessions instead of AMFA was a blunder.

Mistakes were made by AMFA and the IAM, even AMFA's own sister union the PFAA didnt honor your picket line.

If AMFA wouldnt have been so confrontational towards other unions maybe the outcome would have been different.

Reactions: 2 people
Good post Lineguy.

The FAA did turn a blind eye, but AMFA alienating other unions, especially the letter Del sent to NW about having the IAM and other unions take more concessions instead of AMFA was a blunder.

Mistakes were made by AMFA and the IAM, even AMFA's own sister union the PFAA didnt honor your picket line.

If AMFA wouldnt have been so confrontational towards other unions maybe the outcome would have been different.
So Union Politics is far more important that working men and women being shafted? Ever thought about the fact that this is the real problem? Dismantle the AFL-CIO get out of politics, and return to the old days where laws do not rule our direction. Only then will the decimation cease.... Oh that's right, it much easier to make excuses and blame someone or something else. I guess the Bakers Union had been aggressive towards the Teamsters at Hostess? Where was the IAM, and the other AFL-CIO community of Unions in the Hostess issue? Your post are pure BS and example after example of what is wrong!

Good post Lineguy.

I agree Del didn't do us any favors. But in the same light when I was with NW under the IAM we as AMT's always got the smallest percent as a whole when it came to raises and we took the biggest hit when it came to concessions when compared to the other groups. Look I know the IAM does ok for other groups but they have no one to blame but themselves for the loss of mechanics at NW. AMT's at NW would have never thrown them out if they hadn't taken our group for granted. I will tell you what it was no easy task to remove them either even after they were voted out.

So if the merger does take place there will likely be an election between TWU and the IAM. There is bad blood between the two stemming from the US/America West merger and the brawl that broke out in PHL which resulted in injuries and lawsuits.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070508104044/http://www.iam141.org/PDF/US%20Airways/Letter2.8.06AllegedPHLAssault2.14.06.pdf
Dear Sisters and Brothers:

You may have heard reports that a Transport Workers Union (TWU) organizing meeting
in Philadelphia last week apparently led to allegations of an assault involving IAM members.
Law enforcement’s investigation of the matter has just begun, and I am writing to reassure you
about several things at this early stage in the investigation.

The IBT drive could have a lot to do with the possible merger with US and the fact it could spark an election between the TWU and IAM.

In a merger there is no automatic winner when there are two unions on the property. No 50%+1 showing of interest needed.

There is also bad blood between the IBT and IAM stemming from IBT raids on the IAM. The IBT maintained that the IAM was lowering industry standards and putting their members at risk as justification for conducting a Raid within the AFL-CIO.

http://web.archive.org/web/20061219232155/http://www.goiamnow.org/communicators/02.14.06.NWire.pdf
Teamsters, TWU Threaten US Airways Workers

Once again your lying.

The ancillary language was in the IAM Fleet Service CBA for years at NW, as a matter of fact the IAM represented Fleet Service did more ancillary work throughout the NW system then AMFA represented employees.

Why do you constantly post blatant lies when you have been shown the correct information numerous times?

The TWU started concessions way back at Pan Am, before the IAM ever gave concessions, the TWU started concessions at AA back as far as 1983.

And the TWU took concessions in 2003 outside of Chapter 11 bankruptcy, US was in Chapter 11 and ALPA, AFA, IAM and the TWU were forced to negotiate or face CBA abrogation.

Why do you hate the IAM?

Who do you work for and did your bank take the TARP Funds?

Spin, spin, spin away. You are the Overspeed of the IAM, you don't use facts but rather attack people whom you disagree with.

Josh

You are the spin master of lies, I provided factual history of what transpired, you havent posted any facts to refute the truth.

You keep ignoring why you hate the IAM, whom do you work for and did you bank take the TARP funds?

I used facts, you havent.

The ancillary language was in the IAM Fleet Service CBA for years at NW, as a matter of fact the IAM represented Fleet Service did more ancillary work throughout the NW system then AMFA represented employees. (FACT)

The TWU started concessions way back at Pan Am, before the IAM ever gave concessions, the TWU started concessions at AA back as far as 1983. (FACT)

And the TWU took concessions in 2003 outside of Chapter 11 bankruptcy, US was in Chapter 11 and ALPA, AFA, IAM and the TWU were forced to negotiate or face CBA abrogation.(FACT)

You are the spin master of lies, I provided factual history of what transpired, you havent posted any facts to refute the truth.

In the debate of who sucks more as a union--TWU or IAM--I will gladly concede that the TWU sucks more than a very sucky IAM--but that both of these unions really do suck--just not nearly as much as the Teamsters suck--because the Teamsters not only suck more than the TWU and IAM--but they cost us a lot more dues money while they suck. :D

Reactions: 5 people
In the debate of who sucks more as a union--TWU or IAM--I will gladly concede that the TWU sucks more than a very sucky IAM--but that both of these unions really do suck--just not nearly as much as the Teamsters suck--because the Teamsters not only suck more than the TWU and IAM--but they cost us a lot more dues money while they suck. :D

Does anyone believe that an election for union representation should take place prior to any merger of airlines?
I honestly think that if an election was held after a merger that there would be some crazy tactics by other unions to try and deflect from the election. Does anyone agree with me? Or does anyone see an advantage to waiting? Hope to hear announcement soon for a representational election between AMFA and the TWU. Would make a nice new year gift for all...

Tex-Mech puts it into words that even and OldGuy can understand.

Reactions: 2 people
Does anyone believe that an election for union representation should take place prior to any merger of airlines?
I honestly think that if an election was held after a merger that there would be some crazy tactics by other unions to try and deflect from the election. Does anyone agree with me? Or does anyone see an advantage to waiting? Hope to hear announcement soon for a representational election between AMFA and the TWU. Would make a nice new year gift for all...

Here is some more food for thoughts. Even if there is a merger between AA/US, it would be years before they were all on one senoirity list to be able to vote on an election representation ballot. Yes I know, the co and/or TWU has put non-eligible voters on the list last time. But I know for fact that the AMFA drive members are fully aware of this and are prepared for it 100%. I honestly just think it would be much easier and smoothly transpired if it were all done before the merger was done. As well as another union trying to join in and help the TWU and ibt to not allow AMFA in at AA. Now you guys watch how things will change once AMFA announces that they have enough cards and will file with the NMB. This IS going to happen, just a matter of a little more time is all. There will be an onslaught of anti AMFA propaganda by TWU, ibt and as well as the IAM (in my opinion) because the IAM knows that if AMFA wins at AA they would lose against AMFA after a merger has taken place with AA/US. Not to mention that all the industrial unions want the craft union (AMFA) out of the airline industry, so they will converge together to try and help each other to rid of AMFA in any way shape or form. I am already looking forward to 2013...