TWU Presidents to Vote Next Week.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/8/2003 8:38:02 PM RV4 wrote:

Rumor has it that the Company (AA) and Union
(TWU) have some form of deal to vote on.
----------------
[/blockquote]
RV4(Dave),
THAT would NOT surprise me in the least!!

IMHO,
If they EVER vote to EVEN consider
1. Pension reform
2. Station/system protection(not so much for the $12,500, BUT for the ability to close smaller stations)
And,
3. ANY consideration of the word "permanent",
Then they should Immediately be "Put out of there misery" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

NH/BB,Are you suggesting A.M.F.A.???? Check out the UAL board!

When are we going to quit using AMFA as the sucurity blanket and threat?

By now, everyone should realize that using AMFA as a tool to keep the TWU from screwing us is not only futile, but also somewhat ignorant activity.

There have been several attempts to change representation for the Mechanic and Related at American Airlines over the years. The TWU membership has decided that they are happy with their current representitive. To my knowledge, there is not going to be another attempt in the near future. The majority of the line station mechanics have already blamed TUL for the failures in the attempts for change. So do not look at TUL to fix what you believe to be broken.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/9/2003 9:57:18 PM KC tirechanger wrote:

Buck, In the past there wasn't STL, MCI, etc.!!Could make a difference???
----------------
[/blockquote]
Yes we attempted to get MCI to organize.
Just ask around. It was just like here in TUL.

Gentlemen;
It is "brutally" clear, what is priority 1, with "These No Good ***tards" that we're employed by.
Elimination of JOB SECURITY !
In both contracts(M&R, and JC), the VERY FIRST thing that they listed was to do away with station/system protection(Article 42), which would do away with the $12,500, BUT more importantly, make it easier to shut down smaller stations !!!

NH/BB's

Buck,I feel Carty is going to take us into B/K anyway. He won't get all he wants from the Unions, and he can smell blood! I just hope this doesn't bit us all in the tail! The company as well!

It's one thing I'm not taking "casually"! I've been through this twice already, as have all ex-TWAers, and there is not a lot left for us to give!

Taking a company into Ch.11 isn't something anyone should treat as casually as they do about running over to Home Depot to get a lightbulb...

Few airlines survive Ch.11 to fight another day.

Of the passenger carriers, only CO, HP and Hawaiian have survived as independent airlines. Hawaiian is relatively isolated but benefits from antitrust immunity with Aloha, HP is surviving due to the benefits of their ATSB loan, and CO is heavily loaded with debt from their recent fleet renewal and having few assets to leverege. They could easily return to bankruptcy if the economy remains in a rut.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/10/2003 12:53:56 PM eolesen wrote:

Taking a company into Ch.11 isn't something anyone should treat as casually as they do about running over to Home Depot to get a lightbulb...

----------------
[/blockquote]

So it is the employees that "take the company into CH. 11"? My how management views have changed in the last 6 months.

It appears all of that humble attitude while conducting complete inaction was nothing more than a phsycological experiment for testing our sympathy.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/10/2003 5:47:20 PM eolesen wrote:

Go take reading lessons, Dave.

I said it isn't something anyone should take casually.

Since you're so great at quoting dictionaries, go quote the definition of the word "anyone"...
----------------
[/blockquote]

an•y•one

Pronunciation: (en'E-wun", -wun), [key]
—pron.
any person at all; anybody: Did anyone see the accident?

The question is, who were you making reference to "taking a company to Chapter 11", not what the concerns should be about such matters. I thought you meant "the employees"/"us" would be doing the taking. Sorry for any misunderstanding of your statement.