we would like to apologize for the twu

dfw gen

Veteran
Dec 1, 2011
Guys if we merge PLEASE force a vote ANYONE but the twu. The last thing you want is OUR contract enforced by the twu. They are single handedly destroing anything we might have. Rumor running around is that the aa contract is the one we will live under. We have no voice whatsoever on the contract unfortunately tulsa keeps voting this s**t in by marority.
Some low lights:
5 holidays at time and a half NOT DOUBLE TIME AND A HALF
Maximum 5 weeks vacation
NO DOUBLE TIME any thing over is at time and a half
5 days of sick time a year the first day at half pay

Again I would like to apologize if you end up with the twu!
Rumor is they are about to sell us down the river again!

As crappy as it is some of that is better then what we have!

We only get time and a half for holidays, but we do get 10 (9?) holidays.
Max of four weeks vaca
Only double time if you work seven straight days
We get like two weeks of sick pay, but the first three per occurance are half pay, and if you use sick time you accumalate points towards discipline.

Max of four weeks vaca
We get like two weeks of sick pay, but the first three per occurance are half pay, and if you use sick time you accumalate points towards discipline.
Correction. You get time and a half + 8 hours holiday pay if you work the holiday. In other words... double time and a half. If you do not work you still get 8 hours holiday pay. I could be wrong... but I'm willing to bet AA has some form of attendance control policy that results in discipline for multiple occurances as well. Vacation and sick day accrual was conceded in bankruptcy. Much to be gained back but this is the first time we've been in Section 6 contract negotiations since 1999.

Correction. You get time and a half + 8 hours holiday pay if you work the holiday. In other words... double time and a half. If you do not work you still get 8 hours holiday pay. I could be wrong... but I'm willing to bet AA has some form of attendance control policy that results in discipline for multiple occurances as well. Vacation and sick day accrual was conceded in bankruptcy. Much to be gained back but this is the first time we've been in Section 6 contract negotiations since 1999.
To all. Please accept a correction to my previous post. All members receive 8 hours holiday pay regardless if you work or not. An employee working the holiday would receive 8 hours at regular pay plus 8 hours holiday pay. The equivalent of double time. My apologies.

Max of four weeks vaca

Dont sell yourself short. You work in a place where this company gave back about 7 weeks vacation back to their passenger service people and......shift differential of $.58 per hr. Thats because they also gave up in 2 BK's like you.

Latest posts