Twu Soliciting Scabs At Kc Base

Correction of my above post. Martin Shugrue was actually at the helm when EAL tanked. But Lorenzo put EAL on a course from which it would never recover.

aafsc said:
Correction of my above post. Martin Shugrue was actually at the helm when EAL tanked. But Lorenzo put EAL on a course from which it would never recover.
[post="269819"][/post]​

Yeah Marty, twu John Kerrigan's old drinking buddy. Even made honorable mention in the book "Hard Landing."

AMFAMAN said:
Yeah Marty, twu John Kerrigan's old drinking buddy. Even made honorable mention in the book "Hard Landing."
[post="269834"][/post]​

I believe Kerrigan had quite a lot of drinking buddies.

Wretched Wrench said:
I believe Kerrigan had quite a lot of drinking buddies.
[post="270216"][/post]​

Yeah he is looking a bit pickled.
JKerr.jpg

AMFAMAN said:
Yeah he is looking a bit pickled.
JKerr.jpg

[post="270222"][/post]​

And thats what he looked like 20 years ago. You should see him now. At the 2001 Convention he looked like was was asleep most of the time.

DECISION 2007 said:
I do not see where the TWU is recruiting scabs...unless you are stating that STS is owned by the TWU.
[post="270504"][/post]​
Did twu Local 530 let a known scab recruiter into the job fair? If Local 530 did this, and its sounds like many credible sources are saying it did happen this way, then the twu local 530 leadership are the same as scabs, end of conversation.

Local 530 will not live this down....ever. :down: :down: :down: :down:

Hackman said:
Did twu Local 530 let a known scab recruiter into the job fair? If Local 530 did this, and its sounds like many credible sources are saying it did happen this way, then the twu local 530 leadership are the same as scabs, end of conversation.

Local 530 will not live this down....ever. :down: :down: :down: :down:
[post="270509"][/post]​

Got a copy of the flier with local 530's name all over it. Will post in the morning. :shock: :shock:

DECISION 2007 said:
I do not see where the TWU is recruiting scabs...unless you are stating that STS is owned by the TWU.
[post="270504"][/post]​

Well if they invited them, knew what they were about, and failed to voice an objection then they were working with them. If thats OK by you then we see the true caliber of your belief in unionism.

You are becoming a real good TWU supporter. You have overcome the first hurdle, you have successfully acheived the "I got mine" frame of mind. In word a TWU supporter can speak of class struggle and worker unity but in act its all about the bottom line of the TWU.

Bob Owens said:
Well if they invited them, knew what they were about, and failed to voice an objection then they were working with them. If thats OK by you then we see the true caliber of your belief in unionism.

You are becoming a real good TWU supporter. You have overcome the first hurdle, you have successfully acheived the "I got mine" frame of mind. In word a TWU supporter can speak of class struggle and worker unity but in act its all about the bottom line of the TWU.
[post="270553"][/post]​

American Airlines invited them to help give the members an option for employment. Local 530 failed to do their homework and once it happened it was to late to stop it.

If the people want to work for them or not, it is their choice. They can make up their own mind.

Like I said, at least Local 530 is trying to do something besides bad mouthing everyone like you people like to do.

My World said:
American Airlines invited them to help give the members an option for employment. Local 530 failed to do their homework and once it happened it was to late to stop it.

If the people want to work for them or not, it is their choice. They can make up their own mind.

Like I said, at least Local 530 is trying to do something besides bad mouthing everyone like you people like to do.
[post="270556"][/post]​

Yea, they are recruiting scabs.

This after they told the members to vote in the 2003 concessions, which enabled the company to roll back system protection which allowed the company to put more guys in MCI on the street in the first place.

So you advised them to vote away their jobs then expect to be given credit for partnering up with a scab recruiting firm.

The March 1,2001 system protection date protected your members too, because the layoff would have stopped at March 1, 2001 and if that person was in a 25% station they could not lay off your guys unless they had a place for them.

Bob Owens said:
Yea, they are recruiting scabs.

This after they told the members to vote in the 2003 concessions, which enabled the company to roll back system protection which allowed the company to put more guys in MCI on the street in the first place.

So you advised them to vote away their jobs then expect to be given credit for partnering up with a scab recruiting firm.

The March 1,2001 system protection date protected your members too, because the layoff would have stopped at March 1, 2001 and if that person was in a 25% station they could not lay off your guys unless they had a place for them.
[post="270561"][/post]​

Ok, have it your way Bob. You should be the one running everything because we know you would never make a mistake.

I see my mistake was coming to this board to try to defend my local.

My World said:
Ok, have it your way Bob. You should be the one running everything because we know you would never make a mistake.

I see my mistake was coming to this board to try to defend my local.
[post="270567"][/post]​

If your Local is 530, it should be that Local that informs its members, even after the discovery of the status of the scab hiring group, that members will be crossing picket lines etc....

If the former employees of TWA have lost all of their unionism, then that is another story. I believe that the true unionists will do the right thing, no matter how much the TWU interfers.

Latest posts

Back